1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project - Breazy COMPLETE[sneak peak (new)]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by M_D_K, 3 Jan 2007.

1. cedricb

cedricb What's a Dremel?

look very good already!

2. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

that stud machine is so awesome man!

cant wait to see it finished :D

3. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Update

More has been done everything apart from the HDD cage has been finished and the little suprise is ready too :).

First off needed to finish off the Lid of the case, I had 8 holes in it these are to attach the top section [later on], this will get fixed with some Countersunk pop rivits so out comes the countersinker tool to sort out the holes :D. Its a great tool basicly a straighty windy drill with an attachment on so that you can set the depth of the countersink its also got quite a bit of torque Desuter drill of course as they make the best windy tools :D.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This then creats a nice counersink to your set depth over and over.
    [​IMG]

Well this is what will be pop riveted to the lid of the case :).

[​IMG]

Nice big beefy passive rad, this will remove 160w of heat from your loop completly passivly so is more then enough for this little computer.

Test fit and to check that it looks ok.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Next up was the ears of the lid that needed folding, I did this in a rush while doing another job so didn't get time to take some pics of the process i can show you similar tomorrow if your interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats it for a test fit, fits like a glove as they say it needed a bit of dressing out as the folds weren't quite 90 but thats fine it all goes together.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cant say fairer then that hey :) looks good they were foled to give an inside dimentions of 10mm they, 6mm hole in the middle to fix the top to the case as mentioned before with some m6 countersunk screws which will be the next task.

Another test fit with the rad ontop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well next up was to clamp the lid to the box and drill through with a 3mm pilot hole to get the center and then to open up the holes with a 9.2mm hole to allow for a m6 Avdel, i'll grab more detailed pics tomorrow of the process as im sure alot of you have used avdel squeezers but hey thats too slow :D try using an Avdel gun hehe smacks em in quick as you like, fair few pennys then your average hand squeezers though but good if your putting in lots of avdels.

Once the avdels were in and the case was aligned time to grab the countersinker and whip around the tabs and sort them out before fitting it on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then fix it to the case with the M6 screws :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quick shot of the avdels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Well that settles the top of the case, fits nice and snug. except overlooked one small detail. Now the box has 4 of those tabs on, in each of the 4 corners but in one of the corners there is the PSU which is butted right up against the side now, i forgot about this and got a bit ahead of myself so had to do a bit of repair work.

In the end I had to lop off tab and weld on a brand new one near the back, cut up a piece of 3mm ally 17mm square and postioned it ontto the case and got our expert welder to weld it on quick then finished it off in the same way as the rest of the case

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The hole likes up with the PSU mounts so all is saved, i think the next box will be a hell of alot neater and i'll run a fold along the back of the lid and fix it to the case that way much easier then the tabs.

Thats the case finished except for the HDD rack its been shipped off to the painters to get a once over then to be painted Gloss black to match the TV, will be back in a few days ready for fitting.

If you have any questions so far or want to see a process in more detail I can provide more pictures and examples and comments are always welcome :).

More to come when its back and I've made the HDD racks.

Oh final thought this is whats going in the hole at the front :D
    [​IMG]

Comments, questions & suggestions welcome.

Morgan.

6. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

thats one big mo'trucker of a RAD!

this case is gonna look awesome once done!

7. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Thanks fred :) its getting there.

Come on people so many views so little feedback :).

Morgan.

8. floppyeardbunny

floppyeardbunny What's a Dremel?

love the box so far. i was gonna go to a shop i know that has a similar setup and get some stuff done,nice to see it looks like it will all work out. keep up the mod!

9. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

are you running a mobo with integrated graphics? it looks like that case isnt tall enough for a graphics card.
    it looks great, the cuts are just so straight and amazing.
    if it wasnt going under your tv, i would say to make a platform just big enough for the base of an lcd monitor spaced off of the rad enough to allow good airflow. that, or you could make an aluminum bracket that atteches to the 4 screws on the back side of the monitor and attach this to the back side of the case. that would look completly bad ass

10. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Yeah its a foxcon mobo with onboard gefore 6100 so will do the trick has DVI and VGA plus HD out so is sweet for a HTPC setup :)

11. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Wow this project is coming along really well. That method of making the case, with the sheet of aluminum and then bending it all in is ingenious. Its a perfect way to make a case for my next project. Thanks for the inspiration. ;)

12. haggisathome

haggisathome What's a Dremel?

wow man ... i could do with your skills and toys for my project ... nice work there m8 looking forward to more updates

13. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

this is going very well...you're moving fast! And it looks good as well, so :thumb:

14. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

how long is the case going to be at the painters?

and also, v. important question... what colour is it going!

15. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

week at the painters its in the back of the que and it will be glossy black :).

Case number 2 is being made this week as well :) might superseed this one and i'll have to get rid of proto 1, as the new one is being revised with a neater fixing for the lid to make it look better.

Morgan.

16. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Update :)

Small update :) just to show the progress kind of missed out the construction phase as i've shown it all in Revision 1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well thats the progress so far its all leak tested and have put the motherbaord in but need a 20 > 24 pin ATX adapter to get it running as the PSU doesn't have the 4pin extra to make it upto 24 which is a bummer.

More to come as and when...

comments.

17. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

damn morgan that new top is so much nicer, looks so much cleaner!

really awesome work tbh, cant wait to see it fully functioning all silently!

edit:

btw you dont need to use all 24pins, you can run a 24 pin mobo with a 20 pin psu, i did this for a while when my main psu went kaputt

18. Damouse

Damouse Thats no moon!

sick mod, its coming along awsome.

I like periods. I. Really. Like. Periods. :D

19. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Thats worth a try then :) what does the extra 4pin do then it i can plug the 4pin 12volt plug into the board just don't have the extra 4pins to make it upto a 24pin.

will try without :)

20. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

the exta 4 pins are mainly 12v and ground, just means more grounding wires and whatnot getting to the motherboard, its meant to improve power regulation, but its all LIESSSS LIES I SAY! lol jokes

but yeah, its meant to be helpful, but i never noticed a difference!

so yeah, just run it as 20pin for now and you should be fine! (all the power circuitry on the foxxconn links up anyway, therefore missing 2 grounds and 2 12's wont make a difference. (as theyre all coming from the same circuitry on the powersupply!)

now youve got no excuse not to build it up!