1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project - Black & Blue

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Don, 20 Nov 2003.

1. Don

Don Guest

I had one these standard cheapo cases lying about only to discover its not so standard and has a few bits n peices not usually found on cheapo cases,

Holder to put fan under Hardrives
    Grill to put fan on front of case on inside ( not that there would be anything there to cool cept a few wires )
    Front of the case has an extra plastic molding that can pop off and ide assume u could buy diffrent color ones.

If anyone recognises this case plz tell me i wouldnt mine purchesing 1 or 2 more as they have a fair bit of modding potential.

I didnt take any pics be4 i started to dremel it apart so u carnt really tell what it looks like but bare with me.

Ive started sanding 1 of the 2 side pannels and the top which i had to drill the rivets out to get off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is paints im going to be using
    [​IMG]

Here is the front of the case primed
    [​IMG]

Pics of a few of the tools im using
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres the 2 front pannels after a second coat of black gloss, it either hasnt dried properly or ive done something wrong as it looks dull in some places and not in others
    [​IMG]

Some of me goodies have arrived aswell 2 crystal led fans with sleeve bearings and 1 cc lamp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come, post your views plz

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Nov 2003
  2. ynema

ynema What's a Dremel?

Can't see much as of yet but hopefully we will soon.

3. Don

Don Guest

its the painting thats ****ing me off if that was out the way ide fly thought the rest.

4. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout