1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. iMod

iMod What's a Dremel?

i had a sunbeam red ccfl and it was pink as could be, but the center was red but the glow it put off was pink , very pink

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yes most have mixed parts, but in just about every case the aluminum is anodized. My P4 is a copper CPU block, nickel plated copper GPU, whatever's in the pump which I would assume to be plastic, a mix of plastic and brass fittings, and a plastic res. AFAIK black ice pro's are also copper (albeit painted) which is my rad at this point.

I more meant mixing Al/Cu, not an only one material setup. I think that NV40 block would also be anodized, so effectively you're not mixing metals which would cause corrosion. In any case, can't go wrong with the innovaprotect

3. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

I still need to purchase a AMD Athlon 64FX-53 or 55 processor, but I have about $4000US invested in the project...

4. eclectik

eclectik What's a Dremel?

Pretty expensive :waah:

5. Firehed

I saw an FX53 on sale at newegg for *only* $600 or so.

6. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Same here.

Again, I suggest the stained glass paint mod. Cured the problem for me right quick :thumb:

7. Chrizzle

Chrizzle What's a Dremel?

I believe the 64-4000+'s are testing faster than FX53's now and they're a lot cheaper.

edit: at least for 939.

8. G4m3R_X3r0

G4m3R_X3r0 What's a Dremel?

dude the mod is turning out so bad ass!! I love how it look, and i really like that window with the red behind it, looks sweet!!

9. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

I second that. :thumb:

Looking good!!

10. modsquad

Just a footnote.
    I ran across this ATA133 cable. Nice black sleeve and VERY flexible! Only 18" (I wish they had a shorter version). I will see if it will work for me. The only other black cables I have seen are those cheap "rubber-type". Coolermaster use to make some nice ones, but I have not seen them in awhile (and no single device models)..
    [​IMG]
    http://www.ioss.com.tw/eg/rd3/
    I also have another cache of parts for the chrome guy.
    [​IMG]
    The optical drive cover is for project SG. I should have the stuff back by week's end.
    MS

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  11. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

You have done a really nice job so far. As I've said before, I can't wait to see the finished product. When we both started out at the same time with our V1000 projects, we were curious to see how different they would come out. Interesting how 2 V1000B's with red themes turn out in their own unique ways :D

Are you planning on OCing your rig once it's done?

12. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

13. modsquad

Your project is very nice as well. I remember when started, we had the only two modded LL v1000 on this forum. Now there seems to be a new one every day (I can't say I blame them the LL v-series are the best looking cases out there). You are correct we both took the same case and ended up with two very different looking machines.
    PS: for sure OCing is I my plans, hell why not........

14. modsquad

I have been emailing back/forth with SNTsystems. I have some Aqua-Computer equipment on it's way to me, but not the black face plate for my Aquaero. I have been waiting over 5 MONTHS for that black face plate. Man, this AC stuff is had to get. I may end up just painting the stock stainless face plate black (it will get covered by a red acrylic panel so it will look OK). My plan is to work around the thing as long as I can.

15. Sverdfisk

Sverdfisk What's a Dremel?

Still modding I see, how long have you been working on this black bauty now? Great work though :rock: :rock:

16. Firehed

In that time you probably could have learned enough german to order it direct!

17. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

If you email them (Aqua COmputer), they will let you buy direct and ship to you wherever you are. :baby:

18. modsquad

Aqua-Computer AquagraFX6800

Just a few preview pictures of the Aqua-Computer AquagraFX6800. The unit is the REV2 with aluminium core. From what I understand AC has stopped production of the REV1 models because of there solid body causing problems with RAM chips on some Nvidia FX6800 cards not coming in contact with the unit.
    So, now all AquagraFX6800's have a spring-loaded core of aluminium or copper (optional). The aluminium core would seem to have some sort of anodized finish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Really nice unit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The only thing I dislike is the units LED front logo. Even if the LED was red, I would not be using it.
    [​IMG]
    I should have my BFG Technologies FX6800Ultra today (the Innovatek NV40 h20 block and it's attached eVGA card was sold to a friend). Another small problem with the AC AquagraFX6800 is it's complete lack of installation instructions (just a bag of bolts). I hope to get the two units together over the weekend..

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  19. modsquad

I started the project log on 6/28/04 and planning/research started about a month before that..

20. modsquad

From what I understand, AC does not accept credit cards only bank transfer payments. Not even sure what is involved in doing that.