1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Brother PC :: FINISHED 4/17/2004

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by PhatMatt, 15 Nov 2003.

1. MrShake

MrShake What's a Dremel?

if your just using the regular cut-off wheels, then you should get the fiberglass reinforced ones, they last longer, as well, don't try to cut all the way through on the first pass, go a little at a time and don't use to much pressure, you will go through disks slower!

2. RaZoRbLaDe

RaZoRbLaDe What's a Dremel?

Omg!

Omg,

now I know why 3 from my 4 dual inverters don't work anymore. I used an old inverter cable where the red and black wire were the other way round...

That is so sad of sunbeam :(

[ontopic]

Nice progress, nice mod... go on :)!

3. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Hahhh... Very funny. No body wants to, or ever has, gotten 'cute'... why?
    BECAUSE...
    [​IMG]
    SIG P229.

4. bsodmike

bsodmike Banned

ROFL at the bullet, but ouch....your lucky! Love the window that is simply ownage!

5. knoj

knoj What's a Dremel?

Love the ideas you are using on this case.

I myself, have the exact same case, and I have failed to mod it any. Odd isn't it? I wanted to add a window, but I realy don't like the solid wrap around ugly slide on piece.

I do love the huge size of the case though... I'd like one with a screw on panel though. Not enough to buy one... huh...

Dead silence. (in my head)

6. PhatMatt

PhatMatt What's a Dremel?

Powdercoating!

So I sent out the computer to be powdercoated today, I cant wait to see it when it comes back. The outside is gonna be a super high gloss black, and the inside will be black chrome. Its gonna be pimp shizzle.
    Speaking of powdercoating, who here knew you could powdercoat plastic? I sure didnt.
    Anyway, just lettin everyone know whats goin on. I ordered some blue UV reactive wire sleeving, so I'll be posting pics of my powersupply after i finish that. The sleeving is supposed to arrive on the 1st. Maybe the 3rd. Not sure. Anyway, check back around then!

7. diskreet

diskreet What's a Dremel?

You can powdercoat plastic? Cool!
    So how much is the powedercoating setting you back, as ive never heard of any price associated with that. just curious

8. PhatMatt

puttin me back about 250 dollars. 50ish for the black, and the black chrome is expensive since its a 2 shoot. (gotta shoot two colors). then another 50 for the plastic since they've gotta get a UV light to do it.

9. SirShaw

SirShaw What's a Dremel?

:Bumpage:

whats up with the project? Still workin on it?

10. johnwilliams474

johnwilliams474 Banned

you could call it a skin/skull mod

11. PhatMatt

A little over a month later, I finally have an update. Things have been slow with brother PC, but things have definatley taken a turn! I finally got the case back, powdercoated and pretty. The outside is a glossy black, while the inside is black chrome. Looks amazing. One downside though. The powdercoaters painted the front bezel, and in the baking process, melted it. The *******s. So I went ebaying, found another case and sent the front panel back to them and they're painting it for free this time. No baking this time. I'll have pics later tonight hopefully.
    As far as the guts go, parts are starting to fill the insides of the computer. I picked up the AMD FX-51 3200+ (The 64bit chip, incase you didnt know) and the Asus K8V Deluxe motherboard. Coming next is the memory, which will be the Kingston HyperX PC 5000 memory. MMmm, I cant wait. Come back in about 10-12 hours for pics.

12. dudeyourmomiscute!

dudeyourmomiscute! What's a Dremel?

nice job with the trucker girl logo, looks great and I like the old school case; looks like a promising project to complete.

keep up the good work,

Tim

13. SirShaw

SirShaw What's a Dremel?

do we get to see perdy pics of the meltage? :D

14. PhatMatt

oh yea baby, meltage pics are a must.

15. PhatMatt

Sorry about taking so long to update- computers have not liked me lately. Anyway, Brother PC is now working well, and I'm able to update again!

Last post I had mentioned the powdercoating guys melting my front panel, well, here's the pic:
    [​IMG]

I had to buy a whole new computer (well, not new, but another gatway to get that front panel). Fortunatley, the powdercoating guys dropped the charge to paint the front. Yay!
    Onto the rest of the computer:
    Here's a pic of the powdercoating on the inside of the case:
    [​IMG]
    The grey looks awesome up close, the finish on it is amazing.
    with lights on:
    [​IMG]

and a glamour shot of the cover :
    [​IMG]
    I love the way it turned out. I even waxed it! Am I a loser?
    closeup of the girl:
    [​IMG]
    four hours of dremel work definatley paid off. I love the way it turned out.

and finally, the almost finished product:
    [​IMG]

Now I just gotta get the front panel back, which should be sometime this week, watercool it, and then get some new optical drives.

Speaking of watercooling, does anyone know of a waterblock for the AMD 64?

16. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

that looks really badass man love it :)

17. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Love it man I really do. Case turned out WAY better than I thought it would, Good Job. :thumb:

18. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

yeah man, came out very very nice!

What gateway case did you start with? Looks newer than the E4200 series stuff I'm used to seeing at work.

19. Robster

Robster What's a Dremel?

on the water block for the amd 64 i have been having good luck with the swiftech blocks for CPU's nice thing about them to is if you want to go more extereme there peltie kits bolt to the same block.

I am getting -10c temps with a swiftech block with a peltie on one of the comps i built recently.

20. Gladius

Gladius What's a Dremel?

Man thats shiny :eeek: cant believe i missed this from the start, great work and nice choice wif cpu :D i want 1 of them bad.... but i got no moneyz :waah:

:dremel: GO DREMEL!! :dremel: