1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Sharka never replied to my queries regarding AC, but I have ordered small stuff from them in the past (misc water cooling junk like barbs, etc). They are pretty good, shipping is decent (not great) but I'm sure you'll get your stuff from them faster than if you ordered from SNT.

True, you can order from Franz from IT-Trade, but it is a hassle going through the process (not speaking/reading German, special shipping arrangements, currency conversion, etc). Yes, Franz's prices are a lot cheaper than others but again, the hassle of going through it all may be too much for ordinary US consumers that just want to order their stuff on a website and receive it quickly.

2. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Puggy, SNTsystems being the only US dealer of Aqua-Computer gear has a monopoly. Yes you could order from overseas, but that is a drag. I have looked high/low and every overseas dealer only accpets PayPal which I hate. IT-trade will take a credit card, but MUST ship to your billing address. That is also a problem for me. So, I would need to wire the money overseas (a drag).
    I also have spent lots of $$$$ with SNT. It is all but impossible to put together an order with "in-stock" items from there store. I never said I did not get what I ordered from SNT. BUT, who wants to wait 3-4 months to get what you paid for? Not me, anyway..
    If you enjoy doing business with SNTsystems, that is great. God Bless you and SNTsystems.. As for AlphaCool. That is EZ. The AplhaCool website. They will take your credit card, everything is in English and they have a large inventory and will ship anywhere you want. I ordered a few times, about 3 weeks to get your gear..That is not bad.

Last edited: 14 Apr 2005
  3. modsquad

Very well said mj007. I did get a email reply from Wes at Sharka. No real information, only confirmation that he will indeed stock Aqua-Computer stuff in the near future. The key word (for me) is stock..

4. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Inventory is a good thing!

I believe the items could arrive any day now. He did not mention a specific date but did say the items had cleared customs and were on their way. So, I would not be surprised if they aren't there by the end of the week. It may take him a minute to get it up on his site but, I confident we will be able to order soon. :D

5. modsquad

Wonderful :thumb:

6. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

Maybe you should have asked around a bit then? How do you think Sharka got into Aqua Computer? Some one told them what they were experiencing and got them to look into it, which they just happened to like, so they decided to import. I myself asked another retailer to do just that, and he is now looking into it. If SNT had a monopoly, in the sense I'm using/thinking of, wouldn't they try to block anyone else form bringing AC gear into the US? they aren't, and they have no intention of blocking anything.

I am sorry you had a terrible experience. The last thing I bought, a 6800 mounting screen for my Twinplex, was instock and arrived a few days after I bought it. When I wanted it, before I paid, I asked the owner if it was indeed instock, and available for delivery. There has been a lot of stuff I have wanted, but didn't want to pay now and end up waiting who knows how long for it to arrive.

7. modsquad

As of today, the only place in America to purchase Aqua-Computer gear is SNT. Call it what you like but to me, that is a monopoly. All things change, and it seems we may have other AC options soon. I never meant to imply SNT would block AC sales in the US, we both know he could never do that even if he wanted to.
    If I only had one "terrible" experience I would give Dan the benefit of the doubt. BUT, every order I placed has been backordered and taken months to fill. It seems they have very little in stock.
    I did not post the information about Sharka to blast SNTsystems. I wish Danny all the best. Bottom line, I am not happy with the service he provides. I am hopeful Sharka will do a better job. If not, I will come back to SNT. Choices, my friend. That is the reason for my orginal post.

8. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

Oh, I know you didn't post them to blast anyone/anything, I didn't take it as such. I suppose from hearing 'monopoly' and 'Microsoft' all the time and together, I'm assuming something hostile is about to come plowing around the corner. I haven't had a 'terrible' experience, but that doesn't mean that I'm sitting here with all of the gear I have ever wanted circling me, I don't have quite a lot of what I want.

I only know what I have experienced from Sharka. Which is them not responding to my inquieries. They might be too busy, maybe they lost my emails due to a crash and can't get in touch with me. All I know is that they haven't responded :confused:

9. modsquad

Fair enough. I emailed Sharka twice, once a week ago and got a quick response and again late last night, no reply as of yet..

10. crimandevil

crimandevil What's a Dremel?

So I take it Sharka hasn't stock any AC stuff yet, I thought it was annouced awhile back that they were going to start stocking them soon?

11. modsquad

No, nothing yet. Soon I guess. ShoNuff said perhaps this week!

12. Fibbles

Fibbles What's a Dremel?

I was told there is a shipment comming in this week. Another one will be comming in 2 weeks, so if you want anything, you can let them know now, and they should be able to secure it for you for the next swhipment. Also, there will probably be up to 2 shipments comming in every month, so it won't be hard to get anything at all.

Lastly, the best thing to do is not email, but to instead, call the company and speak to Wes directly.

Tel: (714) 375-0275

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

It sure won't. I'm really doing it so people can get the gear than to make a lot of profit. It sounds like the reseller prices aren't much lower than consumer ones, although I can't get a reseller login at IT-Trade until I have the paperwork to prove I'm an actual business.

I do hope the SNT stuff comes in soon though. According to the DHL site it's still at customs and I'm really hoping the reason there's nothing on the SNT site/forum is because it did come in and dan's madly filling backorders and the DHL site is off.

14. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

Well thought i would post in a quick note here as i have experienced the same problem with shipments taking a long time eg( have been waiting 2 months now for parts for a customers comp) needless to say customer not happy.

So because of this i am also putting together a new site and will be a aqua-computer dealer but here in Canada so anyone looking checking things out from canada might be interested in This.

Also nice to see how the build is coming along :dremel:

15. modsquad

Yes. If the DHL site is correct, there is some sort of Customs problem. Generally, when Dan is silent, it's not a good thing. I don't think Dan uses a Customs Broker, he handles it himself (that may be the problem) when you have 90lbs of stuff entering the country (I would think) there are papers to file and tariff's to deal with. If he got his/our shipment he would have posted something on his forum. I think we are now looking at late next week at best.

Last edited: 15 Apr 2005
  16. sntmods

sntmods What's a Dremel?

Good News...

DHL actually has their own broker service but they always need outside help, either from myself or Franz since the documents that are included with the numerous packages are all in German.

Copied from the DHL webby:
    4/16/05 8:12 am Clearance processing complete. Cincinnati Hub, OH

And I just got off the phone with my DHL rep and I was told that the packages will be delivered to me on Monday by noon (or heads will roll). This gives me some time to get some items out the same day for the standard 2 day delivery.

I'm already setup and very prepared to begin packaging immediately after checking in inventory. There is even help this time around. :D

For those who have stuck by me through all the hardships my greatest thanks go out to you. For those that will find business elsewhere I still thank you for your time and patience and I completely understand.

-Dan

17. modsquad

Thanks for the information Dan. If your shipment shows up Monday, it will be (3) months "to the day" since your last consignment from Aqua-Computer. This is my problem with SNT. I don't want to order and wait three months for my stuff. If you can avoid this predicament in the future, I will gladly continue my patronage of SNTsystems. I am relieved you understand I need to explore other options for quicker turnaround times for AC equipment. I honestly hope you can improve your service and reduce those backorders. As I stated in previous posts I wish you all the best.. :thumb:

Last edited: 17 Apr 2005
  18. modsquad

Preupdate

I installed the Aqua-Computer Aquaero VFD today. One one small problem, but more on that later. I will upload the 10MB's of new pictures and update Sunday..
    preview pic::
    [​IMG]
    Until then..

Last edited: 17 Sep 2008
  19. preatorian

preatorian What's a Dremel?

great choice of material, will go great with the case

20. Flammenmeer

Flammenmeer What's a Dremel?

I am simply astounded by your work. I've been floating around Bit-tech for some time, but I felt that I should finally register and give congrats to where it's due ;). Well done on a great mod. :)