1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Black Rain: RIP 2008

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 14 Sep 2006.

?

What to do...

Poll closed 30 Jun 2007.
  1. Finish the machine entirely:

87 vote(s)
    91.6%
  2. Finish the case mods only:

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Just go away:

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. marauder16

marauder16 What's a Dremel?

wow, that looks great :rock:

2. RonaldoR9

RonaldoR9 What's a Dremel?

very nicce =)

I was wondering if you knew or for that matter anyonereadig this that owns a v1000 the height case without the case feet/stand
    thanks

3. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

man this is just getting better and better great work man just classic :rock:

4. customh

customh conflagration.

Beautiful MS, love it, keep it up!!

5. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Thanks one and all.. I think the mesh is the correct-choice for that area of the case. I have to work this weekend, but am off Wed/Thurs. With any luck I will make some progress-then.. Just ordered some needed bolts..
    @ RR9: the LL v1000 (my BN) is about 18" high without it's feet.

6. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

The spike looks amazing, along with the rear mesh, but two questions:

1. is the mesh strong enough to hold such a heavy psu in place without self destruction?
    2. How would the spike set-screw be hidden, if at all? Just pointing it to the bottom?

7. RonaldoR9

RonaldoR9 What's a Dremel?

^^
    the Psu is also supported by a plate at the bottom
    so no worries

8. modsquad

Right on the money and the impaler-spike's set screw just faces down..
    Did I say that bit of chrome was from Eddie Trotta..

9. modsquad

Good and Bad news:

The Bad. I had MUCh less time that I had anticipated over the last two-days to play with the project. Real-world stuff, which should be cleared up by early next-week..hope..
    some work-pictures from my pathetically-short (1) hour session:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this should work out quite-well (IMHO) when all is said and done:
    [​IMG]
    Next update, not before 2/24/07.. Please bear with me..

The GOOD..
    Performance-PCs
    has come on board and agreed to help-out with the project.
    [​IMG]
    and... they will be the first US-retailer for EkWaterBlocks
    first shipment should arrive next-week..
    I love "Fast-Eddie's" H20 blocks.. Having used one (full cover FC-79) in my SG project, I can tell you-- True form and function..This guy from Slovenia is producing a "world-class" product that only a hand-full of people even know about (perhaps that adds to it's allure)..
    That's IT..
    MS

10. blackflag

blackflag I Kill Dremels

Congrats on the sponsor... bet you'll be kept in AC Ryan parts for a good while :) Sucks that we have to wait a week+ for another update but if anyone knows that sometimes other stuff gets in the way of our modding addiction, it's me :naughty: .

I wonder what that backplate would look like if you drilled screw holes through the mesh to mount the aquatubes.... it might tie in the look from the bolts of the PSU.

11. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

Hi moddsquad.
    I haven't been a member of his fantastic comunity for so long and with a project of my own going on (my firs cp build) i haven't really got the time to watch all more or Les fantastic mods on this comunity .

however this project of yours(Black rain) got my attention 2 days ago and one thing led to another so i ended up spending many hoers locking at the 2 other projects of yours :Black Narcissus and soylent green .

And for all its worth coming from a total unknown moder as my self i think u are doing a Fantastic work, your felling for perfectionism and creativity is thast amazing. im at the moment trying to update myself in as meny projects possible between all the working,building, taking care of my child,walking the dog and so on because i know there are meny talented moders here.

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I very much agree with you here. Not only are they cheaper than Danger Den and Aqua-Computer ect. but the workmanship is second to none. I've had my FC18/19 for about 8 months now and nothing has gone wrong. It still looks beautiful, and performs aswell. Two thumbs up :thumb: :thumb:

13. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Well 1 hour is better than nothing!

Oh, Congrats on the sponsor also :thumb:

14. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Congrats for the sponsorship! One hour is better than nothing, but is just an appetizer for us :-] Go on and keep your time, now I must get in touch with Eddie to have an interview :-]

15. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Congrats on the sponsorship. Only one thing: Petra's Tech Shop out of San Jose already stocks EK :lol:

16. modsquad

Thanks for being understanding one and all ! and I have to say thanks again to Hank at Performance-PCs. It's a very-helpful, and gratifying-position to be in. I have a few more "irons in the fire" in this area, and well.. :blush: more-soon (looking very promising)..

@ rig : it would be so-cool if you could do a interview with Fast-Eddie. IMHO, it's a great story. He is a Giant-killer, his little-shop is turning out some of best H20 blocks on our planet.. I would love to see&read that interview !!

@ mj007 : thought about doing just-that. But the view of the Aquatubes from behind the mesh should look cool..thats my plan, anyway..

@ Tap: thanks, heading over to checkout your PL.

@BoD: thanks for the link. The store looks cool. They also carry SilverProp from the "land down-under".. sweet.. :thumb:
    My plan (hope) is to put together a "big-soild" update for 2/26/07.. Please, hang in there until-then..Dealing with some real-world stuff, but making headway..
    MS

17. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Lookin Good MS!

Congrats on your sponsership from performance-pcs. Hanks one of the good ones.

18. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Ok, ms, I'll contact Eddie in short time! I'll send you the interview in english, but I need to translate in italian for all the people who lives here...

19. modsquad

RAM KUhler: (1)

Thanks, rig..That would be Great..Thanks-much.
    Only beer bottles MTing' tonight---BUT..

More-help with my little project.. :blush:

[​IMG]

HighSpeed PC what can I say..Thanks-much!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have an idea (in my-head) to take Innovatek's RAM KUhler to the "next-level".. NOT in fuction, but in form..!!
    R/KU (2) soon: and another "thanks-much" @ HighSpeed PC..!!
    MS

20. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Nice that you have found sponsors for you project. You deserve them! That Ram KUhler ;) looks interesting! :D

Waiting to see what kind of idea you have in you "twisted" mind for that Ram cooler! :hehe:

Tags: