1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: BlackBox (More Painting, 8 Feb)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by identikit, 1 Feb 2008.

1. identikit

identikit Minimodder

She did decide to walk across the motherboard once, but don't worry she's got her own anti-static paw-strap!

(You'd be surprised at how much static is actually required to damage electronics.)

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Those Thermalright heatsinks are huge, i never realized how big they were. Nice work.

3. Qwerm

Qwerm What's a Dremel?

Any updates?

I have a spare bracket for the PSU is you still require one.

4. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Wow, epic thread revival. Erm, at the moment I've pretty much stopped doing anything to it and I'm using as my workstation. I have installed 2 more gigs of RAM and I'm going to shelve plans for a home NAS and just stuff a nice RAID array into the massive case. For the next part though I'm going to more the case into my loft and run the cables down. This is because I've changed the heatsinks to some 2U Akasa jobbies and put smaller/faster fans in. It's very loud. Also the madman that owned the house before decided 1 power socket was good enough for the ideal spot for a TV in the living room. Currently I have PC, monitor, lamp, modem, TV, freeview box, PS3, telephone all plugged into 1 socket. The downstairs power ring is so overstretched it's unbelievable.

I've got to RMA my PCI-e soundcard, Creative, no surprises. It's contacts have become mysteriously corroded. I'll get some pictures before I send it off.

Oh and I've sorted out a different PSU (500W) and a new mounting method so I don't need a bracket, but thanks anyway.

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Loftputer, nice lol! may i suggest you seal the case with silcone sealant and fit some might filters over the fans. Unless you have a loft a conversion, then forget all that. lol!