1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: C.O.G 12 October | I'M BACK!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Scrappy, 11 Aug 2011.

1. Scrappy

Scrappy Mod in progress!

I know.. I'm working on it :thumb: thanks!

2. Scrappy

Scrappy Mod in progress!

C.O.G | I'M BACK! Update 12 October

First things first guys im sorry i have been away soo long with rubbish weather and working a lot of over time at school and GCSE coursework to do i have been really busy but i finally have some progress for you guys so here goes!

So first thing first... more fans, whcih your probably board of! But here is the cool part.. they are going to be case feet!

[​IMG]
    I think that dismantling 80mm fans could make some cool little feet! with some small rubber or furniture padding they will stop vibrations so nice and quiet ;)

[​IMG]
    Here are two of the 80mm fans before being primed and painted

[​IMG]
    Primed

&

Painted
    [​IMG]

whilst waiting for all the coats to finish drying i found a small friend in my dads back garden...
    [​IMG]

I have two more nanoxia fans from my good old brother Stem83 :thumb:
    [​IMG]

taped up primed and painted orange
    [​IMG]
    first coat of orange!

once again i am going to apologise for missing a few progress pictures, i was rushing because i t was getting dark and started to rain, in the end i didnt get far so i waited til the next morning, so straight on with the cutting, missed marking and starts of cut on this piece of case too, sorry!:duh:

[​IMG]

Tried to get some spark shots!

[​IMG]

kind of not to many pictures at the moment guys sorry! :wallbash:

[​IMG]
    there all cut out!

& now for filing
    [​IMG]
    All done!

[​IMG]
    Bottom panel all marked up and ready to cut :)

[​IMG]

I also need something to fill this hole so how about a nice piece of sheet metal :clap:
    [​IMG]

once again marked and ready to go :thumb:

[​IMG]
    nice & easy does it!

At this point was starting to get dark and had to rush in doors before i cut my fingers off or something :dremel:

a posed peel shot :D
    [​IMG]

Just for the hell of it took a picture of the stuff im using to stick!.. Evo-Stik, liquid metal! it says it's almost weld strength! :rock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as i am taking the pictures myself there isn't a lot of pictures and for this i apologise it is impossible to take a picture of you applying this stuff by yourself :hehe:

here is the messy but finished product
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a bit of fine grit sand paper can fix that mess :)

well that is all for now folks! sorry about lack of pictures, more to come after the weekend, i hope! maybe i can start applying some paint soon! sorry it took me so long to post such a small update!
    Many thanks, Scrappy!

3. Scrappy

Scrappy Mod in progress!

WOW! i epic failed my update! i saved all my images as GIF :(, should have been PNG. doh!

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Just been looking through the whole log, the clours on the fans are wicked. I like the design you've chosen as well, going to be keeping an eye on this one...Nice work dude.

5. Scrappy

Scrappy Mod in progress!

Awesome! Thanks man! I have been keeping an eye on yours and i think they are very nice! lets hope mine come out as nice as yours!:thumb:

Just another quick update I have just found out my Grandad has stripped all of the horrible grey powder coat off the case so now it looks like cutting and painting from here on out! :rock:
    I have also just ordered all of the gear to go inside the case! nothing special but some should be here by friday ;) maybe a teaser update will be required till i get all the parts ;) until then!:clap:

6. Scrappy

Scrappy Mod in progress!

Sorry I have been inactive guys my mod will start up again soon, i am currently sitting my GCSE's at school and here in Britain it hasn't been the greatest weather.. will be modding again soon!

7. Stem83

Stem83 Addicted to modding.

awe thort there was a secret update... i was thinking whens he done that? lol Going to get your switch wired up tomorrow. Just need some nice sleeve for the wires!