1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] What's a Dremel?

I never really took my AC flow meter apart. Now I understand why it is such a flow killer. :eeek: Take a look at TN's picture of the inside of the flow meter here. When I first did my comparison I repeated the test many times b/c I thought the results weren’t accurate. Having looked at these pics helps me to understand why the flow is so restricted when using the flow meter pictured above.

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Wow... that's just idiotic. I mean it could be drilled out to at least 10mm by the looks of it. I thought it was just the 180-degree turn, but didn't think it would hurt flow by as much as your results showed. 'tis a bit silly :jawdrop:

3. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Could be that they just thought their's was cuter. But why can't they order them in made correctly or at least have modified them inhouse. At the very least they could have a note that says the device needs immediate modifying to work properly. :sigh:

4. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

FOR_Shame Aqua-Computer..This flow meter issue is looking worse&worse..TN's picture says it all.
    Speaking of flow..I have not sounded off, but it seems the "FLOW" of AC gear to the States as slowed dramatically..I have about $500 worth of special order and backordered items I am waiting for. The Shark said second week of this month. I have been waiting for a Aquaero VFD (as well as other items) for a month now..
    It seems Aqua-Computer gear is HARD to get all-over again..

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

>cough< Swissflow SF800 >cough<... :D

6. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] What's a Dremel?

Now that I have two pumps installed I can adjust my flow rates from 2.4l/m up to 4l/m and it doesn't have that big effect on temps. From one extreme to the other nets about 2-2.5c lower temps. I bet the Aquacomputer engineers came to the conclusion that the output of a Aquastream pump with “X” components producing .5 – 1.5 l/m of flow is enough. :confused:

Switching gears...Sharka...I think we would all agree that things are a LOT better than the old days. This last order was slow as I too was waiting on a bunch of stuff. Everything I requested came in. I'm surprised you didn't get 100% of what you wanted? I would chalk that up to growing pains as the demand for AC gear is at an all time high on this side of the pond as evidenced by the resale market.

Switching gears once again...What did you decide on with respect to a keyboard? I'm seriously thinking about the Deck now that they have a 101 key setup. The Ice model would work perfect w/ black on blue theme. The Fire board would really compliment your work thus far.
    [​IMG]

7. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Nice pic, huh? After I took that pic I called Wes and suggested he cancel his remaining flowmeters and get some from Innovatek. I think that pic will probably kill AC's flowmeter sales in the English reading world. Sayanora baby and good riddens. However, you have to keep in mind what Digmesa normally supplies to: The coffee vending machine trade and it appears that the AC flowmeter is part of this class of devices. The sad part is that if you go to the Digmesa website you will see that they specialize in making short run flowmeters so it appears Aqua Computer is just being cheap. :eyebrow:

I'm suprised that you don't have an Aquaero as five of them came in on the last shipment a few days ago and after they all shipped there was one in stock for a few days. I was going to snag it up for my PC-75, but then I was told it also went out the door. :waah: Didn't you get a notice of shipment from Sharka?

I do know that Sharka placed their order with IT-Trade on July 24th, but they couldn't even get an invoice from Franz for over a week. Then it appears that Franz didn't order the stuff from AC until Sharka's wire transfer was safe inside their bank. And of course by then AC didn't have a lot of the stuff so Wes had to find out what they did have (this appears to also have taken about ten days) and place a revised order. This was also complicated by the fact that their is no longer any IT-Trade, but something called Obendorfer & Partner. New name new bank account...it takes a week to 10 days to transfer funds manually. Sharka used to be able to just do it on the phone and the loot was in Austria within 36 hours. This should be back to normal bank transfers on the next order I hope.

My personal opinion is that the real problem here is IT-Trade. Don't get me wrong as I really like Franz, but he doesn't seems as attentive to his export business as he used to. It took 6 weeks for IT-Trade to get the last Sharka order here from date of purchase order and even then only about 60% of what they wanted showed up. Wes told me that he had originally ordered 20 Aquastream's and only six showed up. Sharka told Franz a long time ago that they wanted like 20 of the RamPlex's and to just get them and send them the bill. Seems like every distributor in the world was able to get them but Sharka.

My suggestion was for Wes to order direct from AC so their aren't any communication problems, but he said he will continue to buy from Franz so unless we get some competition here or things change drastically this is just the way it is for now. :wallbash: Even I am considering ordering from Leftclicks now....

8. Firehed

Well with luck, IT-trade/"Obendorfer & Partner"'s delay was with the name change and things will smooth out at that end. It looks like AC Berlin redid their store, they could also definately pose as a viable option (they even have some of the things IT didn't, like the 80mm grills)

9. modsquad

Well, I hope to hear from Wes on Monday about my backordered stuff. Glad to hear the shipment has arrived..I am in no way complaining..The state of Aqua-Computer gear in the States has improve immensely since the Shark begun stocking the stuff.

10. Firehed

Yep, ol' Dan really just didn't know what he was doing, or didn't care. Like I said, I hope this has been the "one hiccup" for the new AC supply in the states, not like the "well, one month, wait - three months, umm - wtf, it's been six months and it's still backordered?!?!" we had going on before. Of course if I can go find myself an investor or two there could be a second AC supplier in the states soonish.

Well, I got the rest of MY stuff ordered. Hopefully Sharka's page for the APE120 grills is just out-of-date as Top Nurse indicated and I'll have my first non-delayed Aqua Computer order! Not that it has anything to do with BN but I'm on 3hrs sleep and I can't be bothered to find the bookmark for my log :/

11. koola

koola Minimodder

Thank god I live in the UK and have leftclicks :D

Tou could look at this AC supply problem as a sign; put your funds together a bulk buy from either Germany or the UK. Doubt it'll cost that must extra?

As Nexxo said, get a Swissflow SF800 ;)

12. Fahey

Fahey What's a Dremel?

I had some question for you nurse because Ive been watching this project log and think its great how good you are.

I have a TDX and if you look at it I have the water flowing into the bottom one and out the top one and I get around 40c am I don't something wrong?
    What is the smallest and flexible type of tubing thats 1/2ID

13. Firehed

You may wanna ask the same question in extreme cooling... but in short: 1/2" ID 3/4" OD will give you the best bend radius, 5/8" OD will be a bit thinner but will kink easier. A TDX really has a "center" and "side" port, not top and bottom, and the center is the inlet. 40c is pretty decent.

14. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I think your slightly mixed up as this is Modsquad's project. Mine is Feeding Frenzy located elsewhere (see my sig).

7/16" ID will give you the most bang for the buck over 1/2" barbs. Also reverse your inlet and outlet as Firehed mentioned.

15. modsquad

Thanks for clearing that up TN..
    Work has been slow (I have been focusing on SG), but I do have an idea for that red acrylic skirt in the works..Soon..

16. Firehed

Ack, evil little hints! I'd say we need an update, but seeing how frequently/regularly I'm able to update FrozenFire, I shouldn't be a hypocrite.

17. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

It seems like things go pretty fast at first, but as you get to the meat of the issue things slow down a bit. :hehe:

18. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

hey, just a question for my fellow AC users. I bought an AquagratiX800 a while back from sharka as well as some of those brass cube adapter thingers. But it seems that the gpu block's wholes were not tapped far enough, as the cubes only screw in about 2/3 of the way. When holding one of the cubes up against a standard straight fitting, they do infact have a longer threaded piece to screw in. Dunno what to really do. I guess I could get a new piece for my tap and die set, cut the cube's threading down, and re-thread it. It just seems like a horrible hassle for somehing I paid so much for. Really makes me lose a bit of faith in the AC designing, if they can't even make these things the same sizes.

19. modsquad

I tried the adapters in both an AquagraFX6800
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and an AquagratiX800
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the adapters seem to fit both just fine..Not sure what the problem is with yours (bad fitting, cross threaded)..

20. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

thats annoying. yeah, the threading on the little cubes is deffinately not gonna work with my block, i can't even get it to go past the same point as finger tightning will when using a wrench or try to turn them.