1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project ATI X800 SSR Pickup: Update (Have completed assembly and testing)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Robster, 13 May 2004.

1. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

It's not finished, so I imagine it would be a little bit dirty ;)

2. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Yah i havn't cleaned it yet not to worried about as i have to do more to it anyways so going to get worse before it gets better

But kind of in a hold pattern for the next few days as i am waiting on parts to get here :eyebrow:

But while you are waiting here is one of my on going projects that i just had to work on the old Pump died so had to replace it but hey all was for the best needed new lines any ways.

[​IMG]

This comp has a 3.2gig P4 in it overclocked to a 3.8 also has a ATI 9800 xt which is also overclocked.

Running Pelts on both the CPU and the Vidcard so temps run around -10 to 0 :brrr:

[​IMG]

Oh yah this is part of a showcase here in my cafe this is hooked up to a projector so now have 100in gaming :jawdrop: on the big screen so no more excuses about not seeing someone. :worried:

But that is it for now i will update the truck project hopefully in the next few days

so till then happy modding

3. ArmyAnt

ArmyAnt What's a Dremel?

awesome projector, what kind is it? i was thinking about getting a BenQ6200

4. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

This is a LG LP-XG2 This is not the top of the line but it works pretty good only bad part i find about these things is the cost of the bulbs once they go but other then that they work great and are alot of fun to play with.

5. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Hey ya Robster. Looking awesome as usual, intersting preposal for ya. I work at canadian tire, thusly I get insane discounts on stuff, need anything? I can get you just about anything in the store at cost (what the company pays for it). E-mail me, lets set something up.

Anyways, dumb question for ya, are you going to frame the window in the back of the pick-up? Like a small silver "frame" arround the window would look really trick, especally if you get some blue lighting in there to match the ground effects.

6. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

The back window on the truck in gone now as i made this a droptop so no more back window but will be doing some lighting under the rear cargo cover as this is where the vidcard and mohterboard are so might look at something

7. Malvolio

Malvolio .

I ment "back window" as in the window showcasing the vid card :wallbash: Sorry to get our lines crossed there

8. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Ah now i see what you mean yah well it will have the stock bedcover on it and the only part that will show is the fan assembly from the vidcard when the cover is closed then when it is opened you should be able to see the whole card as well as the motherboard so should be interesting kind of frames the fan in the center of the bed so as to show off the card.

9. eskimo101

eskimo101 What's a Dremel?

What about hooking some small headphone speakers up to it for kicks? :p

10. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

What also could bee cool is if you dont cut a window in the bed cover and paint a cool logo or something on it and they when the bed cover is open you could have a smoked peice (or any other color) of accylic or something covering the hole except where the vid card fan is. Just my 2 cents.

11. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Sound

Well you guys asked for it and the more i thought about i figure why not give in so here yah go the masses win.

Actually this is a pretty cool idea so here yah go.

Luckly with running a Internet Cafe i always end up with a few dead headphones around Courtesy of customers.

[​IMG]

Now to look at the doors there is a place to mount speakers

[​IMG]

SO now to just open these holes up a bit. first drill them out a little.

[​IMG]

Then clean the holes up so they look nice.

[​IMG]

Ok now to mount the speakers.

[​IMG]

The back side of both doors.

[​IMG]

Now the front used the foam from the head phones for the speaker grills.

[​IMG]

so there you have it now they are not loud but do give you the effect of sound so should be interesting once it is all together.

Oh yah while i was at it i decided to take a smaller set of headphone speakers and mount them in the dash.

[​IMG]

Now to figure out something for some bass and all will be good.

But watercooling parts are supposed to be in tommorow so going to start work on that right away.

12. Car Freak

Car Freak What's a Dremel?

Sweet project. I saw some one making this out of a Rc car. Was that you???

Might be a little late but maybe you could make the ends where the plugs go in like little speakers.

Also you could make like a decal that says powered by: Pentium 4

13. ArmyAnt

ArmyAnt What's a Dremel?

P4??? yughghghghgh....

14. Malvolio

Malvolio .

1. Not only is this a RC car to begin with, but yeah, he did make one prior, his Hummer project :p

2. Umm, I would think that any sort of branding on the truck would deter from the general look and feel of it, but hey, maybe Robster can incorporate it in somehow

15. ArmyAnt

ArmyAnt What's a Dremel?

dont forget I did an H2 also, not ever knowing about these forums till just' recently....:)

16. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

2. Robster should put the p4 logo on the inderside of the truck so no one ever sees it. Intel charges way too much for their processers.

[​IMG]

You should put some leds in the tail pipes to have i nice glow effect.

Last edited: 27 May 2004
  17. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Been looking at the exhaust pipes and thinking of cutting the plastic looking things out and putting a couple peices of aluminum pipe to give it a more realistic look and maybe a couple red leds further in to give the pipes some color.

This thing is going to have lots of little details on it.

Also quick note i got the water cooling kit in today so working on that right now will have some pics up a little later tonight

18. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

Wow!! 100 inch projection screen! How much did that thing run you! Man i didnt know this sort of thing was possible!

19. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

Man, youre r/c car stereo is bettern than my real car stereo :hehe:

Looks soooo cool, any updates soon???

20. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Wtare cooling

Well as promised i got the water cooling kit in yesterday so have been working on the install over the past couple days.

Here is the kit that i got while this is not a top of the line cooling kit it will work for this project as i am more worried about space right now.

[​IMG]

Here are all the parts that we are going to start with.

This kit is actually pretty nice and have been hearing that they work really well with the Shuttle cases because of there compact size.

[​IMG]

Here is a close up on the waterblock Pump combo.

[​IMG]

And the rad with shroud i noticed that the shroud is also the clamp system for the hoses so will have to some how keep this later.

[​IMG]

Well lets see how this looks on the motherboard and see if we are going to have any problems.

and how this will work.

[​IMG]

Well we ran into a few issues The pump waterblock combo was a little higher then i had planned for but no biggy just have to remount the motherboard base a little lower and make a elbow for the filler line that comes off.

[​IMG]

First lets see what we can do for a elbow.

Take the whole pump apart and made an elbow that will clear the vid card.

[​IMG]

This should work to clear the pump and give me the ability to fill the system easy enough.

[​IMG]

Had to cut the top plate that hold the motor in as i needed this removable because like the Radiator the top plate is also how the hoses are clamped down but no biggy just have to get the dremel out and notch it a bit.

[​IMG]

Ok now to test it on the motherboard well the fit is a little better it blocks a little of the fan over the chipset but shouldn't be a problem.

[​IMG]

Well next we will mount the radiator in the front.