1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Blacklight Demons (plexi fulltower)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [WP@]WOLVERINE, 11 Dec 2003.

1. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

Man I love it! Your engraving skills are the most extreme I have ever seen! Truly a magnificent job! I really love the logo you made! How did you make it?

And how did you sand those areas marked by red? dud you just juse your hands and sand paper or do you have a tool?
    [​IMG]

Good luck in the campinchip mate! :thumb:

2. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

Just hands and sandpaper and sweat :) The logo was simple i just got a cool looking font (creepygirl) and printed the logo and traced it onto the plexi, took my dremel and went nuts :D

Last edited: 4 Jul 2004
  3. nicke

nicke What's a Dremel?

NICEEEEEE :thumb:

4. badvgood

badvgood What's a Dremel?

WOW Sums it up

Very impressed. Am just throwing some ideas around for my 2nd acrylic case and have been inspired by your work. Thank you.
    I also was going to use the small square blocks from my previous case (the ones that have the female thread in them that hold it together) but then got thinking. The 2 vertical internal strips that the drives etc mount on, on the original case they hade the female thread brass incerts in them. Where did you get more of these brass incerts and was the screws from the original caes long enough for 8mm as the old case would have been 6 & 8mm panels.
    Cant wait to see the finished project.
    BVG

5. [WP@]WOLVERINE

I actually didnt get more brass inserts i stole the ones from my old Sunbeamcase i just cut them out with my dremel and then burned off the bits of plexi that was left, then new holes were drilled and the inserts glued in to place in the new drivecage. As for the brass screws that werent long enough i simply drilled out 2mm into the plexi so that the heads could be screwed in a bit more. This gave a cleaner look as the screwheads werent sticking out anymore.

6. toyomatt84

toyomatt84 What's a Dremel?

Yes, yes that is a great etch. Nice work!

7. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Update time

Ive been working on a new sidepanel and heres some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come as i go along :)

Last edited: 5 Dec 2005
  8. Acid Burn

OMG! that looks amazinng!!! I love all the details! Are you engravindg it with a dremel or do you use laser? If you use a dremel, what do you do to not make the dremel slip?

9. [WP@]WOLVERINE

I use the old fashioned Dremel and a steady hand to dom all my engraving :)

10. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

*thunk*

Ugh... sorry bout that, I fainted when I thought I just heard you say that you did this free hand... hehe... hehe..

ermmm...
    You were kidding, right?

You have incredible vision to come up with these beautiful designs and get them onto the plexi!

Absolutely astounding! I stand in awe!
    :rock: :rock: :thumb: :rock: :rock:

11. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Actually i do all my engraving freehand i usually du a sketch first but since most of my etchings are som big i cant trace them onto the plexi so i have to draw them directly on there. So the dremelwork is follow the lines but the sketch is done freehand

12. Acid Burn

so, how do you fill in the sketch? Have you ever destroyed the entire plexi plate by engraving a little bit wrong? what speeds do you use when you engrave? have you been engraving for long? (haha sorry.. many questions :D)

13. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

... and to add into Acid's plethora of questions... how do you freehand so straight so consistantly?

14. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Had to see how it looked in the dark with som leds :) An if i may say so myself the led sure do the trick :d

[​IMG]

15. [WP@]WOLVERINE

I fill the sketch with a smal grinding bit for the dremel, and yes ive f**ked up plenty of times :D I use the Dremel on the slowest speed setting i can get and i did my first etch about a year ago. Straight lines are abit tricky i try to do them all in one go without stopping but sometimes i have to do sections the trick is just to overlap the line a bit and be Rock Steady with the hands :) it takes alot of time and sweat but its worth it.

16. Soulfly22583

Soulfly22583 What's a Dremel?

First - amazing work with a dremel
    Second - very nice case... overall work is great, lots of attention to detail and fine point work
    Third - The lastest plexi work reminds me of an image youd see in a blackmetal (Dimmu Borgir or Gorgorath (sp?)) band CD case =) Really amazing work.

17. Acid Burn

MUHAHAHHA! Dimmu Borgir is Norwegian :D :D :D (sorry.. had to be a little nationalistic there :p)

[on topic]
    Man that looks amazing when lit! I hope one day that my etching skills will become as good as yours :) Hopefully within the next month so my dragon will look nice :p

18. toyomatt84

toyomatt84 What's a Dremel?

I really do not know the extent of hours put into that window, but it's truly well done. Great Job!!!

19. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Now ive got some more work done on the sidepanel :) Ive been trying out some different textures this time.

Looks kinad nice :)
    [​IMG]

The texture in the inner ring was made by just doing a whole lot of dots with the old dremel, this took alot of time but turned out cool
    [​IMG]

Heres yet anoter way ive tride this time by doing lines
    [​IMG]

Ive been experementing alot on this sidepanel and i havent managed to screw it up yet and i hope i can get it done without doing so :) using different textures is a really good way to make the etching come to life ive never done anyting like this before so i just make stuff up as i go along :) Ill post more pictures when i get some more work done but i have to regain the use of my arm first :D bzzzzzzzzzzz

ps
    its impossible to capture how it actually looks IRL with a camera i can just say that it looks way better than the pics ill try to borrow a better camera and try to take some real candyshots :)

Last edited: 5 Dec 2005
  20. diablito

diablito What's a Dremel?

OMG :jawdrop:

EXTREMLY well done..

you got the heart of a dedicated modder :dremel:

just one quiesting (maybe you allready said it...)

where du you find the templates for the ingravings ? link ?