1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project "Caution! Overclocked" - CrossFire 7970 / X58 Extreme / Xeon / Corsair 800D

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AT0MAC, 21 Jun 2018.

1. kim

kim Active Member

I agree, crazy :wallbash: can't wait to see all those sexy items assembled :grin:

AT0MAC likes this.
  2. AT0MAC

AT0MAC ~PC ninja~

Let's build a little more excitement before I reveal what I have in mind, maybe you already guessed it....

Today's product - water hoses! (Masterkleer)

[​IMG]

3. AT0MAC

AT0MAC ~PC ninja~

Trifecta!

Todays product:
    XSPC Dual DDC reservoir!
    Now my plan should be rather obvious....

[​IMG]

Triple loop system!
    GPU + North Bridge + CPU, each on its own pump, own fluid and own radiator.

Also, collected this weeks parts into 1 picture, quite the collection....

[​IMG]

Did another thing today, disassembled the CORSAIR 800D, oh boy does it have a ton of parts, interlocking, riveted, screwed in. Wonder what I should do to it, but at least its now easier to work on in parts.

[​IMG]

4. AT0MAC

AT0MAC ~PC ninja~

Not so many sweet products to show anymore, so im warming up to the actual mod and to restore these old parts. That alone is a whole project...

There where no pictues yesterday, so today you get 2 pictures instead to compensate.

I have cleaned, put new thermalpaste, new thermalpads and reassembled the 7970 card that is going to be watercooled.
    Turned out way better than I had hoped!

[​IMG]

There is a heatwave around here, with a light breeze, so im taking advantage of that and am cleaning the case parts today.
    Had almost forgot how many parts there is, ohh boy supertower indeed!

[​IMG]

See you soon for more hardware p0rn ;)

5. AT0MAC

AT0MAC ~PC ninja~

Honestly, I don't do much these days on the project, it's way too hot around here and can't think...

Sorry, but I'll be back!

[​IMG]
    Weather forecast for the coming week (wonder what happened to this week, but it is kind of just on repeat so why bother I guess, as I said, can't think clearly)