1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

[​IMG]
    You were saying? :naughty:

Not in those German narrow ID systems, which have been designed along low flow principles.

2. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Glad to see you sorted it out, I was getting a little worryed when i saw that original tangle of tubing :cooldude:

slater..

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Active Member

looks sexy as hell
    Love the black tubing.

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

:blush: :blush:

5. Fibbles

Fibbles New Member

Alphacool.de has them in 8/6mm. Linky: http://www.alphacool.de/perl/shop.p...enu_id=2&prod_id=160&art_kz=164&art_id=16412#

It would mean shipping from Germany, but I ordered a bunch of 8/6 compression fits for my Aqua Computer stuff and a new mount for my NexXxos XP GPU block with pretty low shipping a few months ago. From an estimated 2-4 week delivery time, they arrived a week and a half later.

They also have lots of neat stuff I can't find here (the US) too easily. Things like valves with push fits and extra 1/4" and 1/8" screw caps for the Aquatube and Fass-O-Matic. Another linky: http://www.alphacool.de/perl/shop.p...&rm=show_art&menu_id=2&prod_id=160&art_kz=167

Even more stuff includes ALL the different passive rads. Frozen CPU has the Innovatek passive in 3 sizes, but AlphaCool has 3 different varieties in all sorts of sizes. OK, I'll shut up now... :baby:

6. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

There it is Firehed.. I have ordered from AlphaCool with no problems ( I think it was about a 2 week wait) and I agree, they do have a lot of neat gear...
    Thanks Puggy..

7. Firehed

Yeah, thanks for the link :) I think I need to get a job before I order any more watercooling stuff though (second SNT order last week, still no case though, hopefully in the next newegg order). Curses to me for being a lazyass 17 yr old. I already found something that could let me go with some slightly cheaper blocks for the dual 6800GTs I so desperately crave.

8. Fibbles

Fibbles New Member

I'll be 27 in March and I'm one lazy ass, ass. I've made about 4 or 5 orders from SNT, 1 from Pug @ Wizard Designs, a few from High Speed PC, 2 from AlphaCool, let's not forget eBay... Aargh. What's bad is that I'm out of a job at the moment. I had to make a big change and put off my SLI rig until August or so now. Too many bills to pay and too much water cooling parts I probably won't ever use unless I start switching them out on a monthly rotation.

9. modsquad

I am looking forward to seeing you start your project log.. :thumb:

10. Firehed

If you have a spare $260 for the case I'd be happy to oblige. Unfortunately I don't so at the moment all of the dry hardware's in my "do as many cheesy mods as possible in the shortest amount of time possible and see how it looks" case. Which until I found bit-tech I thought wasn't that bad. Still, I think I put more into an aquatube than into that entire setup (gotta love review sample cases :D)

/edit lol post 2222, nexxo you had better watch out

11. modsquad

We will have to set up a Firehed relief fund for your LL case.. :D
    All kidding aside, I am looking forward to seeing your work!

Last edited: 13 Jan 2005
  12. Firehed

Feel free to send a paypal donation to firehed@1sweetpc.com :)
    Regardless with a bit of luck I may get the case in the next week or two. Ya know, rolling all those quarters lying around. Notably the ones that aren't mine :p
    --
    Hah my pumps finally came with the rest of my watercooling parts coming tomorrow or early next week (USPS shipped weds CA to VT) and I found four PS1 screens at toys r us for $18 each so I got three (one's DOA apparently, I should try and exchange it before any carnage begins but still beats the MSRP of $130 by just a bit). I can feel it. My aquatube is seeing water for the first time... ever (sweet test loop: pump->rad->rad->AT->pump, very useful for cooling the water to room temp quickly) and to my delight the dye I ordered looks awesome. Not to mention some great ideas.
    Just need that case.
    [/randomness+hijack]

Last edited: 15 Jan 2005
  13. MrBean

MrBean Member

Modsquad: I am wondering something now - why don't you move your cdrom to the space you have reserved for the Aquaero, the lowest drive rack......then move both the Aquaero and flowmeter up to where the cdrom is now located.....I think that way you will have a smooth, consistent look inside your case, from the floor upwards....

That way the tubing from the gfx cooler will also be more or less horisontal into the flowmeter panel......

Just an observation....

Br,
    MrBean.

14. modsquad

Can't be done Bean. The LL V1000 will not let you use there aluminum hinged CD bezel in the bottom slot. Never the less, thanks for the idea. I will upload some new pictures tonight. I did some work on the loop and installed my bulkhead fittings.

15. modsquad

H20 Loop Phase 4 (bulkhead fittings installed)

I installed three bulkhead fittings today to help keep the H20 loop looking clean.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My new right-angle drill was the prefect tool for the job. I did not have to remove any hardware in order to drill the holes. After a good cleaning (metal shavings) I plumbed the first tube through the bulkheads.
    [​IMG]
    I think it will work out well. I like the look. Although I may add red acrylic washers under the bulkhead fittings tomorrow (at least see how it would look). I also set up the return tube from the radiator to the reservoir.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And the last few pictures until tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  16. Fahrenheit 541

Fahrenheit 541 New Member

very nice work modsquad, looking forward to seeing more :clap:

17. MrBean

MrBean Member

Ah, no problem......I will revamp mine a little when I tackle the V1000 case I just purchased.......1st to finish the Stacker though :)

Anyway, the bulkhead connectors came nice, they will go a long way of cleaning up tubing routing...and, they look very pro if I may add. Keep it up, it is getting better and better.

MrBean.

18. modsquad

If you don't plan on using LL's spring-loaded CD bezel it's no problem installing the optical drive in the bottom slot. Using a blank 5.25" bay panel to cover (stealth) the CD/DVD will work in that slot. As clean as the CD stealth mod looks, it has been done-to-death. I like LL's CD bezel..I could not be more satisfied with those bulkhead compression fittings. I think they look great, they will make testing the loop more of a problem, but "what's a boy to do"..I only wish I did not need to have a Tygon tube go res--pump coming straight down.. Bean_Stacker and a LL V1000 (the inverted_Bean) did you get the silver or black LL V1000?

19. MrBean

MrBean Member

The black one, exactly the same as yours :) Very nice case, and I see what you mean by the LL CD Drive bezel...very solid, and aesthetically pleasing.....at least when I mod it, I won't have so much thinking to do, as you are leading the way...we just have to copy ;) rofl......just teasing, I will do something special with it, will order some goodies, eg Aquaero, 2 pumps, 2 reservoirs, etc tomorrow.....

MS: Have you considered putting a small draining valve in the lowermost point of your loop......to make draining/maintenance easier? That is something I will incorporate into all my watercooled setups from now on, it is really a must have.

And then something else....the 1st time you fill the system, it is going to be a little difficult, as you need the waterlevel above the pump suction side.....or is you res going to go directly into your pump suction side....that would solve the little problem.....

edit: Eish, I need to read.......saw this after re-reading your reply :)

Br,
    MrBean.

20. modsquad

I have one, but the handle is ugly as hell I need to find/make a new one.
    [​IMG]

Innovatek's InnovaProtect (corrosion protection/heat conductor concentrate) calls for a 3 (water) to 1 (IP) mix ratio. As I have no idea how much H20 the loop holds I will need to fill the system then MT it and measure the amount. No time to make up my red acrylic washers for the bulkhead compression fittings today, or anything else for that matter :sigh:

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008