1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project BLISS II-COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by daydreamingknight, 1 Feb 2004.

1. Perpetual Notion

Perpetual Notion What's a Dremel?

I don't use the filter that came with the case, anymore. It helps keep the dust rhinos at bay, but not by a great deal. I gave up on it a while back to let the fans behind the front grill shine through.

Can't wait to see more pics.

Perp

2. daydreamingknight

daydreamingknight What's a Dremel?

Well, I got started on the windows. The battery on my cordless drill just went dead so while it recharges I'll post what I have up untill now and see what you guys think..

Here's the top. (Original piece in the background)

[​IMG]

The original clear acrylic has a fan and I wanted to keep that same idea. A few problems presented themselves while doing this. First, my holesaw is a bit buggered so I don't get PERFECT circles. Another is I don't have a template to go by so I eyeballed it all.(no ink in printer to print one out :waah: )

I thought I had it laid out well but when I put the fan grill on I could see that it did not line up with the hole perfectly. I did notice when I did the side panel fan hole that turning the grill around clockwise resulted in it lining up better,(HOW ODD!!) so I may try that with the top fan grill.

So here are a few pics. Got the handles painted and attached also :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just waiting for the battery to recharge and I'll finish them up:)

Take care

DDK

3. daydreamingknight

I got them done!! WOOHOO *dances for joy*

I put them on the case:

[​IMG]

OMG was my first thought. I don't care if every man, woman and child hated this case.. I'M LOVING IT!!!

I didn't want to stick the entire front bezel section on, but I couldn't resist putting up the front plate and acrylic...just to see how the colors will look:

[​IMG]

BACKSIDE:

[​IMG]

I LOVE IT.

Of course the black stealthed drives and rehobus will add more black to the front, the Vantec fan/light controller is stealthed already. The floppy(Mitsumi 7-in-1 USB 2.0 FA404A Internal Memory Card Reader/ Writer + Floppy Disk Drive Combo) is black..and the BARS!!

Once I had the panels on I had to laugh at myself. I wanted the side panel fan to blow on the vid card area...turns out it's closer to the front of the case, not the back!! LOL :wallbash: :D

BUT... what the hell..I'm having alot of fun putting this system together and doing this case. It's all fun. I'm not out to impress anyone, I'm just having fun!!:)

Though the side panel fan hole/grill turned out perfect :thumb:

So what do you guys think of it so far? I love the grey acrylic...it's looking better than I thought it would!! :D

Take care!

DDK

* edit.. yes I did censor something in that one pic:)

4. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

It's looking very nice so far, keep it going. :thumb:

5. Perpetual Notion

Perpetual Notion What's a Dremel?

Excellent! :clap: That's great, dude. Can't wait to see it populated with delicious goodies.

laterz,
    Perp

6. Green Soda

Green Soda What's a Dremel?

Whats with the censorship? Dont tell me Bit-Tech is becoming like CBS now!
    :lol:

7. daydreamingknight

LOL...Just something I didn't notice until after I took the pic, nothing illegal though, just didn't want it showing in the pic.

Thanks for the comments so far guys:)

DDK

8. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

Nice!....wonder WHAT was in that pic :p

9. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

llloking good.

10. richman

richman What's a Dremel?

looking very swish keep up the good work. :dremel:
    Cheers
    Richman

11. ohcyt

ohcyt What's a Dremel?

nice modding, I have about the same case (only mine is a Recom Stealth Black with only one side window), it's a gr8 case but I was wondering if your power button was as crappy as mine? I'll definetely have to make me a new one which will result in me making an all-new front panel... but the button that came on the case is so crappy every once in a while when I press it it gets stuck... =S

anyway very nice case I am really stunned to see the change in appearance with a few mods, really cool =)

mod on!

12. sqaulidhummer

sqaulidhummer What's a Dremel?

nice work , i like it :D

13. daydreamingknight

I'll find out. Yeah they are cheap plastic chrome buttons. I have a vandal resistant switch if something happens to this one. I don't think it really goes with the case though so I hope the stock buttons holds up.

A few mods can really change the look of a case. It may be a premod but I want people to go "Hey that's DDKs premod!!" :D

Just missed the post office closing yesterday so I will picking up the sleeving kit/heatshrink tomorrow. I'm looking forward to giving the PSU a nice sleeve job but a little scared. I have never sleeved an entire PSU. So I'll end this with some questions:

Is it safe to cut off a psu lead if you don't need it?
    If so, do you cut it off inside the PSU housing(for a clean look)? Do you need to "cap" the end of the wires some how?(heatshrink work?)
    Nothing wrong with adding or removing molexs where I want?

For example, my thinking is to have one lead(3 molex) go to the two drives and the rheobus. Another line(3 molex) for two HDs and the Vantec fan/light controller. Somewhere in the I'll need a molex for the 9800 Pro.The floppy is USB powered. I want to measure from the psu to device one, to device two and so on so I have no wires tangled all over and be able to hide them where I can. I think that covers power connections.

Any heplful suggestions? The PSU will probably be the thing that takes me the most time.

Take care guys!

DDK

14. Altron

Altron Minimodder

If you want to make it possible to add new leads, i'd say cut them in the PSU case and put a wiring nut on them, this amkes ti easy to remove the nut and solder on some wires if you add more devices.

There's always the option of cutting the wires very close to the PCB or desoldering them, but then you can't add molex chains.

15. t.n.

t.n. What's a Dremel?

looking good :clap:

16. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

lol

Well I bet you werent trying to censor that pop can.... :hehe:

Anyways, good job on the case so far. :clap:

17. daydreamingknight

Thanks guys:)

I started the sleeving job today. Wow, little tough for the first time doing it. It took me two hours to do ONE line! I have the PSU in for the time being to get measurements(no cover on it) Also had a few mistakes along the way. It would be easier if I had a molex pin remover but I'm getting pretty good with the little screwdriver I have.

I have NO IDEA how I'm going to do the motherboard power connector... I tried and I thought I bent a pin so I moved onto another line..scary..last thing I want to do is mess it up. I tried getting the sleeving OVER the connector but no go..Guess I'll have to figure a way. I decided to stay away from cutting and soldering anything if I can.

I love the look of the chrome sleeving and red heatshrink.:)*plug- from Performance-PCs.com -end plug*:)

I have to head to work but hope to get it done within the next day..wish me luck!

[​IMG]

DDK

Hmm..that cdrw/dvd drive needs some piant... :naughty:

18. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Yeah, throw some paint on that drive! It would match the PSU nicely.

19. ohcyt

ohcyt What's a Dremel?

the sleeving looks nice indeed, it almost looks like G-gnomes silver mesh in see-through aquarium tube :D must be the picture quality tho ^^

I'm jealous the way your top panel comes off, mine is bolted down really tight, if I need to get it off I'll heve to drill the bolts through.... :waah:

mod on :dremel:

20. Providence

Providence What's a Dremel?

Here is an idea with the motherboard connector: first, bend the connector at a right angle to the cable, so it looks like a toothbrush (wires for the handle, plug for the brush). Put electrical tape all around this, as tight as you can. It will make it a bit easier to slip into sleeving.