1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

? this is the last picture I have seen of your project's face-plate.
    [​IMG]
    Look's all-but-stock to me. Not sure what U mean "fit-it". Your front panel is a open book, any-mod will "fit-in".. :dremel:
    PS: 1000th Post.........

Last edited: 12 Mar 2009
  2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

lol, your thousanth post has a pic of my case
    yep, the front is quite stock, I had merely meant that I'd have to do it to everything if I were to do it to one thing I'd have to do it for everything. Not that I have a problem with that, I just rather like the stock LL front look to it.

I've also since removed the LCD from the case. Viewing angle was too bad to be really useful, plus the software support wasn't great and the black bezel doesn't match the brushed aluminum at all. I'm hoping to get an Aquaero at some point, but that's still a ways off. I'm also pondering what I can do for the Audigy drive still (right now I'm just using onboard sound anyways, creative's drivers have been a bit too irritating recently) so for all I know I could completely change things around with that. I just know that I want the end product for the front to be very clean and uniform, regardless of how I achieve that.

3. modsquad

That makes sense..I can't believe I have posted 1000 times!! I think you hold the record in that category..

4. Firehed

Nah, Bindi has like 11,000 or something. I'm quite up there in posts per day though. Especially if you figure in registered originally to reply to some news topic, then didn't post again until the fifth installment of Orac3 was coming. That was probably at least four months of 0 PPD... I'd probably have at least 12PPD if that didn't happen (8.66 right now). Recently I swear I've been doing like 20. And half of them have been arguments regarding windows the TheAnimus that equate to a small novel (read: single post fills my entire screen, and I run 1600x1200, I generally do a two-page side-by-side when typing in word, which like 89% zoom)

5. cubik

cubik What's a Dremel?

Read through the whole log and it's looking really nice, given me a lot of inspiration for my v1100b. Keep up the good work dude.

6. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

2 days without an update?
    Need...fix...of...modding...goodness

:worried:

7. modsquad

I update often, but not every two days. I wish I had the time to do that! There may not be an update this wekend either. I have plans to work on Soylent Green's paint job..Than project has not seen an update in a LONG time..

8. modsquad

Not an update but some information on an assortment of push-fit connectors available in the States..
    MSC Direct (do a quick search for "push to connect")..They stock push-fit connectors from:

Legris
    Alpha
    Norgren
    They have over 1000 different fittings, BSPT/BSPP thread in 4/6/8/12mm as well as NPT threaded fittings. They carry about 75% of the Legris catalog (you can search via the legris part#)...But not the G1/8-G1/4 adaptor I was looking for.. :waah:
    Anyway a good source for the odd bulkhead, 45-degree elbow or T-fitting..Happy Hunting.. :thumb:

9. Bilbo Fraggins

Bilbo Fraggins What's a Dremel?

So much detail!!! but good work. I just want to see it done after 84 pages. hehe

10. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Are you looking for the G 1/4 bushing that goes down to a G 1/8 ID?

11. modsquad

I hope to add a Aqua-Computer TubeMeter (when they release it) to my Innovatek Reservoir.
    [​IMG]
    I need a G1/4"(male) to G1/8"(female) bushing..Legris makes them:
    in nickel plated brass (part #0905 10 13)
    brass (part #0168 10 13) I have looked high/low..just can't find them.. :waah:
    Then again, I don't know how helpful the TubeMeter would be in a Innovatek reservoir. Some side by side pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    as you can see the Innovatek is a good 10mm taller than it's Aqua-Computer counterpart. Then add the lost height from using a bushing/adaptor to get the TubeMeter into the Reservoir, the level would be "pretty-low" before the TubeMeter would complain...BUT it should still work..and I hope to try one IF I can find that adaptor..

Last edited: 12 Mar 2009
  12. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I assume you don't need it till the Tubemeter comes in right? Give me a few days to work on it and I can probably dig one up for you to deliver with your Tubemeter. :D Also I believe the Tubemeter will have programmable parameters as to where alarm limits are. BTW, have you UG to the latest firmware and OS for your Aquaero?

13. Firehed

TBH I think it's one of the more "useless" products AC makes. I mean, it's hardly difficult to take half a second and look into the res to at least see if you're out of water. And as long as it's properly closed-loop, you shouldn't lose water.

Anyways, just my thought about it. It has its place, but it's hardly as useful for most people as, say, an Aquaero, and you've got a special situation as it's the Inno res.

14. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] What's a Dremel?

LOL! I am sure it does more than monitor water levels? Well, I hope it does. :hehe:

15. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Well it is supposedly also usable without the Aquaero as well. :D

It has a cool blinking red light! That's something extra!

16. modsquad

That would be GREAT!! Thanks in advance..
    No, I have yet to have this machine running for more than a few hours..Soon..

17. modsquad

I think the TubeMeter is pretty cool. Yet another safe-guard. I can't really see into my reservoir with the red acrylic top, and in the case of a leak (with the side panel on) I may not see than either. The TubeMeter will tell me there is a problem. I also have two LEDs wired to the AC aquaero for the same purpose. I could be wrong, but I think (over time) even in a closed loop, you will lose some H20 to evaporation..But you would probably be ready to change the H20 in the loop by that time anyway...
    safey-first.. :thumb:

18. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Great work MS. Wanted to follow your progress and ask questions later. :thumb:

19. Firehed

In theory closed-loop should always stay at the same level, but over time a tiny bit of water tends to get evaporated thru the tubing, as nothing's completely waterproof. I know when the water heats up and expands a bit, some of the extra air in the res gets pushed out somewhere, because I can pull my T-line's plug and NO water will come out from the light vacuum until I open the res.

But nothing wrong with some extra protection!

I bet if you wanted to and were very careful, you could tap a G1/8 hole in the bottom of the Inno res just for that. Going by the pics there would probably be enough room, and you'd "lose" less height because there wouldn't be the adaptor.

20. modsquad

May not be an update this weekend, I am going to work on Soylent Green's paint once again.
    As for tapping the reservoir..I have the tap, but if Top Nurse can locate that adaptor I need, much EZer fix..

Last edited: 23 Jun 2005