1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by oneslowz28, 9 Dec 2009.

1. Shadow703793

Shadow703793 What's a Dremel?

Good work!

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Nice to see ya here, boss.

(He's my boss at TBCS, just for those interested.)

Getting your exposure too, I see.

3. oneslowz28

oneslowz28 What's a Dremel?

Thanks Shadow!

Good to see you here Kayin. I was wondering when you were going to notice this worklog over here.

4. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

That is one heck of a torn up box. I've seen a few packages come from UPS like that. Seen it form Fed Ex too, but not as much. Sorry to hear about the damage, but it means you get a scrap piece to play with when the replacement comes.

5. oneslowz28

There will be an update tomorrow that included actual work. I just need to get the pics ready.

Also want to say thanks to my newest sponsor. Seeed Studio. They have donated a Rainbowduino to control the RGB Leds in the build. THey also donated several other items that will be used on this project. More on them with the update tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Shadow703793

Very cool mod. I hate the game (cause they killed the PC version :cry: ) but love the mod.

7. oneslowz28

Modern Warfare 2 is on PC.

8. razerz

razerz What's a Dremel?

I think he meant that they destroyed the game, even though it was released on the PC as well.

On the mod side, this look interesting, can't say I liked the game, but I am always a fan of camouflaged cases.

9. Shadow703793

Correct! No lean, etc. pretty much killed the game on PC imo. Yes, I know there are cr@cks,etc but the game devs SHOULD have included these on the PC version.

10. oneslowz28

I had some free time to work on the case the other night.

This was the initial tear down session. I plan on painting the interior of the case black so I still need to drill out some rivets and sand everything down. I hope to get to that this weekend.

I once knew a very old and very wise modder. Some would even go as far as to call him a sage ...Ok so maybe he was not old or had not reached sage status yet but Kayin once told me that a mod is not truly yours until you shed blood on it. Well I guess I can call this mod mine now. Warning the following photos are graphic and depict skin filleted off the body.....ok on to the gore . THats what you are all waiting on anyway right?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So here it is the Thermaltake Armor+ in all its glory.

[​IMG]
    The front is missing the right side "door" due to the shipping damage.

[​IMG]
    The back is about on par with other cases except this one has room for 10 PCI cards. It also has 2 sets of water cooling tubing holes.

[​IMG]
    Here is the damage done to the case during shipping. The only thing you can not see is the broken bracket that holds the right door on. Its just a hollow plastic tube so there is not much to see anyway.

[​IMG]
    Removing the side window is a little tricky. Not only is it protected by a lock you also have to push this thumbscrew down to unlatch the panel.

[​IMG]
    And here she is with her window off. Notice the 7 5.25" bays and the removable cage of 5 HDD racks. The 2 racks on the bottom are for adding an additional 2 HDD. They are easily removed by removing 1 thumb screw each.

[​IMG]
    Removing the left side door is made easy by these hinges. All you have to do push in and slide it down.

[​IMG]
    To remove the top you have to remove these four screws and the tray they hold down.

[​IMG]
    With the screws removed the tray will come right out. Now you need to push the top forward from the back of the case. It will be snug and you may have to move some of the top panel wires to get it to slide.

[​IMG]
    These 3 tabs are the reason you need to slide the top forward. They slide into slots on the case frame and lock the top plastic into place. ​

Somehow I forgot to take photos of the removal of the rest of the plastic pieces. The rest of the plastic is all held on by a few screws. The only hidden screws are on the bottom and are hidden by the case feet. Also be careful when removing the latches that hold the side panels on. There are tiny springs on each end and a screw in the middle of each that must first be removed. The tool-less clips that hold the PCI cards in can be removed as 1 piece by several screws on the back of the case.

[​IMG]
    And here is the bare frame. From the back side you can see all of the holes for the motherboard standoffs. These are all quite sharp and some have burs hanging off so be careful when handling the motherboard tray.

[​IMG]
    The empty frame from another angle.

[​IMG]
    The top of the frame has a normal metal panel but has several cutouts for different cooling options.

[​IMG]
    Looking at the frame bottom you can see yet another set of water cooling hose punch outs. I have been thinking about where I am going to locate the radiator and I believe this is a good option. I will weigh my options in the next few days and post my decision.

[​IMG]
    With the front removed we can see the gaping hole that will soon be filled by a LCD, fan controller, and an optical drive or two.

[​IMG]
    Just a quick shot of the motherboard tray removed. Notice the bracing on each end. The black plastic is a bearing of sorts that slides into a plastic groove. This is repeated on the top. The end result is a very smooth sliding motherboard tray.

[​IMG]
    This is the 5.25" tool-less clip that filleted my skin off.

[​IMG]
    To remove these clips you simply press down on the top of the black plastic and they pop out.

[​IMG]
    Here is everything I removed from the case. Quite a lot huh?

[​IMG]
    And finally here are the fans that the Thermaltake Armor+ comes with. A 220mm fan, 140mm fan and 120mm fan. ​

11. Validus

Validus What's a Dremel?

One of each size? Balancing pressure must be fun... But it's a good lookin' case.

Flesh wounds are just a part of moddin' :D We just try to make it the smallest part...

12. GuyInTulsa

GuyInTulsa Dremel Molester

Very nice write up.

The Monster background posters are appropriate, cause that case is a 'Monster'.

13. _-..zKiLLA..-_

_-..zKiLLA..-_ What's a Dremel?

I have that same monster poster, its so sick! :D

14. oneslowz28

Thanks guys. I got the monster banners from a friend last year some time. I am mainly using them to protect my walls from paint from my airbrush.

I have the rivets drilled out and plan on sanding everything down this weeks and painting this weekend if the temperature allows. Either way I will post an update this weekend.

15. programmer69

programmer69 What's a Dremel?

mahdi az iran ...

uppppppppppppp.......

mahdi az iran ...:thumb: