1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

That is what still needs to get done, there is nothing under there..

2. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

Those red nut/washers are dead sexy. You have a great nack for attention to detail. Very nice. :thumb:

3. modsquad

Thanks, I wish I could change the updated 01/24/05. But when I edit the post (like a did 100 times before) it doesn't seem to work. :wallbash:

4. Tanaban

Tanaban What's a Dremel?

As per usual on this one... NICE. I have no clue how you're not going insaine to get this up and running so you can play with the new hardware.

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I was wondering... that's a pity.

Looks really nice as usual! I'm assuming the pump intake is going to come through that cable hole? Seems like it might just look... not quite right... not going through it's own bulkhead now!

And now I'm wondering what that sheet of acrylic under the red piece is going to end up going to... Not to mention what you're going to do for IDE cables and PSU work to not ruin everything so far. I wouldn't be surprised if you've developed some sort of electrically-conductive acrylic that matches the red nuts and did something crazy with it :thumb:

I'm just hoping you finish your project before I finish mine. I might finally be ordering my case this weekend so I can actually start it! Not to mention my new mobo should be here (again) monday. It pains me knowing it's three miles from my house locked up at Fedex. Mostly because my laptop sucks so much.

Whats with the eblow fitting behind that flow meter plate thing? I thought it fit with the tubing you had without need for anything else...

/testing an edit

Last edited: 30 Jan 2005
  6. modsquad

Yes, still can't change the update-date.. Not sure what the problem could be. Res__to__pump will drop straight down, no bulkhead (don't want pump/prime trouble). As for the sheet of red acrylic, I have a idea to make-up a plate to cover the entire bottom (aka under the divider plate) of the case..Will hide the PSU wiring mess to come. :waah:
    I miss-calucated. My old flow meter set-up would interfere with the Aqua-Computer aquaero VFD, had to re--do.. Not much room in there.
    [​IMG]
    I tried to edit another post I started with the same result..Something is wrong or has changed in the last week since my last post!! HELP>>
    eddie_dane
    mrplow
    mr_tad

Glad to hear (looking forward to seeing) your project log is coming...

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  7. Firehed

They must have diabled your editing because you update this so often!

I like that idea of just covering the PSU mess. I was messing around with modularizing an older PSU today but covering it up is so much more effective (although it's quite a bit better now, I only need one lead!). Will you even be able to see that area with the side panel on anyways? Or is it one of those attention to detail moves?

At least you found out now that it wouldn't fit and not at the last minute when you're ready to fill :)

Just a random question for ya - how does that CD bezel attach in the case? I setup a system for a friend using the prewindowed version of that case and got a second bezel and I had to manually tap a thread in it (since it's normally the bezel between the screw and the case not the case between the screw and the bezel IIRC). I'm assuming I just missed something but I thought I'd ask.

8. modsquad

don't know..But if I can't change from 1/24/05 update to what ever..I am done..I spend alot of MY TIME=$ keeping this project up-to-date. If a post 4 months from now reads 1/24/05, what is the use.Would you read it?? No. no-one will ever see that area of the V1000, it's just my over-top-detail. The LL has no tap for a CD/DVD in the bottom bay. That must be what you are talking about. If I can't up-date this project there is no reason for me to post again. It would be a waste of yours/mine time.......

Last edited: 30 Jan 2005
  9. Franklin

Franklin What's a Dremel?

You're not the only one that lost the option to edit posts Modsquad :waah: me too and last week I got mail from a guy who had the same problem. I have subscribed to you're topic a long time ago so for me that's not a big problem.

10. Tanaban

Tanaban What's a Dremel?

Yeah Im subscribed too so no worries on not keeping up to date here. :D

11. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Hey modsquad I reckon your idea to cover the entire bottom could work out real nice. I've done it myself :naughty: with Xarig AQ SLi albeit in blue, the result is pretty sweet. Obviously I'm not planning to run any wiring underneath.

Keep up the great work, you truly inspired me to have a go myself :rock:

12. woodjamin

woodjamin What's a Dremel?

well first i must say insane work ther modsquad. i actually just started reading this log today and got to page 25 i think and got tired...i saw in one of the earlier pages that you got these hard drive mounting brackets for putting them in a 5.25 inch bay from frozencpu. i have looked all over there website and cannot find them! can you give me a link to them or have they stopped stocking them? and where do you get all your acrylic from again? i saw the link awhile back but there are too many pages to find it again.

13. modsquad

You are correct, I looked and can't locate them. The Innovatek raptorVibe HD coolers are very nice (but $). I have a pair for another project. :thumb:
    Acrylic comes from
    http://www.cuttingedgecasemods.com/windows/windows.htm

14. modsquad

I just checked out your project. Very Nice, Xarig...

15. woodjamin

thanks for the info. do you just order the retangular window kits and just cut up the acrylic? since $$ isnt an object right now where is a good, reliable place to buy those Innovatek raptorVibe HD coolers?
    -slaughterhouse 5 sounds good :thumb: i might order it from amazon today :D
    -i hope i didnt ruin the secretcy of your location :worried:

Last edited: 31 Jan 2005
  16. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

I got 2 from FrozenCPU.com. They cost around $50 each and come in red, blue, black and silver. If you're close to where Frozen is (somwhere in NY state), you can pick them up and not pay shipping. I like them so much that I'm probably not going to bother water cooling my hard drives anymore.

http://www.frozencpu.com/hdc-26.html
    http://www.frozencpu.com/hdc-28.html

I got 1 blue and 1 black, linked above.

17. woodjamin

thanks puggy!

18. modsquad

1/30/05 Another small update

I got around to seting up my Aqua-Computer Aquaero VFD with it's red acrylic cover today. The stock bolts that hold the face plate in place where too short. As luck would have it, the units mounting bolts are the same size only longer (too long I had to cut them down with the Dremel).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What I did over look is that the Aquaero's mounting brackets are not tapped (nut&bolt required). So I will need to remove the DVD drive in order to mount the unit. :duh:
    I also plumbed the downtube from the reservoir to the pump. So, that is (pretty much) what the finished H20 loop will look like.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I may shorten that downtube so it runs straight down, not sure. I have to look at/think about it..Until next time.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  19. modsquad

I have ordered window kits and just sheets (depending on what I needed). They will also cut any basic shape you need, so that is another option. As puggy posted frozenCPU has the Innovatek RaptorVibes and that is where I got mine. They are VERY COOL, you will like them!

20. Firehed

we nnnnneeeeeeeeeeeddddd a shot of that VFD in action! And can't you just tap the threading for the thing anyways instead of messing with taking out the DVD drive (of course, it IS just taking out a drive).

Most/all of those misc wires will end up getting hidden behind that chromed fan grill thing right? Or at least somewhere?

oh, I finally ordered my case! As luck would have it the PSU was out of stock though... And out of sheer stupidity I managed to upgrade myself to dual DVD burners instead of a single DVD burner and a combo drive. Oh well them's the breaks :wallbash: :hehe:

And as luck wouldn't have it the madness can't start next weekend since I'll be freezing my arse off going winter camping. And I need to find somewhere that sells a LL CD bezel preferably that also has that PSU so I don't have to pay $9 shipping for a $10 item since newegg doesn't have them.

Last edited: 31 Jan 2005