1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project : Blackmesa HL²

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 24 Feb 2004.

1. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Ya it is pretty big.

2. modderman

modderman What's a Dremel?

Hey, like the case alot. However, I must say that it really hurts every time that you attempt to speed up the rusting process on beautiful metal. LOL, but seriously, you shouldn't do rust throughout the entire case. I'm not saying that you should leave any parts unpainted, however, to provide the proper amount of accent to certain parts it should be painted in a contrasting color. So far, the only contrasting colors will be the case's lighting and the red thing for your resevoir (correct me if i am wrong). Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from with the rust, but alot of your incredible mods will just be missed if you don't do something to make them stand out, for instance, why don't you paint the silver shower hose that goes to the upper exhaust fans black, green, or leave them the original color. This would create an awesome effect - especially the black or green. I mean, I've never played Half Life, but I've seen some screenshots and it seems to be pretty high tech... not all rusted out, although I do see where the theme is coming from.

3. MechWarrior

MechWarrior What's a Dremel?

^^ Its still early in its stages, he just started the wires too. I understand what you are saying but im sure he has a few tricks left to do :)

4. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

looks nice :thumb:

Sorry if this has bene asked before, but how loud are those Enermax 120mm fans? Im thinking about getting one. Is it worth the price?

Keep up the good work!

5. kestrel

kestrel What's a Dremel?

I have one and when you use the speed adjustment inluded with them they can get pretty quiet.

6. Skaal-tel

Skaal-tel What's a Dremel?

I say rust it aaaaalll the way! All of the underground missions in HL are all rusted pipes and walls and radioactive goop.

HL2 is in a distant future... presumable less rusty pipe, more carnivorous city.. but oh well :) I LIKE the rust everywhere!

7. dudeyourmomiscute!

dudeyourmomiscute! What's a Dremel?

i think he got the idea, a blur of rust with signs of the hl2 logo just to give it that weathered aged to perfection look he probably wants. he design after all is supposed to be like his half-life 2 wallpaper. possibly valve itself may want it for display with half-life 2 someday :naughty: nice mod there piloux

8. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

wow 10 pages and only like 5 updates >_< nice work as usual.

9. truechaos99

truechaos99 What's a Dremel?

Amazing... Simply amazing... cant wait for the next update.

-Cameron

10. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

more updatage.. plz................... :waah:

11. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

i wanna rust my computer, ( actually i have a case naturally rusting outside (not intetional) but please give me few tips!!!

awesome work mate :clap: :clap: :clap:

12. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

He already said how he painted it on there...mainly its spray paint, but I think somewhere he changed his methods and now he's using a paintbrush. It's not hard, you just have to find the paint you like. Go to a junkyard, look at the rust on parts, take a picture or two, then study that rust. You can achieve the same thing with some elbow grease.

I mean, any fool can cut a window and sleeve his wiring. It takes work to do something of this caliber. Good luck piloux, it looks great right now. What are your plans for the boxy resevoir? Will it be in the case or on top, and will you paint it or age the glass? I would scuff up the outside and paint the acrylic to look like it was half buried in mud...dark, murky water inside, then the tubes show it to be UV green or blue or something, whatever. Just an idea. :thumb:

13. Madyeti

Madyeti Supermodder & sig shrinking victim

Excellent work so far! I am looking forward to seeing more of this case development! :brrr: ~David

14. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Hey Providence i think im a bit rusty on my rust. :lol: Ok very bad pun. :lol:

15. instant rice

instant rice What's a Dremel?

You can buy plastic electrical conduit at home improvement warehouses with inner diameters of up to 1/2" (12mm or so). Those could easily be painted and rusted and drilled through for the leaking goo effect. Excellent work, piloux.

16. kplonk

kplonk What's a Dremel?

Is the bit, looks sooooooooo real

17. xrain

xrain Minimodder

:D nice mate on the rusting i think you accualy thought about it befor painting, because you put rust where it would rust first (on the bolt fittings) i think you did a great job,
    if you want some realistic bullet holes just take it to ur local shooting range and take a couple cracks at it with your 12 gauge shot gun :D id be more then happy to do it for you.... just hope i wouldent get "too" carried away :naughty:
    "sends back a fews shot up rusty piceses of metal..."
    "my shotgun malfuntioned :worried: "
    good luck great job, and i just think i might use the hl2 theme to give a new look to a much used thing ;)

18. CooLJoE

CooLJoE Minimodder

dang that mod is AWESOME!!!

the rust looks perfect and the hl2 logo is sweet!

:rock: :dremel: :clap: :jawdrop:

19. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

hi everybody :)

well , I must say that's only the beginning of wiring, it is a lot of work to do, don't worry about it I ll give them an old damage aspect that contrast with rust parts

thank you,

these fans are pretty quiet on low speed

:rock: :rock: :D

20. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

I hope the next will be this weekend.... I m very busy this week :duh:

thank you , thats right , to paint rust effect, you have just to buy the paint and make some try to see the best way to do it, may be other method is better than what I did ...

about the reservoir, I m always thinking about differents possibilities but I like the idea to put it inside the case :)