1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. Cybertronic

Cybertronic What's a Dremel?

I ws just wondering as the Innovatek innovaProtect has protective propertires :)

2. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Leeum:
    No, I like the satin black fass-O-matic. It will remain..
    Cybertronic:
    Both are Voodoo juice for ones H20 loop. (LEFT) Innovatek (RIGHT) Aqua-Computer.....Who's on FIRST??? NO second base.................
    Innovatek has a NEW product..InnovaProtect PRO..Which lets you use tap-H20....

3. modsquad

No, sorry. They are from frozenCPU.. Only 10/8mm...But keep looking. Some one has to make them...See this is what takes TIME.. Looking for stuff...

4. Jock

Jock Banned

Keep it up m8 :dremel:

I've been watching this thread for weeks :clap:

Good job :D

5. modsquad

H20 Loop Phase 2 (bulkhead fittings)

I worked on the H20 loop again today and decided to use a few more bulkhead compression fittings to keep the loop looking clean.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I may add a piece of red acrylic under the front two bulkhead fittings (we will see).
    The only problem will be drilling the holes. No way to get my drill in the tight quarters of this case..Perfect excuse to purchase a new DeWalt 14.4 Volt Right-Angle drill to replace my (crap) Black/Decker 7.2V...With the right-angle drill, I may not need to remove anything. My only worry is metal shavings in the case, as long as I tape everything off I should be OK. So the DeWalt drill is on it's way ($50 cheaper on the net). I did not get as much work done as I would have liked over my vacation, but that is the way it goes. Just finding the black Tygon was worth the time..
    PS
    Another bonus for the black Tygon. I had a (shadow) problem with the clear Tygon against my laser etched "Devil-Boy"..With the black, no problem at all. I am on a roll!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Until next time..

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  6. endscape

endscape Minimodder

Wow, really great work here mate.

The workmanship here is some of the best I've seen bar none, but the demon on the window really ruins the whole case for me, but that's just personal preferance I guess.

Dont really have anything remotely constructive to say, so keep :dremel: ing and :rock: on.

Endscape

7. Arena_08

Arena_08 What's a Dremel?

I can forgive the demons for the amount of skill and money modsquads got. They're not my personal preference, but as they say, whatever floats your boat.
    keep up the high standard of modding - much respect.

8. modsquad

endscape & Arena_08.
    Thanks, and I respect your view on the etch. The theme for BN is bad ass machine. Skulls and devill-boy fit the bill for me, I think these are two of the coolest laser etches I have seen to date. It's more fun to be bad than good..
    [​IMG]
    By the way the side window will also get a red acrylic cover to match the front. Some day.

9. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

For some reason I get the feeling that this case needs strategically placed spikes... :hehe:
    That would kind of be the opposite of "user friendly" though wouldn't it?

10. modsquad

You know, I have been thinking about barbed-wire on a case (not this one)..Future reference.. :idea:

11. Muon

Muon What's a Dremel?

what if you put spikes instead of dome screws or something? that'd really work nicely, while still being functional, and i think if u had spikes go down the front of the case, it'd be cool ^^

12. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yeah some of those punk spikes might fit the bill well if you were to do it although I don't think they'd go along with the theme that much.

13. Halgy3000

Halgy3000 Minimodder

I believe there is a technical term for this. Ah yes: OOOOOOOOOOOO!

PEACE

14. _lumpy_

_lumpy_ What's a Dremel?

I like the window design, way way way nice :D

15. modsquad

H20 Loop Phase 3 (GPU before CPU)

Firehed had the idea to set up my H20 loop GPU before CPU, but I was hesitant. Nexxo posted, saying it would not be a problem. Then today I noticed a small picture on Aqua-Computer's website (posted by AC) doing the exact same thing.. SOLD..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Firehed was 100% correct, MUCH more clean to look at than my conventional set up.
    I did need to use a elbow coming off the pump (the Tygon could not make the bend without it), but that should not be a problem.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again Firehed & Nexxo..Back to work with week, but I should have my new right-angle drill by week's end. I will get those bulkhead fittings installed and the rest of the H20 loop next weekend (hope).....

16. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

Very Very neat :D
    i hope with you ;)

17. modsquad

Honestly, the credit goes to Firehed. The three bulkhead compression fittings near the front of the V1000 divider plate should look "very cool", but I will still need two runs of Tygon in/out of the reservor. Not sure how that will look. Moving, but moving slow..........

18. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

rome also wasnt build in 1 day
    and very jummy chicks also arent

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

on the subject of spikes some carpet spikes from speaker cabinets might look nice against the black. :naughty:

20. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

aren't those right angles barbs gunna really hit teh flow rate coming outta that pump??

Phil