1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project "Beanie's Vapo-Li" Window Pics - 26 September 04

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MrBean, 5 Jul 2004.

1. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Well guys,
    Thanx for the comments so far...it is appreciated. My Inspector says it is bedtime now, my Wife already called me like 6 times, as it is half after midnight in Durbz, so I better listen.

Will answer any questions etc tomorrow, and will post some more pics as I make progress. Good night everyone.

[​IMG]

2. Dean_j2001

Dean_j2001 What's a Dremel?

aww what a lovely cat :D

i have a standard poodle :worried: hehe :hehe: and shes 10yrs old in 5days yey :D

nice mod definetly love it

3. ErrOnReq

ErrOnReq What's a Dremel?

Man I love cats, they are so weird. My cat sleeps on my monitor occasionally in the winter, but now that I mainly use an LCD, she might be a little disappointed. She mainly likes to sit on the random modding junk I have laying on my floor. Box of sheet metal scraps, porous foam sheets for filters, inside a torn apart case, you name it. I am just waiting until the day that I find her dead in a box of electric hammers or something... smart kitty.

Does that book on the shelf say "Secret CMOS Logic?"

4. Halogen

Halogen What's a Dremel?

It says "Series CMOS Logic" :D

Anyways, nice job with the cables :thumb: and good luck for the rest

*Subscribed*

5. Dean_j2001

i think a certain someone needs glasses, im sitting almost 2metres away from my computer and i can still make that out hehee :hehe:

6. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Gosh that's crazy tidy!

7. ErrOnReq

Man, your ability to type 2 meters from your computer astounds me! :p

My screen res is too high for me to make out tiny pixilated text such as that :-/

8. Dean_j2001

im on 1280 resolution in standard text size sitting amost 2 metres away from my pc, then again i do have 20/20 vision, i cant as such 'see' the text as much as i can just make out the general gist of the characters i mean im reading your posts from my bed located 2metres away on a wireless keyboard :D no problem whatso ever, i don't know maybe im clark kent?, and dont anyone sudgest a superman case mod coz ill call you stupid :wallbash: and just sad :hehe:

9. ErrOnReq

Bah, well I'm on 1600 and 3 feet away... but I see well enough to be able to type this:

Have you thought of doing a Super Man case mod?!

AHAHAHA!!! Thwart you I have!

*runs off into the distance*

10. Dean_j2001

sniggers away :hehe: :hehe: man you've been on the pot! :hip: im away to bed!

*back on topic* nice work mrbean! :hehe: mr bean case mod! :hehe: now that would be funny

[​IMG]
    imagine an ilmonescent version of him sculpted on the front of your case to wake you up in the morning with his neon blue nostrils! :eyebrow: ok maybe its me on the :hip:

Last edited: 10 Feb 2005
  11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Owned!!

you make neat freaks everywhere proud! that's some superb cable management. I love that thing with the hard drives behind the motherboard tray. the squareness of the SATA cables routing honestly scares me... that's overdoing it. Especially since you don't see behind the mobo anyways. Unfortunately my SATA RAID card doesn't let me do a job quite as nice as that with the SATA cables and the front panel connector on my Audigy doesn't help either (that one's sandwiched between the mobo and tray)...

Actually my AMD system where I spent all of 10 mins on cable management is neater than my P4 system right now where (till my raptors came in and messed up all of my power cable routing :duh: ) I'd spent longer than is legal to straighten things out.

Great job though! May wanna change the name as it's been taken already, as a couple people have already pointed out.

12. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hi Everyone,
    Thanx for all the comments.....now I need to figure out a way to change the name of my Project......mmmmm...

edit: Done.....now called "Beanie's Vapo-Li" to avoid confusion.....

Anyway, yes, the book is the CO4000B Series Cmos Logic by Harris.....comes in handy sometimes.... :)

And that is only 1 of my 7 kitties, actually our children.....lol....naughty little buggers! They always sleep on my monitor, it is a very nice Mitsubishi NF200 Diamondtron, 22" Flatscreen crt......and it is middle winter now, so they find it quite cosy...

I will post 1 or 2 piccies tonight, where I will be busy with trying to fit the reservoir.......will try out a few different locations....

And somehow I think it would be hillarious to have a MrBean Theme...anybody up to it? hehe....

See you all later.

Last edited: 6 Jul 2004
  13. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I like how you've hidden the hdd's but have to say it's kinda scary to me. The company I work for has computers with those same hard drives and fans pulling air away right under them - they still die constantly. I'd imagine that setup to not be much better for air flow around the drives.

14. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Meow...

Nice project... can not wait to see more... :D

15. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

Dude your scaring me, this is some neat wiring going on in here !!!! fantastic.

keep it up, love the vapo btw ;)

16. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hello Everyone, one of my young friends turned 21 today, so we went out for a few drinks tonight....didn't get much done, but will post more pics tomorrow again.

Set: I am monitoring harddrive temp with MBM, and even under load both drives stay below 40deg C, which I am happy with. Even when mounted in the normal drive bays, they only run 1-3 deg C cooler.

I have had them for about a year now, and no probs...but....I will heed your warning, and watch them carefully.... :) Thanx.

Modkit: Yip, the Vapo is a nice unit, I also have a PE, which I use on the gfx card during extreme benching sessions.....I use a normal P4 Northwood, and managed a 26500+ 3dMark01 score, and 8666 3dMark03...which aint bad considering I am doing this with a P4 Northwood 9800XT combo. Only 1 of 3 guys on the orb which managed 26k+ with this combo.....so yeah, I am happy....

I can post some url's if needed.....

17. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Those are crazy scores... especially since they're right around x800pro levels with a 9800xt!

18. Artagra

Artagra What's a Dremel?

Nice Beanie :D Good to some more South African's on Bit-Tech

Can't wait to see your lighting - I think lighting behid the air vents on the vapo will be nice, as well on the front vents for the lian li.

See you got the Microchill on your XT - going to move it to your NB when you get the watercooling up?

Artagra

19. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hello again,
    Firehed: Yip, it took a bit of modding to get there...had to run the VapoPE on my GFX, and clock the gfx up to gpu 560mHz and mem 440 mHz......cpu was running 4.36gig.

On one of the mobo shots you can actually see where I performed Madcat's VTT Mod...used his idea, just constructed my own circuit.

Artagra: Hi, someone should represent South Africa..... :) Anyway, I have a Microcool Northpole on the Northbridge already, you can see it some of the pics. The one on the GFX is just temporary, more as a test than anything else....I have the Asetek Waterchill 10mm block for this setup, together with the 10mm reservoir....

Why 10mm......frankly, the Festo fittings they use on the 12mm kits are more restrictive than the 10mm ones....I'll post some piccies about this if there is interest.....and of course, another reason is that the 10mm tubing bends to a tighter radius, and handles easier, and looks better than the bulky 12mm tubing.

So, you see, there is reason behind my madness. Will post some more pics tonight, mostly nitty-gritty things, like the reservoir, raddy, fan, etc....

Need to find an anodizing place in Durban, so I can have the VapoLS side/front panels anodized, to match the black of the Lian-Li.

But, we will get there...eventually..... :D

20. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hello,
    Back again. Did some work on the "old" model Asetek radiator tonight....don't need anything fancy, or better, as it will be used to cool only the GFX core.

Here is the unit....in std form....

[​IMG]

We all sometime experienced fastening a normal screw into the thin metal plating holes, and manage to strip the threads....bleghhh...This is what happened to me tightening 2 of the fan screws or bolts or whatever they are called in your part of the world...

So, what to do...solution.....use my trusty old drill, 13 years old and still going strong....

[​IMG]

And remove the little pop-rivets holding the thing together, until you end up with these parts.....

[​IMG]