Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by riekmaharg2, 8 Jul 2010.
nice one I'm curious about the final position use and look at it's position of the angle block.
Sweet effect I hope you're not relying on superglue for a seal on your leds though...
More pics are coming tomorrow, you wont have to wait long
No, I've used a combination of things. The LED's only just fit in the holes, and ive used silicone sealant in the holes, and superglue over the top of the led. I may also add a layer of filler over the top of all that too.
"WTF" alert! THAT's cRAAAzzzy! I love it. You better put the trademark on it! When do you start taking orders.
Damn you beat me to it. I've had that idea for years, just didn't build it yet
That is soooooo original, Love it mate, this is my favourite project on the site, so many amazing ideas!!!
Thanks LooseNeutral , has their ever been a modder who sells parts they have used in their mod?
I know the feeling it happened to me when I was designing this case.
Today I started off by glueing the blocks together and priming them for painting. I'm only painting the back half though:
Here it is after painting:
Its quite cool this paint, its plain silver as usual but then at an angle it gains a sort of mirror effect:
I've left it for 24hr now to try properly before I polish the front half.
In the mean time I've done some more wiring:
Its abit messy but it wont be visible. Heres the other side of the MB tray:
The wires won't actually go through that hole on the right, its just there for now to keep it in place.
this just keeps getting better
Just gave a fast reading to your thread.
I like your design very much and you really get it done.
Where are you doing it?
How do you plan to build and shape those curved corners outside in front and top?
Cheers dream caster
1.Im doing it at my fathers workshop, which he uses to produce products.
2. They will be sandcasted
That block is amazing Kier, that looks the absolute muts when it's lite up...well done, it's all starting to shape up nicely
Heres the completed angle block after some polishing and another layer of paint. There is a little notch in the top of the polished part, which happened while I was polishing but the roof of the case sits on that bit anyway so it wont be visble:
I also got round to doing one of the sides on the bottom of the case:
First I cut out a peice of 10mm aluminium angle using the bandsaw:
I then used a stainless steel brush to roughen the sides:
I then glued one side of the angle to the side peice I made earlier using araldite:
I then repeated the processes to glue the side onto the case floor:
All thats left now is to prime and paint it.
looks sweet, man you're putting a lot of work into it, I know it will come out awesome
Nice work. keep it coming.
It is just beautiful
Thanks everyone , stay tuned tomorrow for the next update.
this is really what you call build from scratch! even the barbs are built from scratch!
You are messing with my curiosity buddy! Moooooar pls!
Separate names with a comma.