1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Sorry Scotty, but no. Only the 1046 and 1048 models. But you can shoe-horn a 1250 into an AQ 1048 FMJ. G-gnome did it (but it was not EZ, lots of work). I installed a Innovatek HPPS 12v pump in the 1048 FMJ. Lots of cutting, but I made it fit.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/article/119/5
    Best of luck...

Last edited: 17 Oct 2004
  2. modsquad

Pump Assembly

I had not planned on an update for the pump/FMJ assembly, but it looked so good I could not help myself.
    The Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  3. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Daaayuuuummmm!!! That is what the FMJ should have looked like from the begining. O.K., give up the particulars. Who did it and how much did it cost? That looks so good it makes we want one. I just wish I had the room.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

edit: I saw the particulars a page or so back. :blush:

Last edited: 18 Oct 2004
  4. Rody

Rody What's a Dremel?

U be rollin on pumps yo! Very cool i like them.

5. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Thanks mate, will have give making one from scratch a go :)

6. modsquad

Nvidia Geforce 6800Ultra and polished Water Block

I was finally able to get my hands on an Geforce 6800Ultra (eVGA).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So what is the first thing you do with an expensive video card? Take it apart!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also decided to polish the top plate of the Innovatek NV40 water block.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Getting better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And finished. It came out very well. Not quite as good a finish as my chrome Full Metal jacket, but it looks good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

The FMJ looks great. Nice job on polishing the waterblock... When are you going to show us some pics of test fitting for everything?

8. modsquad

PSU and wire harness next.

9. modsquad

Innovatek H20 Block installation

I had some time on my hands (vacation this week) and I installed the Innovatek NV40 water block on my GeForce 6800. The block adds a good deal of weight to the card, will need to fabricate a support bracket for sure!! The pictures...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

That polish looks great! I was contemplating doing that to my Lian Li's interior cages...but I'll leave such great work to pros like you :sigh:

You've really inspired a lot of people here, I'm one of them, I have your log bookmarked for ideas in my project, just hoping I can get a similar budget :hehe:

By the way, I'm glad none of the readers flamed Dan, this is a project log, not a firing squad. GG bit-tech! :thumb:

11. modsquad

I am no metal polishing pro, a matter of fact I had never done I before. I purchased a kit from http://www.caswellplating.com/index.html
    The kit included three polishing compounds and a few different buffing wheels ( for your drill). All you do is sand first (finer and finer grit) then start polishing with the most aggressive compound and then move to the next and finish it up by hand with the third compund. Honestly it was EZ, but time consuming. Give it a go...

12. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Although neither chrome nor mirror finishes are really my thing (or nvidia :hehe: ), those look great :)

But isn't the dual-PCI plate thing enough support? I've got a zalman heatpipe thinger on my all-in-wonder which uses a single support and that's not falling off *knock on wood*

13. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Check this out!

Your Aquero is less than an hour away from SNT-Systems. Oakland is just a bridge away. Delivery is officially 10/21...T-O-M-O-R-R-O-W. I am going to have Dan FedEx (overnight) my gear so I can "Complete" my project this weekend. :p

14. modsquad

YES.. After four months.. So close I can smell the stuff. I just finished going back/forth with Danny about adding an AquagrATIx800 h20 block to the order for Project Soylent Green (did you check it out..two projects at once)...

15. modsquad

ALL NVIDIA for me.....
    Your correct.The dual plate is great at the back of the card, but the other end is what concerns me. I have an idea floating around in my head for a support that will shore-up the back of the card and add yet another RED LED to the box.. Pictures/Ideas soon.........stay tuned....
    MS

Last edited: 21 Oct 2004
  16. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

Just stumbled accross this project for the first time,
    read it all!
    Wow! :jawdrop: nice job, and I really like the case

You give me the "want to mod again itch" really badly.

17. x3x3non

x3x3non What's a Dremel?

Sweeeeet!

Wow looking great, just wondering though, how much did the chroming cost?

18. modsquad

The Full Metal Jacket is chrome, it was $50US. The Innovatek water block is polished aluminum, did that myself.

19. Dark Wizard

Dark Wizard What's a Dremel?

Finally got to message 418!! Taken me all morning since 4am to get there :duh: :hehe:

MS, I salute you on such patience, attention to detail and perseverance with what, in my humblest of opinions, is really a great modding project. I will be honest in that I am not into the Black&Red thing but yours makes a difference - I actually like looking at it :hehe:

The fact that you are using WC is also what has kept me interested and like others I like the idea of the res being at the top of the case. Your choices in hardware too have been enlightening - with the exception of the Nvidia card but that is a preferetial thing. :D

Honestly, on a scale of 1 to 10, this easily beats a 10 !!! :clap:

I look forward to the finished product.

:dremel: ON DUDE !!

20. modsquad

Small update

Yet another small update. I wanted to get my Eheim 1046 pump back in the case and bolted up in order to install the PSU and working on wiring. I decided I did not like the look of the rubber gromets I had been using under the pump (it looked OK when the FMJ was painted black, but the chrome made them too noticeable). I though about cutting/shortening the pump's mounting shock absorber/bolts with the dremel but I can up with this instead.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The red acrylic looks good under the chrome FMJ and goes with the color scheme. Now I am happy!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That is it for today. Time for a few cold beer's.....