1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project :blingGreen(04/03/2005 - MaximumPC's June issue! Rig of the Month!!!)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Tech-Daddy, 21 Apr 2004.

1. Irvine

Irvine What's a Dremel?

:waah: I wish I were that good! :waah: That is uber-sweet, dude! :D :thumb: Love the colors.

2. Muon

Muon What's a Dremel?

pictures of both ^^ i love the LED plexi diffusion effect, so any good close ups of the effect would be appreciated. Do you have any full light shots? How does the case look in the day time?

3. roachm

roachm What's a Dremel?

Its funny how you got an FX53 as a gift and paired it with a gig of good ol' OCZ because I am in a similar situation. My teamate won a 3.2 EE at a LAN Tourny for CS in a raffle. I was in front of him in line and they never gave me my raffle tickets so once he got it he just asked if I wanted to trade my 9800 Pro for it because he felt bad about it. So I did and ended up upgrading my computer because of the CPU like yourself and I too got a gig of OCZ :D

Nice mod by the way ;)

4. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

Thanks!

Nice friend by the way! :thumb:

5. Tech-Daddy

Sorry... stepped out of my mind for the last few weeks... (school and all), but I'm back now! ;)

I'll pull the case by this weekend and take the up close shots. I've posted a few full light shots (flash on), are just refering to "what does it look like when the lights are on"/ambient light kind of shot? I'll see what I can some up with in that way, my first few did not turn out very well. (fingers crossed) .

While I have it out, I"ll try to capture the flickering LED effect. I've got a way to convert .mov to .avi or .mpg, and I hope that it also has a way to edit the movie down.

I think XP has some sort of rudimentary studio in it. I'll check that out.
    Thanks for the interest!
    :thumb:

6. Tech-Daddy

Practice bro! I'm really not "that" good...

Here is a hint. Go find a decent sized company (100 - 150 employees). Go talk to the manager or Director if IT for that company. Ask them if they have *any* non working computers that you could have/take off their hands. Specificly, you need the cases.

Build yourself up a stockpile of different types and materials, and go to town! Practice, learn what works and what does not. You dont need to buy used cases, trust me on that. If you find a company that has backstock that will never be used again, it costs the company money to keep it stored. They want to get rid of it, and it usually goes out to Junk dealers. Just a thought.

That was where 2 of my very first computers came from, the castoffs for the company that I was working for at the time.

Goood hunting!

7. Tech-Daddy

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

Exciting news!!!!
    Those of you in the states need to keep your eyes open for the June issue of MaximumPC!

I have been notified that I won Rig of the Month! Wrapped up pics for it the end of this last week!

I myself, dont fully believe it until I see it in print... but I've been told, and had a ton of email exchanged with the magazine with regards to the pictures!

(happy dance!)
    :thumb:

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Congrats man, really awesome work! I've seen more than one RotM that I honestly thought really sucked, but this one sure doesn't fit into that category :thumb:

9. Tech-Daddy

Thanks Firehed! I'm very excited about this! I've always admired the rigs in the Rig of the Month. Lots of very esteemed mods have passed that way. I can't wait!

Heara are some additional pics I took in the last few weeks, for your viewing pleasure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks and take care!

10. Pitbull

Pitbull What's a Dremel?

Omfg That flames are totaly hot they colors uses .. PWNS :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

11. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

one word: dayam!

I'm liking those spacer things... the work really provides an awesome result! I'm getting tempted to find a way to work them into my current project or maybe a future one.

12. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

I hereby declare you to be the god of UV :D

13. Tech-Daddy

Thanks everyone for the comments!
    I forgot to post up the corresponding flash pics, so here are the best ones...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I call this my "Braveheart" picture... ;)
    [​IMG]

My CD drives need touching up, but that corner is covered by the flames right now. I'm thinking about loading up some serious newspaper around the area and airbrushing the color in, if it will let me, we'll see.

14. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

Wow, it turned out amazing :thumb:
    Great job!

15. ginx

ginx What's a Dremel?

I don't know about that green personally.. But very good work, I do like the blue though, and it sure as hell looks a lotter better than it did stock. ;) I have to say, I do like it at night with all the different colors of lighting and what-not glowing from the inside. It's really nice. That orange is especially nice. Good job on the entire case overall man.

16. Reaps

Reaps What's a Dremel?

I second the above about the green, but if you like it then what the hey :) :clap:

17. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

Very Very nice. Glad to see that you won rig of the month. Bling Bling baby..

18. LightStar

LightStar What's a Dremel?

Woot very nice, nice cpu cooler you have :D

19. Tech-Daddy

Thank you all! Thank you!
    I understand about the green, It was actually the blue that came out wrong. Maybe someday I'll reshoot the outside of the case to get the color I wanted...

but... not right now! ;)

Now... if I may direct your attention to the left stage...
    Bawls Hot Mod of the Month!!!!
    Look about half way down...
    I'm about to just bust!!!!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

20. Tech-Daddy

(subliminal message)
    "Pssssst! .... go check your mailboxes and look at the last page of your June MaximumPC"
    (/subliminal message)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D