Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Edvuld, 19 Nov 2006.
i like #3, it looks sortof like vines crawling towards the cross
This is looking really nice, especially the design of the motherboardtray.
Love to see other people work with alu. Something special about that material
Will follow this one
I prefer 3.0
I like version 2.0. its seems more balanced and proportioned correctly.
Update #11 [Front Completed] [2007-05-06]
^ I somewhat lied. All parts are done, just needs some minor corrections and some sanding, but otherwise done after I glue all the alu onto the acrylic.
Thanks for the feedback regarding (2.0) VS (3.0). In the end I ended up with a modified version of (2.0) after considering pros and cons of both placements.
I decided to shrink the cross a little bit more, so that the original ratio almost got fully maintained.
Ok, back to the upper part of the front.
Done! After yet another 4 hour grind.
Time for the cross...
It's a nigtmare to get this one perfect. 1mm differance is very noticable when we're starting to move down in sizes
On to the final stage. I haven't sanded these parts yet, so they might look a bit rough.
Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the front. I'm gonna try to get hold of some black fan screws to mount the 120mms with.
Next update should be in a week, and I'll probably cut the alu for the top of the case.
Over and out.
I figured it'd look good, but it looks even better than I thought.
great work on the front
you have really good skills, i wish i could do such beautiful parts.
cant wait to see more
This turned out a lot better than I had expected. Initially I thought the final product would look too cluttered but I was proven wrong. Keep it up.
that turned out great
Thanks again for the input here, it means a lot
I'm glad to hear that. I think that it would've been a bit too cluttered with the big cross in front... Sometimes less is more
Glad to see your project is back on track again!
Update #12 [Top Completed] [2007-05-13]
The above + 8 hrs of work =
Next weekend: Acrylic 3.5" front USB internal casing, small PSU holder and maybe leftside alu grid.
ya about time huh lol, ya making some progress.
Love how the crosses are coming out.
that is great work.
Great project so far, glad it's all going well
Nice project dude, this case looks awesome
Mind if i ask about the weight??
Right now the empty case weights less than my mATX rig, so I'd guess about 15Kg or something like that. I'll do some real measurements when I'm done, including noise =D
Update #13 [Stuff] [2007-05-20]
Things didn't really go my way today :/
I started with a small L-shaped part that is going to help hold the PSu to the top of the case, so all the weight won't have to rest on the back of the case only, as it will flex by it.
I decided that I would use some more acrylic today, and I tested a sharp 90* angle on some spare acrylic, worked fine. But when it was time for the real deal, I made screw-up #1, I heated the acrylic too little, and it snapped, so I had to redo it again from scratch. Anyways, 2nd try worked a treat.
My 2nd endeavour for the day was making an U-shaped cage for the front I/O.
Screw-up #2 was me trying out some tactics to get a good not-so-sharp 90* angle, and failing miserably at it. After an hour or so I had the first 90* bend sorted more or less.
2nd 90* bend went smoothly, if it hadn't been for screw-up #3. In the end, the U-shape got ~7mm too wide for standard 3.5", but at the time I had had enough of that, so I made some neat looking spacers insted of starting over from the beginning.
Oh, almost forgot. Screw-up #4 was me using a 12.5mm drill to drill through the acrylic without drilling with a smaller drill first, and crakling the edge of the whole thing. GUess I left my brain somewhere else today. Luckily I had put a few extra cm on from the beginning that I could remove without any problems.
Next weekend I'll probable take a through look at it and decide that it looks like ****, and start all over again. Bleh. T_T
WOW! I like that very much! go on like this
Separate names with a comma.