1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Project: Biohazard (PICS! Update 9/24)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Hyjnx, 18 Sep 2003.

1. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

Ight heres the deal, Im bout to come into an OLD (i mean OLD like 1994) Full tower...6 CD bays, 2 A drives, 2 fan vents, and ya i need some ideas...heres somethings i know im going to do already

All black case inside and out
    Yellow lighting
    Yellow Biohazard grills

I wanna stealth the front but thats gonna be hard considering the design of the bays...im gonna intigrate Logitec wireless keyboard and mouse or maybe use that keyboard that Zap used...to get the eerie yellow glow....and same with the mouse...im also getting the ati aiw 9600pro :) dual 20inch VGAs...i know i want the audigy platinum 2 w/ front controls, i wanna get a DVD player and a CD-R (no i wont combo i heard they suck) 2 80gig HD's, stealth PSU, etc etc etc i already got the Creative 6.1 system that i might modify to fit the project

I wanna have a shaped window, and a UV reactive paint design on THAT window...

i was thinkin have a cut out of a barrel on the case and w/ the Plexi behind it on a part of it...have a UV - Biohazard symbol and "biohazard" in impact font...

if anyone knows where i could find a yellow filtered VFC/LCD (text only), yellow fans (i havent but then i only know one site SVC), yellow UV reactive wires...paints...i wanna make the insides yellow...so i wanna get some window ideas and all the "dressy" parts...so id anyone could help...id much enjoy it...

P.S. ill be posting pictures of the case and the project as it goes along...

SO IN CONCLUSION...any ideas will be taken into consideration by me and m0nk3y (we business partners and this is going to be a display for the buisness) but im open to anything right now that runs with the Biohazard yellow and black theme

Last edited: 24 Sep 2003
  2. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

No offense, but why did you start a business and let US tell you what to do? Use your imagination, do what YOU like, not what we like.

And btw? If you think 1994 is old, then I got some news for you: 1989'er in MY room baby!! :rock:

3. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

Heres a pic of a biohazard case mod i started a while back (havnt finished it yet)
    i have a yellow neon but havnt put it in case yet.

[​IMG]

4. m0nk3y

m0nk3y What's a Dremel?

lol ramelair be nice now we are all friends here...

5. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

well this is my case, the buisness is about other peoples they tell us roughly what they want and we build it and they give us money..when it comes to my own ideas im all :confused: :eek: :confused: so i dunno im thinkin of the barrel on one side and that symbol on the other...looks good though prankster

6. penski

penski BodMod

Moving to modding until you have pictures.

*n

PS: shouldn't it be Silicon?

7. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Re: Project: Biohazard (Help w/ Planning Pls)

[off topic]
    Pff.. I've got a still working IBM XT in the closet from back in the day. Has a whopping 5Meg HDD in it too...
    [/off topic]

If you're going biohazard, why not use green "insides" instead of yellow?

8. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

If you mod cases for other people, then you should indeed need their ideas. This one is still for you, as you said...

Biohazard NEEEEEEEDS green!!!

9. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

Salicon was m0nk3ys idea...he just made up a word and it sounded cool so we used it. its not supposed to mean Silicon...but true thats how its spelled...

i think i might do a combo of green and yellow, i was considering it but i didnt know...as for why green and not yellow, i dunno i think greens becoming a new blue...but ill get some in there...

should be getting pictures of the case soon...so

i have also been considereding doing alot of the outside structure in carbon Fiber..(i have an obsession with it and i wanted alot of my car parts to be carbon fiber as well) but i dont know how easy that would be to work with and if i could find sheets for a good price and that would fit the outside case...it is a sweet look..esp if i used a custom grill from KONG..

Last edited: 18 Sep 2003
  10. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

One idea: If you got many free 5.25 bays, make a Biohazard-logo
    in one of those and stealth the rest of them.
    Should look nice.

As for the Yellow fan grills, buy grey and paint them yellow or
    green.

11. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

hmmmm yellow and black?

personally i'd go for a red instead of a yellow. Mainly because I don't think yellow and black go together and yellow imo is tacky.

12. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

@thunder....i think that idea is cool!...i think ill stealth all the bays and have alil biohazard symbol cut out in them and maybe the center be a button if im gonna have some front controls on in one of them...and ill have them rear LED lit..should be very nice..thanks for the idea...and about the grills...i found yellow biohazard grills, i mean the fans...i cant find any yellow fans...so i might just buy some other ones and replace the LEDs w/ yellow ones...

@Lazy...i wanted to do red, because its my favorite color, and most (some) of the products im getting are only in red and the LED change may mess them up (biometric devices) i dunno i might combine yellow and red...if i dont do the green

another idea i might do to keep the green in. Ill do a yellow/green throbing one. Like yellow fades out then green fades in etc etc....and i might carry that over to the keyboard, and then possibly change the LED's on the mouse to a green or yellow

13. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

Hyjnx: Thanks for the idea.

You`r welcome , remember you can come with ideas
    to my project to.

14. tkwsn

tkwsn What's a Dremel?

not sure if this is possible, but you could put a biohazard symbol over 3 bays, including stealthed drives. Again, I'm not sure if it'd be possible to stealth a drive and have a bay logo in the same bay.

15. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

I like that alot!....I really like that idea...gonna be tough...im gonna be askin alot of people for help on that one

16. tkwsn

tkwsn What's a Dremel?

maybe if you recessed the drive a lot and put something solid like a block of wood to space the tray out and then maybe you could cut it... not sure how you'd do it. I'll have to really think about it.

17. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

i was just gonna sketch the design over the 3 put together...then seperatly cut them...how im gonna keep it stealth i dunno...thats worryin me with all the cutting

Last edited: 23 Sep 2003
  18. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

Yo tengo el pictures!

[​IMG]

Lovely front view

[​IMG]

From the back now...

[​IMG]

I HAVE TURBO!!! :)

[​IMG]

Messy but effective, yea thats bit-tech on the comp...and yes those are fish on the wall

[​IMG]

Insperation/MONEY SHOT!! ;)! :rock: :brrr: :brrr: :brrr:

And for a lil fun this was in the case when i got it :)

[​IMG]

Believe me it was dusty as hell!

As you can see this was an OLD AT case, which im convertin to a wATX...and other mods...my parents were like WHY DO U HAVE THAT?! it was quiet fun explainin it to them on well enjoy the eye candy after today it wont look so pretty

19. r3Q

r3Q Minimodder

Hyjnx-

:idea: you should totally cut the side panel so that you can take the top\\side\\side off independantly. just grab a jigsaw, make a path for it [using two long pieces of wood that are as wide as the base of the jiggy, and clamping them so the blade is centered with the line] and then just plow right through and have a nice door that can be removed. that would be one hell of a cool thing on an AT case ;)... just an idea. looking good sofar though.

20. Hyjnx

Hyjnx What's a Dremel?

ya cuz im putting fans in the top...but i think it would be cool that if i just lift the whole thing and the fans are stationary on the frame of the case...and the whole thing just slips around it...

but ill talk to m0nk3y see what he says

but ya its either cut them all up or keep em together