1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Well if AC ever makes it out with the Multi-Switch you could program a sequence of events to react to a loss of water level by adding more water to the system. Perhaps use an electric valve to open up a T-Line? :hip:

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I think that's a bit of a myth. Apparently silicone tubing is a bit porous and susceptible to evaporative effects, but you won't get this in currently used PVC or Tygon tubing. I have had PF-5080 in my system for months now. If anything is prone to leakage or evaporation, that stuff is! However I have measured levels in the res exactly and I have not lost a single drop so far. So I think the risk with water is even less.

The tubemeter is still a great idea though, in case of the system springing a leak.

3. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

That would be "high-tech"..A second reservoir controlled via some-sort of pneumatic function fitting connected to the TubeMeter..

4. modsquad

I did not know you where using PF-5080..Fluorochemical solvent yes?..No problems with the solvent attacking the blocks and tubing? That is VERY COOL. Temps?? I guess I need to check-up with your thread more often.. :thumb: Yet another "first" for Nexxo...

5. modsquad

I don't know how much time I will have this weekend. Soylent Green's paint job will come first. Perhaps just some odds/ends. Speaking of which, I did get another Aqua-Computer APE120 grill for my HD back-cover. As well as a Dremel 545 diamond cutting wheel..
    [​IMG]
    I will be sure and let you know how it performs when cutting the 2mm+ thick stainless steel of the AC grill. :dremel:
    [​IMG]

6. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Looked through most of the pages and I have to see this is a nice looking mod u got going here, keep up the good work and keep updating us :)

EDIt: I remember when I first read about this ages ago , glad to see you're still going with it :rock:

7. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Lucky you. I lose about maybe 10cc over about 6 months or so. Since I can see the top of my reservoir it is easily discernible over time.

8. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

have you got many idea's left in this project as i need some mroe to nick off you lol for my v1000 as man u are suck a big inspiration to me

phil

9. modsquad

I feel BAD that I don't have an update for the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of BN..
    Over the last few weeks I have been working hard on Soylent Green's paint job (that really needs to get finished)..
    I did get a few new Aqua-Computer items in today..I will post a few pictures in the morning.. :thumb:

10. modsquad

Cuplex XT Copper Top

I am sure, by now everyone (interested in Aqua-Computer) has seen the Cuplex XT ::
    [​IMG]
    with its blue acrylic top (blue-ice variant)..
    [​IMG]
    Aqua-Computer also has an optional copper top available for the Cuplex XT's.
    [​IMG]
    A 8mm thick copper plate (actually two of them pictured here)
    [​IMG]
    Not bad, could use some polishing..but not bad..
    And installed:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I am contemplating using one of these in this project, but honestly I still like the look of the "art-deco" Cuplex EVO....

Last edited: 29 Jun 2005
  11. HunterMod

HunterMod What's a Dremel?

great mod, great stuff

12. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

alternately, you can just make a red acrylic top MS ;)

13. Kloop999

Kloop999 What's a Dremel?

You can't use diamond tools on steel, you will destroy the tool... Diamond tools are good for non ferrous materials (the main use is for marble, glass and ceramics)

14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Heh, that could be a bit tough froggy. It's more than just (laser?) cutting acrylic, but I do like the idea.

Shinier than I had imagined, looks better than I thought. Was it going to SG?

I think you'll like the performance. My flow rate, if nothign else, is up from the Cuplex Pro. Hard to say with temps because our weather has been crazy the last couple weeks. I can't even turn on my computer right now because it was by the window which was completely open when an almost-hurricane started and soaked everything within three feet of my (very wide) window. Monitor too... But it's like 70f not 90f in the house now, although muggier than before, but a bit more of a normal temp. I really wish I could find my temps... (omg, looks like a nastier storm than what we had will be here soon... I'm not even sure I'll be able to use my laptop as I am now, but I had to turn off my strip outlet for the first time since I got it several months ago)
    but from what I can tell, flow rate is better and load temp seems to be down a couple degrees, and that's when only using one pump. Once I get the dual MAGs installed (if they ever come... I had to send the broken review one back, but the replacement and the one I bought seperately should be in the mail if nothing else) should be good.

hmm... bit of a tangent there, but it's a very nice block. Wherever it ends up, it'll do well.

15. DR_K13

DR_K13 What's a Dremel?

Man those are Nice Bits. :rock:

16. Maximus

Maximus What's a Dremel?

Attempts to speak but nothing comes out :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

The amount of moneys your spending on this is CRAZY, but this is the nicest PC (aside from the Orac 3) that I've lyed my eyes on. Truly Amazing.

I wish I had all that left over water cooling pieces.. :p

17. grumblemarc

grumblemarc What's a Dremel?

I'm just not digging the copper top. With your skills you can make your own red top for it and keep the theme as others have suggested. My XT is staying stock. I kinda like being able to see the insides while it "works". Sort of like a skeleton watch.

One year huh? I hope I don't take as long with mine (no disrespect :D ).

18. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

He got the tops, but it's not going into this project (at least, no plans to yet).

19. modsquad

It's a "to each his own"..Personaly I think the copper top looks GREAt and with a little polishing will look even better. The combo of chrome/stainless/copper makes the block stand out from the crowd..
    1 year and counting....I do need to start using the machine..

Firehed:
    Boy I hope your gear is OK..Yes one is slated for project Soylent Green and the other for a simple air to H20 cooling setup for another fella.
    I do still like the look of my Cuplex EVO.
    [​IMG]
    but it would not be the first time I changed my mind..

20. modsquad

Boy, thats news to me. I know the carbide (542) is not for steel, but the Diamond "points" are for hardened steel and I think the wheel works as well (Dremel does not say "not for steel").....
    Hell, it's only $ lets try:: :dremel:
    Cut an old 3/8" (9mm) allen wrench (case-hardened steel)
    [​IMG]
    about 2-3 minutes to cut and best of all no loss of cutting wheel size...
    They can indeed cut steel.. :thumb: