1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Black Hazard 2 - Its been a while ;)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sc4mpi, 22 Sep 2005.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Don't worry about it. Every mod is a matter of compromises and balancing things out. It is the end result that matters.

2. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

so bloody sexy!

i liek the ay the hdd's look :D so sweet

3. koola

koola Minimodder

Sweet :thumb:

4. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

cheers :clap:

5. bmack

bmack What's a Dremel?

that is some of the nicest plumbing ever, considering all of the stuff you are cooling

6. Big SturL

Big SturL What's a Dremel?

And what have you done to that V1000 of yours? Left it to stand in a dark corner collecting dust?

Hehe, nice WC btw!

7. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

the v1000 is in the loft, seeking some hardware (might be sold) dunno yet :)

8. koola

koola Minimodder

Shame on you Sc4mpi :naughty:

9. Boswell

Boswell Minimodder

question.. you clearly aren't overclocking so why have the ramplex's?
    how do i know because i have the same cpu and its overclocked and i have a bigger rad than you (a lot bigger) and my temps are 39 ish.

10. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

cpu is overclocked a bit to 2530mhz, 230x11 (all it would do on stock volts)

"why have ramplexs" Why not tbh... the ram used to get hot to the touch, but i dont realy want to strap a fan to it. so these were the alternative
    (the more the merryer - that even a word :D )

and temps dont realy mean much for a comparison, due to the diffrent loop configs and diffrent blocks used.

so far the cpu sits at 33-34 idel goes up to about 40 on load. so its not that bad.

11. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

what? so theres a big sign that says "HEY LOOK IM NOT OVERCLOCKING" well he obviously is, why the hell get bh5 lol.... and he is! look up :D

and this is i find VERY funny, "a lot bigger and my temps are 39ish" ok then, how come his temps are within 1 degree, yet his case looks the ****ing sex!

youve got, what, 3 blocks :O WOW temps arent going to be high, sc4mpi on the hand has got 12/13 blocks, yet his temps are near if not LOWER than yours!

OK, much as you feel you have a point to make, can the flaming frodo. He was just asking. --nexxo plus his loop is SEXY, hes got it all of a single rad (120:3), and its cooling well, aswell as the fact that its soooo well plumbed in, so before you go shouting things like "you arent oc'ing" "i got a bigger rad" it doesnt mean **** if his performs the same, if not better than yours while cooling more, cause your gonna get someone like me, who will realise the bloody difference

edit: before you ask, this is where i saw your rig http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=7;action=display;num=1127256050

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Oct 2005
  12. Boswell

Boswell Minimodder

frodo carm down really its only a computer and i only asked a question seriously ah sigh

13. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

HARSH! :duh:

He makes a point though, you loop could perform a lot better should u rethink it :thumb:, if u post it up on the logs, or exteme cooling section theres plenty of people to guide you to getting the max performance out that monster rad of yours :D

14. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

sorry... just dont like seeign a good well thought out project get dissed

i must admit, it could do ALOT better, it just seems like you slapped it all together in the hope that it would just work, plus whats up with the 2x 120mm's on the rad? any reason? or just random?

15. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

personaly i would take the 2 fans off and run that beast passive :) silent cooling is always better than noise

16. Boswell

Boswell Minimodder

The 2 fans are silent fans (pappst) i could do a lot better but theres this thing called college. You can work out why i havn't got time to make it "ALOT better". Still serously carm down.

17. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

and... im in college aswell! still have plenty o' time to mod, im calm, i was just saying it in a calm manner.

I find it hard to work between college and after college, but i like a challenge, so i do it anyways

18. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

hello again :)

right after having it all rigged up iv encounterd some rather big problems i need to get solved.

1.The bip tripple is at its max it takes almost 8 mins to pull back down to idel temp
    2. the second problem is there is a lot of hot air accumilating in the case that cant escape. somthing i dint invisige during the planning :( , which means anything that dosnt have a waterblock will heat up drasticly aka the psu.

the old plan

[​IMG]

basicly

(intake) 3x120mm 1x120mm = 60cfm (aprox) 3x60cfm = 180cfm

(exaust) 2x80mm 1x80m = 30cfm (aprox) 2x30 = 60cfm

that kinda sums it up, there is less than half the hot air being vented from the case,

so i got my tapemesure out and started thinking a way around the problem and this is what iv come up with

the new plan

[​IMG]

if the res is moved to a bay mount with a fill pipe or some sort hidden behind the mobo tray to allow filling whilst case if vertical and the dvd-rw is put into a external caddy (i hardly every use it :S)

then there is enought room to fit a bip dual 120mm up there with 2 vantec stealths and a aquacomputer dual 120mm grill.

This would not only add the cooling by alowing the hot air to be exausted out the top (since the rad would be at the opposite end of the loop)

but it would also create a perfect ballence for the air flow

(intake) 3x120mm ,1x120mm = 60cfm (aprox) 3x60cfm = 180cfm

(exaust) 2x80mm + 2x120mm ,1x80m = 30cfm (aprox) ,1x120mm = 60cfm (aprox) 2x30 = 60cfm 2x30cfm+3x60 = 180cfm

so 180cfm in and 180cfm out which to me seems a much better setup :)

sc4mpi out

19. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

20. Boswell

Boswell Minimodder