1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

RMA the block to Sharka as it is obviously defective.

2. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

True enough. Although for me it's been over a year long journey, getting close..very close.
    I did not accomplish much today (other then drinking numerous beers & playing HL2), I did submit BN for ACRyan's contest: The link to sign-up is in my sig..
    [​IMG]
    Just for :hehe: :hehe: we will see what happens..
    [​IMG]
    Until next time: (as you can see, I still have not taken care of that green MB LED).

3. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Heatshrink time :dremel: I've just done something similar to my NF7-S, I taped over it with insulation tape as the LED's are surface mounted.

4. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

sorry to kinda hijack again. just wanted to post where the other AC junkies and sharka customers will see my post.

I've been trying to get ahold of two Cuplex Evos since the begining of summer. I started emailing sharka a while back asking about pricing for some special order parts from AC, and finally got a positive reply from them saying that they could hold two evo blocks for me. It just always seems to take at least a week for my emails to get answered, leaving me to try to get ahold of them over the phone (long distance from IL, and hard to do seeing as I get off of work at 4-7am my time and like to get some sleep). Kind of bugs me that an email I sent on the 19th, simply asking if my evo blocks came in on this recent shipment I've heard talks about, has still yet to get a good answer. I'm about ready to just sell off my AC parts and just get a full system together from alphacool :(

Last edited: 25 Sep 2005
  5. modsquad

Don't give up on Aqua-Computer Morphine. There gear is the best smallbore H20 equipment on the planet (IMO). As for the Shark, I have been waiting on about $500 worth of special order items for over a month. I have special-ordered AC gear from Wes (the Shark) before, he is slow but steady. AquaFans are in a much (much) better situation than last year when we had no choice but to use another retailer. Last year I waited 6-MONTHS for an Aquaero VFD black face plate..Bottom line is Aqua-Computer gear is worth the wait.. :thumb:
    From what I understand the "slow-down" is on Aqua-Computer's end. I have not experienced the email problems you have with Sharka, so I can't comment on that..Just hang-in there fella..
    No--work this weekend. All play:
    [​IMG]
    and trying to preload DoD, which seems to be stuck on 87%..

Last edited: 26 Sep 2005
  6. modsquad

Indeed..I just have not had the time to take care of it..Soon. I also plan to compile a list of vender-links I have done business with while working on this project (something I spoke about months/months ago) also soon.....

7. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Congrats on your appearance in the A.C. Ryan contest page. What are you going to do with that stuff they want to send you?

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hah, great work. I knew you'd get something out of it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you get the grand prize!

9. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Congrats with the price Modsquad :thumb:

10. modsquad

Thanks for the heads-up fellow-modders..I was not aware that I have some "free-stuff" coming..COOL :brrr:
    I like this contest.. :thumb:

11. modsquad

Odds/Ends:

It's been quite some time since I "popped the hood" on this project.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    There are still many odds/ends that need attention. First off notice the lack of the red acrylic reservoir cover:
    [​IMG]
    It's been removed (for the moment) while playing with the reservoir. The problem is when the H20 in the loop heats up I end up with this:
    [​IMG]
    Condensation is the problem..If I was using a Aqua-Computer AquaTube the answer would be EZ:
    [​IMG]
    But my res is the Innovatek, threaded for G1/4" not AC's G1/8"..Perhaps I can find an adaptor or come up with something.
    I had originally installed the red acrylic skirt with the backing-paper still on one side of the panel. It made for a brighter red, but I was not completely happy. Over the last few weeks I mocked-up any number of variations on the basic theme..Adding an laser etch behind the red acrylic, frosting the red acrylic and some engraving.
    This is what I ended up with:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I ended up doing nothing more than removing the backing paper on the panels. Sometimes less-is-more.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I still need to organize the wire-harness at the top of the case:
    [​IMG]
    as well as the back side of the case:
    [​IMG]
    I do have two of the three red acylic panels ready and waiting for that backside:
    [​IMG]
    Yet another area of att:
    [​IMG]

I need to come up with something to hide those unused USB/firewire port holes..(notice the "running-dust" on the front intake area, I forgot to clean that before shooting the picture)..
    That's about it..
    O-ya..My buddy TN sent me the link to Aqua-Computers' new webstore. Take a look.
    http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/shop-index.htm
    I see new (long promised) products released.. :thumb:
    Another option to add to my "ever-growing" AC collection:
    [​IMG]
    believe it or not ALL that stuff has a home. I have so much back-logged work to do it's not even funny..
    Until next time
    MS

12. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I am at a loss to understand why it would take very long at all to get any Evo 's as they are not in really high demand. Did you get your Evo's? Did you actually order them this summer? I am concerned that a lot of people think lately that Sharka is difficult to get a hold of as small businesses are usually noted for their excellent communications. Not sure what, if anything, this means for us consumers of AC products. I asked Sharka to get me some AC stuff a while back because the other distributor appeared to be untrustworthy. They then decided to be a distributor and things have been going fairly smoothly for several months now.

I have a ton of AC products in my project and really like the stuff, but it is a PITA to get. You can always order directly from AC or one of their other distributors like AC Berlin (Germany) and Leftclicks (England). The new AC webshop is denominated in Dollars and Euro's so it appears they are gearing up to take direct orders from those who don't wish to order from a distributor. Their checkout procedure lets you pick from just about any country in the world for delivery though there seems to be a bug ATM regarding USA shipments. I was assured that this is only a temporary problem as they go through their initial shakedown of the new website.

13. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

I don't know how you feel about it, but I would ask BitchBreaker if he would send you one of his modded Aquajet's for the G 1/4 thread on the Innovatek. I have heard from him on various forums and I kinda like the guy. Even though he says things that tick me off at times he does seem to have principles to which he adheres to and I like that in people. If I ever get FF done I was going to ask him to make me a custom 2 stage alcohol chiller for my Lian-Li snail case. I actually trust him with my money...too bad he got involved with Dan. :sigh:

The USB/Firewire holes are difficult to come up with something aren't they? I have been toying with the idea of using it to mount my third Aquastream controller. How about a beer spigot? :lol:

Your box looks even fuller than my toy box. :eeek:

14. modsquad

Beer spigot would be about right:
    [​IMG]
    You are correct the AC AquaStream's controller would fill that gap and look good while doing so..
    As for the Aqua-Computer EVO..It's still my preferred AC-CPU block. Lots of copper (I think it's 400+grams) and no accelerator plate to get clogged-up..I am getting good temps with a EVO on a AMD FX55 as I type @ you..
    AC Berlin has the EVO FMJ SE:
    [​IMG]
    The Aqua-Computer Cuplex EVO lives on..........just pick your flavor
    standard AC Cuplex EVO FMJ colors: RED & BLUE..but with an airbrush...... :thumb:.....anything under the Rainbow.

15. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Err... Have you really paid for all that aqua-computer-stuff you got? ó.Ò And if so, where do you work to get all that money :D

Case looks nicely finished.

16. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hmm... I don't need to be able to read German to realize that their Aquaero VFD is on sale for 140E...... but I had to check and find out they still won't ship to the states. GAH! AND they have all the tapping stuff I need. Of course the few odd items they've "translated" to english on the site were just freetranslation or equivalent, but oh well, I still can't order direct. But I REALLY want one of those AC Lanyards and product posters.
    And, like, OMG, Twinplex Pro.
    They're just trying to torture me now :/

I think the new paper-less skirt looks much better, far less overpowering. The subtle reflections off of the few shiny things (valves, fittings?) make it that much more interesting to look at.

17. Top Nurse

Top Nurse Minimodder

Firehed:
    McMaster-Carr has all the taps you could ever want in metric, BSPP, and US thread specs. In fact I have to order some 3mm and 4mm taps from them next week along with more nuts and screws. :sigh: In regards to the new AC webshop I think a lot of the stuff is regular translations if you go deeper into the site.

Modsquad:
    :idea:
    BTW, I didn't think beer and cognac went well together. :lol: Seems to me that a beer spigot would be too mundane for BN so how about a cognac spigot that plays some music everytime you open it up? Like "Flight of the Valkyries."

Have you seen any of those SE versions of the Evo up personal? Just wondering if they are colored metal or colored plexi?

Last edited: 2 Oct 2005
  18. modsquad

Beer & Cognac go together OK for me.. :thumb:
    I have not seen AC Berlin's custom ones but I did have a stock Cuplex EVO in blue, one of these:
    [​IMG]
    They are metal (stainless I think)..Powdercoated in blue or red..
    I also came up with an idea for the front USB cover:
    a mounting bracket for the Aqua-Computer Cuplex XT (P4)
    [​IMG]
    can you picture it with some red acrylic behind..
    I ruff-cut the red acrylic panel a few hours ago:
    [​IMG]
    We will have to mock it up and see what we get, but I did tape it on WO the acrylic
    [​IMG]

19. modsquad

Only about 20% of that gear belongs to me. The rest is for four other projects I am working on.. :dremel:

20. modsquad

The weekend flew by and I am sorry to say I did very little, other than continue to use BN on a every-day basis..It's running great..
    I still need to drill/tap the red acrylic for the front USB cover in order to get a better idea of it's look.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I really need to mock this up..
    I am thinking I will need to paint the Aqua-Computer XT bracket black and place the red acrylic infront of it to get a look uniform with the rest of the front-face of this machine..Very small detail, I know..BUT the open holes up front are a (obvious) problem that need to be addressed..
    Any and All ideas for this area are welcome... :thumb:
    Can I get some Feed Back Please... :worried:

Last edited: 18 Oct 2005