1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Project]Berserk Manga tribute: Gut's Rage(SHAME APRIL FOOLS UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Modfreak, 21 Mar 2008.

1. Modfreak

Modfreak New Member

Yo, Im noob to the forum and also to the modding field :dremel:, any advised will be great.

To start Im a big fan of the Berserk anime/manga. So this project is to tribute it...
    I was planning to the case in the armor shape of the main character, but i dont have the right tool, and it will take 2 months for me to order it from China!:jawdrop:. So this project will only be a pre-mod of the Antec 900, involve much of painting and theme... There will be version 2 as soon as i get my hands on some professional tool.:rock:

Anyway this is the stuffs will go in :naughty:
    [​IMG]
    CPU: C2D E6750 ( Zalman 9700)
    RAM: 2GB KingMax
    VGA: 8800GTS G92
    BOARD: P5N32 E-SLI PLUS
    PSU: CM I-GREEN 500W.

And this is my theme. I gona paint this image on the two side panel... and the top one with some flame :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

The theme is in black and red so is my case. I paint the inside blood red... with some car paint that my friend from a auto saloon gave me... this is an image of the second layer [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ( I use the factory primer layer, give it a bit of sanding with 1200 and its good to go, save me alot of time!!!) It should shine like mirror when im finish with it by tomorrow afternoon!!

This is what will happen when you place your things out side and not look after it :wallbash::wallbash:
    [​IMG]
    Some kid pok his finger on the panel... and mess up some other section too... I was thinking just leave that panel like that and cover it up with some acrylic flame...
    [​IMG]

This flame is made of paper, just to see how it go. it look rather small, so i will cut a big flame that would go along that panel something like this sketch :lol::lol:
    [​IMG]

However there are little run, and over pain that look very annoyed so i decide to sand it and re-paint the silver part anyway. :read:

Last edited: 1 Apr 2008
  2. Modfreak

Modfreak New Member

Yo, this is the final result of my inside case painting. :D:D quite fond of it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was going to give it a much better finishing, but since it will pretty much cover up with the system so i just stop at this result.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the silver part that my neighbor's kid pok his finger on :miffed:... Very shiny and .... man if you could see it with your eyes you would love it :p

[​IMG]

I will figure out the theme for the out side today when am at work. And likely a sketch will be up by this afternoon

So.. Please check it out and give me some advise :cheers:
    PEACE :dremel:

3. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

lookin snazzy! I like the red flame idea on the drive cage, I think it would go really well with the theme.

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I like the idea of using the armor shapes. The helmet design on the front would look wicked.
    Instead of flame patterns I would use the berserker-dog thing from Guts' nightmares. Filling in areas with no armor with bandages would look cool too.
    another idea- make the inside of the windows look like spears and arrows are stabbing through the case. (hard to explain...)

5. charlesbeams

charlesbeams TRANCEFORMer

Berserk is awesome, ill keep an eye on this :D

6. zwiks

zwiks My avatar: :D

B. E. Utiful. Just like Ace Ventura would have sait it :D .

Damn nice paintjob :D Like it alot :D

7. Modfreak

Modfreak New Member

Cool~~ i will put some though in to your ideas.
    However... I was thinking of Gut's Brand ( Red trans Acrylic ) heat bend on to the CPU cooler (zalman 9700) :hip:, I am in the progress of sanding and working on the light for the case. No images at the moment... Final result of the out side painting and progress will be post altogether by next weekend.

I am very busy with my job as a web designer so sorry for this slow progress :sigh:

Oh can anyone help to find the Symbol of the "Band Of The Hawk" i've google it for ages but did not find any good results

8. BigPoppaJNutZ

BigPoppaJNutZ Beyond the Dremel...

Thats really purdy!

Looks like it will be a really nice case when it's done.

9. Cheapskate

I thought the brand was the band of the hawk symbol. It's been a long time since I read the first part. Do you mean like a coat-of-arms?

10. Modfreak

Modfreak New Member

Nah... Guts brand is the bigger logo . Band of the hawk is the smaller logo.

[​IMG]

You can see it is pretty small. so i want to have a better images to see how the wing shape like and get all the measurement right. :(

11. Modfreak

Modfreak New Member

edit

Last edited: 25 Mar 2008
  12. Cheapskate

OK, there was a coat-of-arms. Can you scan it and vector trace it? That's your best option If you can't find it on the net. It's simple enough to re-create easily.

13. Modfreak

Modfreak New Member

Dude thats not even my shirt so to scan it would be very hard man :D However i managed to find the image on a forum of berserk fan, i start sanding today and should be finish in the weekend. Hope there is someone to take picture of my painting so i can have something to put in my log.

However i ran in to some trouble today.

1st. I can not find any red led ( long one i mean ) because cooler master in Viet Nam dont have it, and only some shitty one that from China are available.... which will burn out very fast. :wallbash:

2sd. This i need some one help. As i say i will heat band some flame on the Zalman 9700 cooler, but i dont know to attach it on air wing.... anyone have any good idea? :lol::lol:

14. Modfreak

Modfreak New Member

Hi guys, My friend just call me and let me know that he can hook me up with a Brandnew (with seal) Coolermaster :"Cooldrive 6" in black for like 27$ ( US $) is it cheap?, i was going to buy a zalman fan controller, but now i found out that with the Cooldrive 6 i can stack my HDD in as well so one shot 2 birds...

Should i go with the Zalman or get a good deal? from my friend with the Cooldrive 6

Thanks alot guys

Thanks alot guys

15. Modfreak

Modfreak New Member

Man... Is there no one that could give me some advised on the Fan Control choice? :(

16. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

i know the paint job may look great, but imo, the drive cage (in any case) is a little ugly. I think u could cover it with something like an acrylic sheet and the flames over it, or perhaps engraved on it...

Anyway, u should not buy pirated DVDs..

Nice work so far :)

17. Modfreak

Modfreak New Member

Thanks man. I will man... still thinking about it this is my first mod so i will just let it hit me when it does.:lol:

About the pirated DVDs, we dont have the original in Viet Nam man... So its our only choice. I've living in overseas for like 5 years so i know its bad, but.. its amazingly cheap :D

By the way can you help me with that Fan control question?

Should i go with the Cooldrive 6 for 27$? or buy a Zalman which would be around 40$ i dont mind the extra cost just want to know which is best option... :(

18. Modfreak

Modfreak New Member

This is what my friend hook me up with today Brand new Coolermaster: Cooldrive 6 for like 27 US $.
    The Box
    [​IMG]

For some of you who might not know what this is.
    It basicly is a HDD cooler which allow you to control up to 4 fan in your case ( which is very sweet )

Unpack
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nice LCD display which allow you to display your own messages.
    [​IMG]

It does remind me of the CD player in car... i like it tho
    [​IMG]

Huge alu heat sink at the bottom ... just love it man..
    [​IMG]

Ofcourse Thermal pad and plug for fan and heat detection.
    [​IMG]

This should look Ok with my case since it will be black out side. I was going for a Zalman... but could not reject such a sweet deal ( The box was brand new with seal )

Thats it for today, hope i have time for some photo management on the painting for some log update but im very busy atm. But for sure the spray paint will be complete by this weekend and full log will be post as well.

19. Modfreak

Modfreak New Member

AIRBRUSH UPDATE

Sup guys, sorry that this log is a slow one, but im very busy with my company atm. So this is what finished in the last week ( I Dont have time to sort out the airbrush work log pics, so please enjoy my results photo, Log will be up soon )

One word... SHINNY>> infact too shinny i was try to get a shot without catching any reflection but i gave up in the end....:duh:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Like I said its quite blurry with all the reflecttion on :blah:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I havent finish the top panel yet so this is the patch i use for turning on and of :lol:
    [​IMG]

At this angle you can see there is alot of ... finger print and stuff that make it look dirty i will wipe them off later on.
    [​IMG]

Loving it :lol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im going to change the fan tomorrow... I think will be Zalman with red led. But i think this blue does go with the red right?.. :confused:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MORE UPDATE TOMORROW (NEW FAN, AIRBRUSH ON THE TOP PANEL, WIRE MANAGEMENT)

PEACE :clap:

20. keef247

keef247 Member

mindblowing... i have an antec and i feel inspiredddd. even just a black shiny finish like that! very nice job

Tags: