1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Diamond! Last Update: 17th May!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Dj Ovin, 8 Nov 2005.

1. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Hello and happy new year! (Litle late, i know;p)

I just wanted to say that im finish with the sanding (used 80grit), but i will sand it again with 120grit maybe. If its time also 600grit (water). Then i will get it on the side door. I think it will be to the next week or something. After that i will plant the plexi, the fan and the front for good, im qiute sure on that Sunbeam dont wanna send me the Lightbus, so i wount make any holes for it. Ive sendt many mails without answers, so ive put it behind me. But quite sure i will be finished with the front next week, and if my teacher get the Umbraco screws it will be finished next week, hopefully!!

What i miss:

-Front, diamond, plexi, fan holder
    -Sanding
    -Put it all together
    -Paint it
    -Fix everything thats gonna be into the case
    -Other stuff im sure it will be some problems! :D

Thanx

Feel free to discuss the project in the Discuss Log! : )

Øyvind

Last edited: 29 Apr 2006
  2. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Hi

Ive sanded down the whole diamond now, with 600grit, and tomorrow maybe i will try to get it on the side door, depends on the time i have, and if someone can drive me, aand if the guy is there :) Will also get some few (a lot) umbraco screws tomorrow if the shop has, and if its open. So untill then, stay tuned!

Also sanded the case with 600grit today, watersanding :)

Øyvind

3. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Udate in the Project log! Please comment :D

4. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Update

Hello!
    It's been a while since some pics have been here, but i will give you some right now.=)

My case have been on an exhibition since Monday, so i havent got to do the little changes that i wanted to. Anyway, some pics!

[​IMG]
    Here you can se that im making the front

[​IMG]
    Closeup

[​IMG]
    One of my fans, a SilenX 120mm Blue LEDs :)

[​IMG]
    My fan controller (Sunbeam Rheobus)

[​IMG]
    My dvd-burner (Doesnt remember name

[​IMG]
    Inside, with fans

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The side door, one with the diamond and one without

[​IMG]
    The diamond for itself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The side door with the small plexi bite, and a closeup pic

[​IMG]
    Side door ntmoued=)

Then i got the case all together, think itself that it looks ok, but it could been better of course :) What you think? Remember its not finished yet.

Some overview pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Top/front/side pic

[​IMG]
    The front=)

[​IMG]
    Another one, closeup

[​IMG]
    Closeup of the fan controller and the dvd hole. The hole isnt finished yet as you can see. Also thaught of making a plexi bite to ut on the front of the dvd-burner=)

[​IMG]
    Back, half side. Think it look ok, but the fan hole, nono..

[​IMG]
    Here you can see hw much the case is over the ground, its enough i guess=)

Thats it for this time, will take some time before i start again with the project, i have to devorce day and night a little bit :p And it hurts in my back that much so i cant continue right now...
    But i will need a guide to fix the button on the dvd, where to stretch the button and so on. Dont know if i will make it, dont know if we have tools for it.

Also want to remake the front again, so i can make a control panel with the fan controller in, power/reset button and the dvd button. Maybe ill by a lightbus, but the money decide it=)

I also got a SilenX iExtrema 120mm Fan -14dB- Blue fan tonight, one of the other fans was broken, so i got it for free! :D THATS what i call good service :)

Øyvind

5. nicke

nicke What's a Dremel?

it look's ****ing awesome :D

6. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Thanx nicke! ;D Glad you like it! As told, pics will come maybe tomorrow, if not you'll have to wait untill after christmas! ;) 24th...
    Thanx for answering!

Øyvind

7. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Hello, i didn't got any pics on thirsday, but i have the case at the right side of me, at home :p Så now it will be modding when i have time, so i will first sand the edge on the plexi, and sand the diamond, its finished cutted out, looks really nice :D I aint have any cam, so no pics, im sorry...

I haven't got any answer on my last two emails to Sunbeam, any idea why? Its been a while ago since they asked after mye shiping adress, so i thought it may be here soon. Could it be any chance that it have been stopped in the custom?

Øyvind

8. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

[MAD-mode]I got at school today and thought; Today i will work with my "freezer";D But i had to look for about ten minutes before i had to give up.. The planks were gone!;@ So i had to make new ones, good enought, but what takes time is the sanding, but it will work i guess..

Todays todo/did list:
    -cutted out planks and started sanding
    -going out now to frost the plexi better
    -clean the plexi before off course ;)

Pics will maybe come in this weekend=)

Stay tuned!

9. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Nice diamond :thumb:

I can't agree with you, the plexi isn't frosted, it's sanded :p

10. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Klikka: hey;) Thanx:) i liek it to! Just sand it, and then *bling* on the case;D
    Well, all right then, sanded;p Do you think 1200grit will be enough?

Tnx for answer:)

Øyvind

11. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Did all those things on the todo/did list actually :D :p So this weekend i ordered some UV Blue Plexi, 5mm, will have it next mondth or something, my dad will pick it u on wednesday, but i have holiday not this week, but next, so wount be able to pick it up, but maybe im lucky? : ) I'll use the holiday to cut some more in the case.

Anyway, tomorrow i will call some people to hear what they take to lazercut the diamond for me :) I must do it over again, cause it was in alu (i knew, but never thougt over it), and the case is in steel, so you get it..

The plexi will be on the side, behind the diamond, and in the front, over the dvd-player and maybe on the other side door where the little plexi bit is right now.

Sand blowing will be when im finished cutting, so either in or after the holiday! Lazer cutting will be probably in, but meybe after too (depend on cost and my time!)

Stay Tuned ;)

12. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Is a few text updates now, but i just wanted to say that i called to hear about lazer cutting. They took about 2-3k NOK for programming the file, and cut it! I could make the file myself, but im not so good drawing, and he wanted it in .dfx or .dwg.
    Someone of you who can make a file for me with a diamond in a .dfx or .dwg file? :) Tell me : )

Tnx;D

[​IMG]

13. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Hi all.

For the moment in doing about nothing, just some fittings where the dvd drive will be, i must take avay some steel there and replace it with some steel/alu plates to make it fit ;)

Ive got the UV Blue plexi (mm :) ) and the 2x 30cm Uv kathodes!

Some other thing is that im planning little bit more of the lasercutting, ive got a great rize on it (300NOK for cutting out the diamond), all i miss is the time on when im a gonna get it! After that i must be finished with the removing, and get some steel plates and stuff, then its sand blowing, and then a new front with LCD display and fan controller ++

Cant wait! :D

14. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

15. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Nice update!

The diamond turned out great! You only need to get some paint or chrome the case now. But i'm looking forwards to the dvd mod :)

You got some work to do with the corners on the topp of the front ;)

What about trying some metal polish on the case? it would give it a extra nice touch...

16. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Hi Klikka;)
    Thanx man=) yes i know, the result of this update isnt the best, but the best i could fix in that short time, i did the front late a monday evning at 1am but thats no excuse.
    I will work on the frot much more, just tried to fix it good enougt to the exibition this week=)

Hmm... Maybe, w'ill see, i can try on a little bit first, but want to chrome the dvd burner and the hdd =) Maybe some other things inside the case! I will also try to make a control panel.

I have to write a list of things im gonna do, and things i have to get, can put it here when im finished!

Please, more comments!;D

Øyvind

17. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

AWESOME! I love it!!! Very nice work. The Rheobus looks especially cool, good idea :thumb:

18. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

gvblake22: Tnx man, really appreciate that :)

19. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

I think he took the idea from Snekker'n on his "den lille kjempen", but i agree it looks nice ;)

20. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Klikka: No i didn't do that. I wasnt thinking about that when i made it, but i remember now that he did it to!

Anyone else that have something to say? If you dont understand whats standing there, just tell me where and i will fix it;p My english isn't the best;)

Dj Ovin