1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Calypso (updated 03/06/03)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by :Galokin:, 30 May 2003.

1. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

U can do the job with dremel...

but I use my dremel-lookalike for detail job's .. small things ... not to cut hole's in things etc...

U need powertools for that , jigsaw would be my choice , use some tape to cover the rest , and drew a nice straight line .. and make sure the panel will stay i place...

and get a new aluminium-cut blade... and first test it on some scrap aluminium ...

and then use the dremel to finish the edge's so its nice and smooth...

Or some grind paper.. but the dremel will be faster..

Good luck , the window is looking good .. a bit normal shape and a bit small ... but looking good none the less!

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

You can pick up a cheap jigsaw from any hardware store.

It will be a lot easier and quicker than with a dremel, just make sure you use plenty masking tape, stay inside the line and have a file ready for finishing it off.

3. DeLorean5000

DeLorean5000 What's a Dremel?

Good work there:D

4. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

Update 03/06/03

Ok since last update i have received my delivery of the following contents...

New Biohazard Grill
    [​IMG]

Some Rubber Trim
    [​IMG]

and an etch (not stuck on yet, just showing size)
    [​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using this stuff ive got i done the following...

Applied the new grill to my case using the current 4 LED akasa fan i already own
    [​IMG]

I then applied the rubber trim
    [​IMG]

I made one slight boo-boo when doing the trim, as u can see in the pic below i tried to make the trim 'merge' but it dint work as planned :wallbash:
    [​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok thats my update for now.

Hopefully should be buying some plexi this week to complete the window, then ill consider buying some lighting.

Not gonna bother using spiral wrap for the moment cos hopefully ill be getting a new motherboard for my birthday on Monday 9th so ill use spiral wrap when me installed that.

im done.

5. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Hi i thought i should pop along and contrabute too this Project.

Have to say that grill looks sweet as a nut and hopefully look even better in the Metal. Your window is a great design but will hopefully be extended as you are only showing your drive cages Of which we can sort out in a nice colour so they don't look boring :D Mmmmmm painting :p.

O and what colour is that trim??? is it black hmmm

6. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

yea i spose it would look cool to paint the cages inside, but wot did u have in mind?

Yup the trim is black.