1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project "Beanie's Vapo-Li" Window Pics - 26 September 04

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MrBean, 5 Jul 2004.

1. Mosha

Mosha What's a Dremel?

Those pieces of mesh ontop of the radiator will catch a lot of dust... :p

2. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Not a problem, between the mesh and the Radiator I have inserted an Industrial Quality Filter pad, we use it on DCS Control Systems in Paper Automation to filter the air going to the Control Stations :)

Thanx for the heads-up, but, these are washable, so very little dust actually seep through these filters. I have one on the front intake fans as well.

Firehed: I will certainly look at those diodes, thanx, was not exactly considering them, but, you have given me an option :)

Will keep you guys posted as to what is up next, will do the breathing hole on the opposite side-cover tomorrow...so the hard-drives can breath a little....something like natural convection.

Thanx for the feedback so far.

Br,
    MrBean.

3. Artagra

Artagra What's a Dremel?

Nice work Beanie, looking good. Btw, thanks for your help with the conductive paint a couple of weeks back - I came right with sourcing some :), but the mod was unsuccesful :(

Something to think about with the hdd breathing holes - place them offset slightly above the hdd, with an internal duct of some kind :D doubt it will make a huge measurable difference, but it should aid convection cooling.

Artag

4. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hi Artagra,
    Pity your mod didn't work out. Where did you purchase the paint? Supplier?

Mmm...sense of dejavu again....anyway, I have alreay marked the cutout on some masking tape, and it ends about 25mm (1") above the drives top.....thought about this last night, and considered the possibility of better scavenging when the cut-out is offset towards the top.

Will not make big difference, maybe 1deg C at best, but every bit helps :)

Thanx for the positive feedback.

Take care, talk to you soon.

Br,
    MrBean.

5. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

the sidepanel screams for tinting !! Remove the mesh, get some black window tint, and it would rock big time.

for the top where the radiator is, get one of those dual 120mm aquacomputer fan grills. The laser cut ones, they rock. Spray paint them black, and it would finish the entire case !!! in style.

but that's just my 2 cents :duh:

6. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

I read through, but I might've forgotten:

are you going to paint the vapochill box? Or anodize it? I think that all said and done, you should have the mesh painted or anodized also (black). It would look good all matching.

7. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Hey, looks really cool!!

I'm a bit interested in the bottom half of the case. Could you put some pics of that online?

8. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

he's prolly going to get a dress up kit for the lightspeed to match the black of the lian li.

9. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

Oh ok...I just had a brain fart and thought that red mesh would look really nice on the black. But just a suggestion. Update plz :hehe:

10. Bradish

Bradish What's a Dremel?

Hey Bean,

Really liking the project, and just loving that alum. tubing! Curious as to how you bent it though. If you are going to purchase LEDs for lighting, then I suggest heading to Ebay, because they are far cheaper than any other site I have found, as long as you need 50 or more that is;)

-Brad

11. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hi Guys,
    Thanx for all the replies :) Some interesting ideas there.....
    I will either get the dress-up kit, or have my Vapo-covers anodized. That would look a lot better, and was my plan all along.

I will see where I can source the aquacomputer fan grill from...bit difficult to find them in South Africa. And, yes, the mesh will go, I will put some decent green or black tainted plexiglass as a window. Should look very neat. (Thanx Modkit :) )

This coming weekend I will reroute the stainless steel tubing, and make it a little cleaner/tidier in appearance :)

For those interested: I did use a pipe-bender to bend the steel tubing....quite easy really.

Br,
    MrBean.

12. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

bean get msn :grr:

maybe it's time for me to get off my lazy ass and start building my pc :p. Prolly a great idea since nobody has a Cobalt Qube casing for me :'(

13. H2gO Flasher

H2gO Flasher What's a Dremel?

Over due for updated progress images please MrBean

14. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

a question i have about your h20 system is: isnt the resivior supposed to be at the top?
    1. to trap air bubbles
    2. when you go to refill it, wont all the water in the radiator empty out once the cap is removed?

these miht be stupid questions, as i have never used water cooling, but i was just thinking about it and it hit me

other than that, great mod, i love te stealthing and will have to incporporate some of your techniques when i build my next computer

15. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Can a Mod please close this thread - I left all this hardware in South-Africa when I relocated to Melbourne, Australia, beginning 2006.

So this one is dead :(