1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project : Blackmesa HL²

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 24 Feb 2004.

1. naelq

naelq What's a Dremel?

2. Skaal-tel

Skaal-tel What's a Dremel?

Hahahah awesome work with the bullet holes! I don't know what the laws are like in your country, but it's illegal to fire guns in residential areas in canada :) you might have wanted to try this one out somewhere a little more secluded! lol

wicked work still. as for replicating the holes manually... perhaps a round pick?

like, for digging? if you know what I mean.

3. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

Here in belgium too :D ...

4. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

5. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

Any concern that the bodyfiller will sink back, showing where it was used instead of remaining smooth and flat?

/edit: it looks quite cool in those uv shots, I didn't know bodyfiller glowed :hehe: btw I have new top 3, orac, ammo case, and definately black mesa, you're an inspiration.

6. The_Sub

The_Sub What's a Dremel?

Though I don't understand a bit of the Poliush language, I looked through the pics on his linked project log. It looks to me like he used some brown colored paint and a paint brush to get the effect you see in his pics.

As to your project... Excelent work thus far! :thumb: This is coming out nicely! Keep it up.

7. Twitch

Twitch What's a Dremel?

Why don't you just bring your right panel to a shooting range to finnish it off righ? Unless you wanna have some fun trying to replicate the bullet holes

8. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

I don't want to use the left panel on the case, it was just for fun and to see how reals bullets holes looks like ;)

9. xrain

xrain Minimodder

.... oh you had megoing there that you were gonna put it on your case :miffed: :waah: it woulda looked cool, with the real deal. o well it looks good anyway even tho its a little dissapointing keep up the good work :p

10. Thorn

Thorn Gaijin Studios

It is bad my english it is painted for models paints brush dry Rawella (colors oranges + small black (number of colors orange = 30, black matt =6). Shows it on pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Paint :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    next paint

Last edited: 25 Mar 2004
  11. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

ok thank you ;) I think I ll try this method on mine, the effect is so cool :thumb:

12. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

the follow of my week end work : I have painted the fanbus and I m always searching for buttons to put on it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made a bezel with a aluminium mesh which will take place in front of the radiator

[​IMG]

this will be paint for tonight :)

13. Thorn

Thorn Gaijin Studios

Very very COOOLLLL :clap: :clap: :clap:

14. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

piloux
    again you have amazed me, ifollowed your work on your last case very closely and i knew this one will be just as good!
    keep up the moddagE!

15. Mr Joshua

Mr Joshua What's a Dremel?

Piloux: Are you planning on colouring the toggle switches?

I realise using the rust you have on the rest of the case may cause some problems if it gets into the switch but you could always try chemically blackening them. If you find a somewhere that sells gun supplies (air rifles etc.) ask them if they sell "gun blue". You dillute it (with water I think) and dip the metal into the solution.

This technique has been used to blacken the wheels on model railway engines with good results. It's worth a try if you dont want the switches to be as shiney.

16. Rexxie

Rexxie What's a Dremel?

Looking good. IMHO, the fanbus pots are a bit long, but that's just a matter of taste :p

17. fillip

fillip What's a Dremel?

I imagine he's gonna shorten the shafts on those pot's when he finds appropriate knobs for them. It's a finishing touch really and i imagine piloux is just trying to get the important stuff done first.

18. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thanks for comments guys :)

nice idea there , I have planned to paint all the metals switch with copper paint .... may be I ll make test with this gun color you said :)

19. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

no I just want to let them like that to hang up my jackets :naughty: :lol:

20. ErictheHank

ErictheHank What's a Dremel?

That mesh bezel looks good but I think the exposed radiator is cool looking by itself. Unfortunately I think it would look best if it were flush with the front but if the case top has been cut already that probably isn't an option. Or even if you just fabricated something to fill the gap between the back of the fanbus and the bottom of the radiator so you don't have the hole. Amazing work so far...I'm sure it will turn out excellent. Maybe you will prove me wrong once that bezel is painted up. :thumb: