1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: "Building Better Worlds" by E.E.L. Ambiense - Completed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by E.E.L. Ambiense, 2 Feb 2008.

1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Here's your shot, Cheaps. Not perfect, as the camera picked weird highlights. But it's there. Hope that will suffice! :thumb:

[​IMG]

2. nikeunltd

nikeunltd Epic destruction around machinary

WOO HOOO AN UPDATE!! i love this case. yes there are alot of... colors, but it adds character. sorry about the missing 4 people at work. hope you dont join them.
    good job man!

3. E.E.L. Ambiense

Thanks, bro!

Nah, I ain't goin' anywhere; I'm more valuable as the designer and printer as opposed to sales people. ....Famous last words. :hehe:

4. JAxen

JAxen What's a Dremel?

Wow, it turned out realy amazing! Beutiful work man :thumb:

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

DAYUM! The details on that cut are paper-thin! That is THE sh*t!
    Thanks for the extra pic.:D

6. E.E.L. Ambiense

Thanks, bro!

Hahaha! You're welcome, Cheaps.

7. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Wow!! That window looks titties!! 8D¨ Apart from the cool design, I also like the way those screws turn into discreet details (didn't even notice em at first), but then I though "hey, look how evenly spaced they are.. not too many either, just the right amount and size.. they go great with the case as well!! Man, this guy got style!"
    You can tell that a lot of though and design went into this case! I applaud you!! :clap:

8. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Hey E.E.L. great job on this case! I had just enough free time here at work to check out the last couple pages of your worklog (trying to catch up on others' projects). Lucky for me that included all the beauty shots! :D I definitely need to read through the entire log next break I get, now that I saw the finished piece! Once again, awesome work. Definitely unique! :thumb:

9. E.E.L. Ambiense

Final Update! 56K Warning :(

And now we come to a close.

I want to thank each and every one of you that obsessed over this build constantly, checked in on occasion, or just went "meh" and clicked to the next log. I appreciate it all the same. I want to thank any and all who actually spent the 5 secs to post something too. And I want to thank any and all who (in hindsight) wasted a vote on this build early on during the MoTM competition for February.

It feels good being a part of such a large community of talent and creativity.

And a hearty thanks goes to Bit-Tech staff for working behind the scenes to make things go as smoothly as possible on this forum. Not to mention banning all the little miscreants who don't possess enough sense that you can't post words like "sh*t" and "f$%k".

Round of applause for all of you, Bit-Tech. :clap: :clap: :clap: Ya'll deserve it.

I have spent some time wiping the old Raptor I have in this system and did a nice fresh install of XP Pro up to SP3. I also played a bit with OCing the vidcards, but not much. I'll probably push the CPU back to where I was at before in it's previous existence. But anyways, after some wire-management and some other tuck n' nips, I can finally feel okay with calling the mod and build finished*. And yes, the asterisk is because no mod is ever finished. ;)

Now, bare with me with these pics. I am not a photographer at all, and I apologize if they aren't the best. I tried. I really did. I don't have an SLR camera (why would I? I suck as a photographer!) Sunset is weird, so the colors are weird, not to mention the odd highlights here and there. I apologize again. I actually wanted to get some shots of it in this lot full of rubble and stuff, but there are fences all around it with NO TRESPASSING signs, and the days of a younger EEL hoppin' fences and runnin' from the cops are over....at least for the most part when alcohol isn't involved. But I digress. And I'm rambling. Here we go.

I may give the pics another go, but I'm not sure. Just not confident in my photo skills.

WARNING: LARGE FILES! (Clickable to larger pics...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-------------
    No more updates, so I definitely got nuthin'. :thumb:

10. nikeunltd

nikeunltd Epic destruction around machinary

ahh! IT SOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    T_T!!! GOOD JOB!!!
    i love how your work is on the streets... haha. surround it with cones.

i cant find a picture of the hardware. do you have a shot??

11. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

I must say you pulled off an amazing job with such a diverse palette of color. If I had a company that needed custom computer cases, I would contact you first.

12. yeknom

yeknom What's a Dremel?

Beautiful. All needed to say.

13. MrWizard

MrWizard What's a Dremel?

Don't sell yourself short on the photo-skills man, they look great :thumb:

I'm really happy that we got you out of your shell and prodded you along until you posted some actual logs (instead of those damn teaser photos!!! :nono:) because you really put together some nice shots and nicely detailed updates. The bit-tech community applauds you back! Thanks for entertaining our never ending hunger for pics!

:clap: :rock: :D :dremel:

14. tominated

tominated What's a Dremel?

wow... just wow. how do you come up with ideas like this

15. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Fabulous work! :thumb:

Even though the colors are quite unique they still look really good! Great Job E.L.L.!

16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Beautiful.

This does deserve a front page article!

17. Veg

Veg What's a Dremel?

Whilst I'm a bit too conserative for your colour choice, this is one of the most beautiful builds I have seen. IMO, on the face of it, it looks simple and clean, but I think it takes a lot more work to make something look like that.

I'm also a Praetorian lover, I have the black version of this case and it was the best money I've ever spent on a case. Such an amazing build.

18. Farmboy UK

Farmboy UK Hungry for knowledge

Gorgeous. That is all i have to say

19. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

QFT

absolutely amazing mann

20. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Loved this mod from the start and have to say it turned out just fantastic - well done duder :thumb:

Tags: