Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Spoooon, 19 Mar 2009.
i'll start to watch this from now on^^
keep it going
Didn't get chance to do much tonight so i won't post pictures till tomorrow when i get chance and time to do a lot more, hopefully by tomorrow the front bezel will be nearly completed and most of the side panels will be done and ready to be primed etc
Today i got a bit done, but i didn't get much time ..
Firstly, i got some filer yesterday from halfords, this stuff is amazing its so easy to use and up to now it gives a very good end result and exactly what i want in this mod.. so anyway heres a few pics..
Thats the filer that im use, its upol filler i think its called?
The first layer of the filer going on to the fibre glass filer which was sanded down
While that dried i filed down one of the side panel windows so i have the perfect rectangle
Just trying to decide if i can manage to cut out the bullguard logo on the side or something else, im very undecided atm.
Once the filer had dried i sanded it down
After i had sanded it down i cleaned up all of the dust and started to apply another layer, this time filling up the fan duct so that after sanding the inside it has smooth sides.
Im just waiting for a few things to be ordered so that i can start measuring things up for windows etc.
Next update will be Tuesday but do comment
I love the look of warm sticky stuff all over a nice face
case, keep up the good work!
Will definitely keep an eye on this!
Where do you work by the way? (sorry if this question has been asked and answered by the way, reading after a day's work is not my forte!)
If you mean work as in job, then i work as a computer technician at Clearview Computers
If you mean where i work on the mod then, i shall take some pictures, its very cramped for space at the moment, i work in the garage and mostly outside.
work as in job, sounds alright!
also, always good to see a modder's mod space!
My mod space at the moment is rather embarrassing.. ha!
Today i got my first order, i also got quite a lot achieved today, in my eyes anyway.
Firstly, my order..I needed a few bits and bobs for myself and some arcticlean for work I got this nice stuff
10 metres of u-tubing goodness
Clear and red 3mm acrylic
I did a lot of filing and sanding today to try get the front bezel totally completed but i didn't take many pictures as its a very boring process..ha here is a few by the end of the day.
The hole is looking a lot smoother than before, just needs more sanding still
I then started a bit on the back panel
I think il cut this out
All done, just needs a bit of filing and a finishing touch
I then started on the front panel to get the fan hole in place
I then drew a nice circle
I then cut it out nice and roughly with the old dremel and i got left with this
Still not big enough, needs a lot of filing to make the hole big enough, i also need to sand down the front bezel a lot more and get my hands on some mesh plus lots of cheap LEDs
Its all money which i do not have though...
Il update tomorow, till then gimmie some comments
Sweet! Very nice work.
Those holes around the new fanhole looks really nice. Good work.
Was going to say that too about the holes around the new fan hole, looks excellent keep it up
Im glad it worked out like that, i couldn't fit a 120mm fan there so i had to go for an 80mm and its turned out great with the holes around the tubing
Oh and heres some pictures of my workspace, someone was asking to see
Crap i no
Going to do another big update tomorow, going to try get the side panel window cut and engraved and a few other things
Today i got a bit done, not as much as i would of liked but i had other things to do. Firstly i got the front panel hole finished, i ended up cutting the hole bigger filing and using tubing to make it look nice and tidy!
I then set about trying to get the side window finished, i decided to make it a full side panel window, so i got out the jigsaw...bad idea i slipped like twice and messed it up
so i used the dremel and cut it out properlly.
It took so long to get it cut out smoothly and i used up so many cutting disks..
I then wacked the old tubing on it
Personally i think it looks ALOT better...
I then tried a little teaser with the acrylic behind it
Won't be as dark as that, its got the protective cover on still.
I then made some nice feet, they aren't finished and i didn't really take pictures as i just stuck two cases feet together (there plastic btw)
That's all for now, hopefully it doesn't rain tomorrow and i can get back out and finish off the front bezel and start drilling holes for all the LED's
Separate names with a comma.