1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project ATI X800 SSR Pickup: Update (Have completed assembly and testing)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Robster, 13 May 2004.

1. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Radiator for watercooling

Well it is now time to mount the radiator as i said earlier i noticed that the casing that is on the rad is also needed for clamping the hoses.

So we will try and incorperate it all in.

Ok i was sure that i took some pics before i mounted this but now can't seem to find them ( Senility is a bad thing)

But oh well here are the pics of it after maybe i will figure out what i did with them.

First was to mount the rad and enclosure so that the hood would still close.

[​IMG]

Then make sure the front end fit

[​IMG]

This actually came together pretty well.

[​IMG]

From the front i nitice there is a bit of a overhang on the bottom but i think if i paint this black it should blend in and not stick out to much.

[​IMG]

From the bottom.

[​IMG]

The hosing will run from the front over the fender then back to the waterblock should be ok. It's pretty tight under the hood but it gets the hoses out of the way and they don't have to bend so much.

[​IMG]

Well that is it for now i will be working somemore on this tonight going to try and get somemore of the lighting and detail stuff done.

Still waiting on the risercard and a few other peices to get in but should be here tommorow with any luck so will be able to get a whole bunch more done over the weekend.

2. KrAzyWuLpH

KrAzyWuLpH What's a Dremel?

This is looking totally awesome. I love the speakers idea, I think that's really original and cool. I can't wait to see the finish product with the paint job complete. This thing is ownin'.

3. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Water cooling test

Well got the whole system done now and am now leak testing the system to make sure all is good.

[​IMG]

Here are a couple more shots of it all put together

[​IMG]

The back side with the motherboard

[​IMG]

A few side shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So all is going good still waiting on the AGP riser card as it is delayed so going to maybe do something else and try and get the system tested.

4. BlueMax

BlueMax What's a Dremel?

This is the one of the best mods I've ever seen :) If it turns out anywhere as good as the humvee one, it will be great. so far it looks more than promising! :clap:

5. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Hey Robster, Insted of cutting the window for the 9800 hsf why dont you water cool it so you can put a design on the bed cover and then open it to see the card and mobo. Just a thought.

6. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

I HIGHLY doubt that that puny rad could withstand the heat of a CPU and an X800XT. that and those pumps used in thsoe types of loops arent known for their power either. They get the job done, but are only just barely as good as standard aircooling. Only plus to them is sound levels and the wow factor of tiny watercooling.

7. bjones247

bjones247 What's a Dremel?

Tender.

Rob: Excellent job. Subscribed, of course.

I can't recall they type of video card you chose for the project. If it has a nifty design, and since it will be the top-most component, have you considered a translucent truck bed to showcase it? Just curious.

8. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Looking great. I cant wait to see this completed, Keep up the good work.

9. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

:eeek: wow nice job so far
    keep up the great work :thumb:
    Cant wait to see the completed project

10. Rody

Rody What's a Dremel?

What kind of case is that and what brand of watercooling do you have? I like your temps :naughty:

Last edited: 30 May 2004
  11. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

wonderfull work, i sugest putting in a custom billit grill for more airflow :thumb: ur getting good at these rc pcs soon you will be ablit to turn tem out like an assembly line :hehe:

12. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Yah you are right about the temps it is not to bad though been runing it for a bit and temps withouth the body on are running around 38 to 40 so not great but it i needed this for the design as i would not have been able to run a CPU fan due to hight restrictions.

But over all pretty happy with this setup.

13. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

The cooling system in this one is all Swiftech waterblocks with a Eheim pump Both the CPU and The Vid Card waterblocks are the Peltie models there is one 120mm rad up on the top with a duct system so it draws air from outside the case then exhausts out the back so that it always has nice clean air and is not effected by any components in the case Over all the system is pretty efficient.

14. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Ok look at the title and also the pic for the paint concept and you might get and idea :lol: :lol:

But yah it is going to be a ATI x800xt Vid card.

15. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

Hey Robster is your father some engineer or something?

No way one can just pick up a dremel and start making RC PC mods as detailed as this just out of the blue.

16. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Nope just me have always built stuff along these lines like the challenge of trying to make everything fit.

This just was a natural thing for me to do.

17. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

You're doing ground breaking work. Just keep on doing good work, perhaps a nice case manufacturer might want to make a deal with you.

You'll be set.

18. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Yah really now that would be nice :cooldude:

Well been thinking of maybe seeing if i can find some buyers for a few then i could afford to do a few other things maybe get some better tools and setup a shop of sorts.

Need all the cool tools to make some better stuff that i have on the drawing board and out sourcing stuff is so hard.

Anyone have an extra laser cutter lying around that they want to get rid of CHEAP. :sigh:

19. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

Now post that in the wanted forums and see what happens.

Might not get a huge reply, but an off chance someone might want an RC Pc for the laser cutter.

20. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Lighting update

Well got looking at the lighting i had for the ground effects and was not really happy with it so decided to change it around today take out the LEDs and put 2 coldcathodes did this for 2 reasons one the lighting effect just didn't have the wow factor that i wanted and also the Blue lights were just not going to work with the theme of this build.

So here we go tear out all the LEDs.

[​IMG]

Then we cut the bottom out and mount 2 12in coldcathodes.

[​IMG]

Decided to go with purple lights here think they will fit in way better with the overall theme.

[​IMG]

Here is from the ground gives much better light as well as way more even.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also while i was at it i just couldn't wait for all parts to get here so that my cdrom would work so used the portable that i have and installed windows to make sure everything was working.

[​IMG]

Well all is good for now the temps are close to what i was expecting as it is running around 38 to 40 with the body off and everything else is working the only issue i have run across is that it seems the motherboard has a problem with trying to power the pump for the watercooling but i have it wired directly to the powersupply and all is good. So will have to figure something out for that so minor problem so all is good.

So till next time i hope to have the artist working on the body this week and then it will almost be done.