1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Your on to something LD....Thanks....

2. modsquad

More Eheim Pump Mods

I followed-up on Top Nurse's idea that Aqua-Computer's AquaStream pumps maybe using impellers from Eheim 1048 model pumps.
    An Eheim 1048 replacement impeller and shaft:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I few "side by side" pictures of the Eheim 1048 impeller and the Aqua-Computer AquaStream (green):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GREAT idea TN..This will work.. :thumb:
    But, you know what the AquaStream's impeller blades are still longer than the Eheim 1048 (less than 1mm longer). So, the Aqua-Computer AquaStream impellers are "custom made" for/by Aqua-Computer.
    I really can't complain about this computers temps (I have never seen a CPU temp above 40C under any load), but to complete the experiment I will drain the loop, pull the pump and install the Eheim 1048 inpeller in my 1046 this weekend.
    Until then...

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Mmm, more modding fun. Can't go wrong with some extra flow :D I still can't figure out for the life of me why the AC ones are green though, seems really odd!

4. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Wait...I remember. You didn't use the Aquastream b/c you wanted your pump to run 24/7. Will the "New" standby cable allow you to run the pump 24/7?

5. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Wow. I remember reading this months ago. Looking fantastic and I can't wait to see it all done :rock:

6. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Suggest that you keep the same armature and only exchange the impeller.

7. Big SturL

Big SturL What's a Dremel?

Where did you find this devil of yours btw?
    [​IMG]

8. Firehed

I'm fairly confident that was one of the etches he had done by X-port1 (or whatever, something like that)

9. modsquad

ShoNuff:
    Not sure about the stanby-cable, but adding an AC AquaStream at this point would be difficult..Won't happen (next project :thumb: )
    Top Nurse:
    Yes, I will use the 1048 impeller only. It has to improve the flow rate (I could also pull and "drill-out" the AC flow meter, but not at this point in time)..
    Big SturL:
    Firehed is correct the laser etch came from Xport1. BUT, they seem to be more focused on X-Box mods than laser etches at this time..So, you may not be able to get what you want/need..

10. Big SturL

Uhh, excuse me? :eyebrow: Now I'm confused... :hehe: I was ust wondering where you found the devil character, was it on the web or somewhere else? :)

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

The Devil character was a laser etched window as sold by Xport1. The design was theirs (they also did dragons, trolls and various other images).

12. Big SturL

Aha! Well thank you nexxo :) You're such a sport!

13. modsquad

Flow rate

I finally had some time to drain the loop and replace my Eheim 1046's impeller with the 1048 model..
    The Aqua-Computer Aquaero says my flow rate went from 0.9 l/minute to 1.2 l/minute. Not bad for $12 mod.
    The largest restriction in the loop is the AC flow meter
    one of these:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As U can see, the units inlet (and outlet) can be "drilled-out" to improve H20 flow. I only wish I had looked and seen this before I installed mine. It is nicely tucked away in the 5.25" bay drive and will be a "bear" to remove :waah: ..
    That will have to wait for another day..Is I said when I started this "pump mod", my temps are good. Flow rate is not really an issue, I just wanted to see the results.
    That is about all I had time for today..I did get in some new gear for project SG, I need to take some pictures and update..
    Until next time:

14. Firehed

It seems a bit idiotic of AC to make a flowmeter meant for 6mm ID tubing and not have the holes that big if they can be. Much like thier G1/8 fittings. I'm curious though as to how much drilling it out improves flow, versus using something like the Innovatek one. Best of luck if you do mod the thing.

15. modsquad

That is a good point about AC's G1/8" fittings...I guess with our "small-bore" cooling systems there is no need have a colossal flow rate, but I see no reason to make something more restrictive than need-be.
    O--with my flow rate increase, no CPU temp change. My FX55 is running @ a nice-cool 34C. :brrr:

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Get the Swissflow SF800. It has larger bore, insanely low pressure drop and higher accuracy.

You know it makes sense. :D

17. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

You should have drilled the inlet to a 6mm and then used the outtake as an inlet. This because it is more accurate to use the outake. After that you have to modify a factor in the Aquaero. I agree that the flowmeter is a product that is not AC wordy.

18. modsquad

Thanks for the information Mr.Franklin, by the way your LL V-series mod is looking better with every post....YOU ROCK ON...
    I will get-around to doing the AC flowmeter mod, but it's low on my list..As I have stated before my temps are good (FX55 temp is 33C right now)..I have "bigger fish to fry"..I am trying to help Gordon in his mission to save MotherEath.. HALFLIFE2 kicks ass..! :thumb:
    Honestly, after the cash and man-hours I have invested in this project..It's nice to have some fun with it...

19. Firehed

6800 Ultra + HL2 Cheesecake! To be honest, it's about time to really have some fun with BN :) Not that it's been dragging on, but it's been so long until it was in a working state that it's almost mind-boggling. I could never have top hardware and wait for my project to be semi-near-completion to use it.

20. modsquad

For me, it is all but impossible to use and work on a project until you are very close to finished. It is hard to "hold off" using what will be your quickest computer for months/months, but it's the only way (IMO)..
    HL2: In the Route Kanal..