1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project : Blackmesa HL²

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 24 Feb 2004.

1. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Is the window cut-out supposed to look it like it was eaten away by acid or something? I think you should put the flame on the cutout and the window to make it look better.

2. lazychook

lazychook What's a Dremel?

looking pretty damm sweet there. just a suggestion for the window, get some cracks and maybe some bullet holes going like the front fan grill. that plus some burns and a few scratches would look so damm good. just dont over do it :D

good job

3. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thanks for comments guys :)

I finally made the window old look with a "heat gun?!?" I don't know how it is called in english... here is the result :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:dremel:

4. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

yup, Heat gunis what it is called.
    Looks great. Got any pics of the whole side? Not just some sections of it.

So, how much more do you have to do on this?

5. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

here is a pic of the whole panel but there is not easy to show the effect on a larger pic... IRL it is much better ;)

[​IMG]

next I plan to do the other panel and when I receive the hardware , I ll make the sleeving of motherboard etc...

6. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

yeah, the smaller pics show off the imperfections a lot more. Too bad everything always looks a lot better in real life. but still looks great from the pics :thumb:

7. YingKo

YingKo What's a Dremel?

If you were to use an actual flame it would make some nice black trails from the blemishes. Could even use a cigarette lighter now that the blemishes are already there to add the blackening. Looks awesome as is but it might so up better from farther away.

YingKo

8. Lord Kordir

Lord Kordir What's a Dremel?

piloux, it must be hard to know how far to take the modding.....knowing whether it looks 'beaten up' enough or not :D , lol. Great work man

9. OneMadPoptart

OneMadPoptart What's a Dremel?

I'm not a huge fan of Half-life, but hot damn thats one hell of a case! What an amazing piece of artistic work. Keep it up :clap:

10. MjG

MjG What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop: Ive just read the whole of this project log, and all i can say is :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent Modding! Keep It Up!

I think its safe to say your up there with the legends e.g zap and g gnome.

Cheers

MjG

11. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

nice mod mate

Lots of hard work with a great out com

12. technomancer

technomancer What's a Dremel?

This is just amazing. I can't wait to see the motherboard sleeve and the aging on the plexi :D

I really like the idea of burning the plexi, especially if you can get it smoky and slightly warped while still being transparent in places.

13. Fluba

Fluba What's a Dremel?

wow... just... wow...

you so have to melt a fan hole in the acrylic side panel... just because... maybe you could make it look ripped out, like a headcrab had jumped thru it or something ;)

14. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

<thread hijack>

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD Sc0rian, you have a MASSIVLY HUGE sig :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

If I were a mod.. I would sooo shrink your sig... and then like put in
    "I ownz youz :eeek:
    *pygo" And then, make it so you can;t change it for like, a year.

oh, and as for the stuff being down.. do you need some hosting??? I am soon coming into a co-located server w/ 10mbit fiber pipe to the net :naughty: on a p4 1.5 w/ 384 megs of pc800 rdram :D In a week or so it should be up. Hopefully by this wednesday. if not, then next week.
    </thread hijack>

15. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

[quote from forum rules]

User Signatures:
    We allow the use of signatures, but in the form of text only. Images have been disabled as, in our oppinion,
    they clutter the forums up, and take up too much space. We reserve the right to edit your signature at any time
    some people have had ridiculously large signatures in the past. We advise the use of the tag to reduce
    the size of the text in your signature, should it be longer than 4 lines.

[/quote from forum rules]

also Bit-tech uses 500-1000gb per month, do you think you could handle that? (refer here for a complete discussion)

16. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

what.. I don't wanna handle that... not with a ten foot pole on my server. My boss would kill me. literally.
    I was offering image hosting ;) only a tid bit too... not like a gig a month or something... I am talking little wee bits... but then again, there is the video on my p3 600 sitting at home right now :rolleyes: It pulled 3 gigs since I put it up. Actual bandwidth to... not just, clicks on the link.

17. technomancer

technomancer What's a Dremel?

Looking good. I pretty much agree with the others that have said it would be a good idea to add a little blackening.

This thing is just amazing :rock:

18. princexxx

princexxx What's a Dremel?

WOW, i just read through the whole thread, and this has definitely progressed. You have a lot of ideas cooped up in that case, its truly brilliant. My favourite part would have to be the watercooling reservoirs, the deconstructed paintwork on the base part is simply brilliant. nice job, very nice.

19. Otto's

Otto's What's a Dremel?

nice window design! I feel interesting in your tanks ..? in your HO2 cooling system. How do they rock?

20. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

I bet you do. :D