1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Thanks. I like it as well. I will try to finish-up the window Sunday, but I won't promise..SuperBowl__=DRUNK........

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Looks awesome as usual! I hope you're not planning to fill the loop with bottled water though... Just got back from winter camping (we were all in shorts and a t-shirt it was so warm!) so no work started on my case :( That window is looking spectacular.

3. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Looking great. Can't wait to see it finished. :rock:

4. modsquad

I would think bottled H20 would be fine. Water cooling guys get nervous about the science of purified H20:
    distillation
    deionization
    reverse osmosis
    Bottom line you want H20 with very low levels of minerals, salts and calcified elements. That is why tap H20 is a no-no...

Last edited: 6 Feb 2005
  5. Firehed

Yeah, I've just heard that bottled isn't much better as far as minerals than tapwater. Distilled is only a buck or so for a gallon and probably a better bet. Still, if bottled doesn't work then just drain it and refill it with something else.

6. modsquad

I never heard that. I would think Big Brother regulates such things (EPA,FDA).

7. Firehed

I would think so too, I just remember reading something like that. Maybe it was on the electrical conductivity and not the purity. Actually, more than likely that was it. However I think some bottled water is straight from the spring (I belive Poland Spring brand is... I *should* know as it's from my state but TBH I'm not sure)

8. modsquad

Yes, bottled spring water or mineral water would be a bad thing. Perhaps even worse that tap water.

9. modsquad

10. angelorus2000

angelorus2000 What's a Dremel?

I love that the tubes go into the floor, with that red acrilic

That window looks good

11. modsquad

Thanks. The laser etch mod (drilling/tapping) was a Kamikaze mission. That etch can't be replaced, if something bad happened (aka acrylic crack) it would have been the END.
    http://www.xport1.com/ laser etched the "devil-boy" (as well as the skulls on my front panel) and as been closed for about 3 months. I am unsure if they will reopen. Shame, they did/do wonderful work. I can only hope they get back on there feet.

12. crimandevil

crimandevil What's a Dremel?

As do I, I was hoping to get soem work done by them since I first read your thread but they've been down for a pretty long time. :(

Anyone know of a similar place that does great work at an easy price?

Your case is looking great and I'm glad to see that the window didn't crack. :)

13. Franklin

Franklin What's a Dremel?

It must have been scary indeed to drill some holes in it. I don't think there are many places where they make etches like that. I know only one shop in the Netherlands where they do it. I'm thinking about getting an etch too. I want to use a drawing I'm gonna make for my project. I saw you used one from Deviant Art. I've had an account there myself a year ago.

I will have to come up with a good idea for that drawing. Drawing it will not be a problem, but all the drawings I have are from birds and flowers. Like this one.

[​IMG]

You're MOD is a great inspiration for me modsquad.

14. -=tHaRgOr=-

-=tHaRgOr=- What's a Dremel?

wow

hi modsquad,

I´m speechless:jawdrop:...this project is amazing. Can´t wait when you finished it.

This is one of the best moded cases I ever seen....you have my respect...

and like Franklin said
    this is for me too.

Goodluck..cu thargor

15. modsquad

The Maltese Falcon (damn,that is a GREAT project name!!).. If my "little mod" was inspiration for your (kick-ass) machine, you have made my day!! That is high praise indeed Franklin, you have one of the TOP-5 projects on this site. Go Forth and Modify....................................................................................

16. modsquad

:blush: I am justa guy with a Dremel. Thanks!!!!

17. Firehed

damn, so close. I need the inverse of that... that's BSP male to NPT female, I need NPT make to BSP female (or just to 8mmOD). SO close...
    ah well, my hacksawed barbs should work well enough. On a random note... I'm stunned how heavy my new PSU is... heavier than my fanless by at least a pound. Even the power cable is heavier guage than any I've seen before. I guess an antec made for servers was a good choice :D

18. Derelict

Derelict What's a Dremel?

Gawd, this project looks too pretty :D Keep up the fantastic work! :rock:

19. mafia11671

mafia11671 What's a Dremel?

Your case is looking great, really clean! I am kinda new to watercooling and was wondering, do you think the hoses would work a little better with the 90d coming out of the GPU block and a straight fitting coming out of the pump? Just thought it would take a little bit of the bend out of the hose.
    Looking great, keep up the good work!.... :eeek:

mafia

20. Uber_K

Uber_K What's a Dremel?

Holy crap... that's a lot of pages! Very good looking mod, by the way. A very clean, professional look, I like it. Keep it up.