1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project Black&Green (Watercooled ITX) by Deaam

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Deaam, 24 Apr 2013.

1. Deaam

Deaam What's a Dremel?

Sponsored by:

[​IMG]

Yo!

This is my first project log here, but i've been in modding long time.. It's allways been my passion.

Here are some pics of my last project ( https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9b3o00xpyiyu4g5/DIkTPJpj9I ) I had project log of it at finnish forum. But this project will be posted to several.

Project Black&Green

So, even before my last project i had dream about case which can take watercooling setup, but in small size and with black'n green colours.. So i dont even remember how many models i did with sketchup :D i ended up with this plan:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The dimensions are 350mm x 330mm x 160mm~ And the main material is Polycarbonate as well as some aluminium.

Components

[​IMG]

No ITX, huh..? Well.. the width is same as mini-ITX, which is 170mm, it's just little bit longer, but that are will be covered by the GPU and its Block.

I will possibly get Gigabytes awesome Z77-ITX board, if i possibly get some more money, that would be perfect for this build.

The CPU is Core i5-3570K and ram sticks remains to be seen.

[​IMG]

The GPU is made by palit, its GTX670 and i love it.. Since the size matters ;)

[​IMG]

Others:

-The psu i use is Silverstones ST45SF-G, fully modular SFX-psu with GOLD-sertificate.. It's fan has been replaced with Noiseblocks model, couse of much better airflow/noise ratio.
    -OCZ really trusty and such old.. Vortex plus

For watercooling:

-EK:s supreme LTX-Block for CPU, really nice block and i personally like the new look with the circles.

-EK:s DCP 2.2 Pump, which is nice and compact

-Noname 150mm Tube res.

-Alphacool HF-14 -Block for GPU, it suits better than fullcover in this build

-Alphacool 240-radiator

-Fittings will be 13/10 EK black coloures

-For fans, nanoxia (I love these fans, awesome color and quality)

-Tube will be UV-Green and it will travel only in straight lines ;)

Building the case itself

This is how it looks without anything attached or so..

[​IMG]

The main material is polycarbonate, and it will be atteched from the corners with these:

[​IMG]

And ive already made cutouts for PSU:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And today, just before posting this log i've proceed.. So i have attached back- and sidepanel.

I use aluminium "profile" so the rivets are hiden in it, and outside rivets are sink in the panels, they will not be seen in the end.

[​IMG]

I hope you find this interesting! Please comment what you think and follow until next time ;)

Last edited: 27 May 2013
  2. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Ooh this looks really interesting, definitely liking the rivet hiding method. A nice solid design with some great components thrown in, well, can't really go wrong with that eh?

3. Deaam

Deaam What's a Dremel?

Should not go wrong ;) I have lots of plans that can not been seen yet.. Such as breathing leds and Fancontroller inside the case etc.

Im aiming to proceed every day.

4. soxism

soxism What's a Dremel?

Loving all these ITX builds coming out, Sketch looks great.. Got any plans for HHD Cages or alike?

5. Deaam

Deaam What's a Dremel?

Nice to see you like this ;)

Since i use only SSD-drive, i wil attach it somewhere in the end.. In the bottom section or outside at back, anyways it will get nice place to stay :)

6. KrunchR

KrunchR What's a Dremel?

Cool start.

7. Piotrek_PL

Piotrek_PL What's a Dremel?

Seems very interesting, though I don't like transparent cases.
    I'm really into small cases just like seemingly ordinary cars with hundreds of horsepower under the hood :)
    Imagine the awesomeness of having tiny case with like 2 titan's and watercooling. For me it's like when someone pulls up in a Ferrari and BAM! you overtake him in your old Opel Astra :D

BTW, I'm going to build a possibly tiny case but for ATX motherboard (made some renders already), maybe yours would give me some new ideas! :)

8. Deaam

Deaam What's a Dremel?

Thank for the interest man!

But.. you got it wrong case will not be transparent, it will be black as shown in 3D pictures ;)

9. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Looks cool, I like small projects also so consider me very interested. :)

10. Deaam

Deaam What's a Dremel?

Im glad this has gain interest :) updates will follow at weekend, stay tuned!

11. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Looks like a pretty well thought-out case! Will follow :dremel:

Breathing led's, hm? Take it you've seen "the SHRINE"?:p If not then d@mn it's a small world ;)

12. Deaam

Deaam What's a Dremel?

Thinking is easy.. Building it is much harder is i've alrady noticed :D

Brething leds, yea. all the green stuff will be illuminated with Breathing led, no blinkin, but breathing effect ;)

And the shrine, first time i hear of it.. :D

I also have an update:

[​IMG]

As you can see, i've attached top panel as well as first part of front panel, the green part you see is the one you see on the 3D model being in between the fan and actual front panel.

Next to do are the fan holes in the front and the hole at top for that custom "grill"

Last edited: 28 Apr 2013
  13. Deaam

Deaam What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Got my new fans today, i think they will look great at the front :)

They also seem to move air pretty well, model is nanoxia DX-12

14. Deaam

Deaam What's a Dremel?

Hello again!

Just informing the followers that project is getting sponsor and the front panel design will change slightly (To much better way, hopefully ;)

Stay tuned!

15. Deaam

Deaam What's a Dremel?

time for update, i've managed to cut the fan holes at the front as well as the top hole for the green "grill"

I think it turned out great, and wil look great when the case will be painted (The green inner ring will stay green, thats why it's there ;) )

[​IMG]

16. Deaam

Deaam What's a Dremel?

Hello!

Havent had updates in a while, since my work has took all the time.

Now i've managed to attach the motherboard, with its tray which has room for the cables at the back.

[​IMG]

The PSU as well as the Radiator are mounted, and as you can see that the PSU block Motherboard connectors.. Well, all the connectors will be rerouted to the back ;)

Next to do is the middle plate, and my plans have changed for it, it will have touchscreen fan controller and some other cool stuff.

17. Deaam

Deaam What's a Dremel?

The bitfenix sponsor stuff arrived today!

I will take closer look at them later, but heres teaser:

[​IMG]

Really cool stuff (Some Green Led strips, recon fan controller, some cables and such.)

18. Concept73

Concept73 Wannabe modder.

an awesome start! i love the size of that psu :p