1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: Chemical Overdose 17-08: In stores now ;)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by _ferry_, 6 May 2004.

1. Garbach

Garbach What's a Dremel?

Goed gedaan jochie!!! :D

(Well done chap)

Nice lookin mod indeed!!!

2. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

tnks all :)

i used this one:
    part 562 I used him very much, because he can do everithing, like cutting plexiglass (witch goes fast and a lower risk on cracks compared to a saw) , soften edges and cut holes. on the side the say its made for ceramic, but steell, plexi and alu are no problem. There comes a lot of dust from it, but less than part 9901
    Witch is very hard, but creates small splinters that will irritate your hands the days after the job, i only used it for copper, because nr 562 is maybe to soft for it.

I like them with grills on them, offcourse they will work without them, and i'm not scared for damaging my fingers in them, but like Firehed i like the damaged grills.

3. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

4. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

let the smileys speak for themselfe
    :hehe:

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hah! Someone finally spelled my name right :)

Thanks for the info on the cutting bits. I was thinking about that carbide cutter myself, but I'll have to stop by some hardware store later and see what they have. I agree with RR5 :clap:

6. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

i just copy/pasted your name :hip:
    IMHO a cutting disc suck :p the rotation speed in plexi is to high so it melt and wont cut. And beause they are not as hard as metal they wont live long. But they work faster on bigger cuts. but for that i use the nibbler or metal saw or other tools. Offcouse it's your own choise, and its depends very much about what your going to cut, but for mounting those switches, the one i used is the best, also because the cutting discs are larger as the switches.

7. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

update

Today i did some work on the electronics, I'm still having some problems with the lightned switches, 1 of them is powered on when the light is off (inverted), and 2 are already slighty shining while the switch is off. I think i made a misstake while soldering them (kind of mess, with al those cable's).
    But a good thing is that the watercooling is running :D it took some thime to fill it and get the air out of it, but its running whitout leaks so far, so i feel happy :D

[​IMG]
    the tubes mounted on the vid card.

[​IMG]
    i already finished the power cables before, but i forgot to post them.

[​IMG]
    And the watercooling running.

I know, 3 pics isn't much, but the batteries were empty
    :eyebrow: i think this week i have the complete system up and running. but not completly finished because i need to order some UV led's, finish the case himself. And my current keyboard is so much used that he didn't work as nice as before, so i might order a new one + mice and paint them too.

8. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

mmmmmm looking good _Ferry_

9. WalliN

WalliN What's a Dremel?

Great mod :thumb: some nightshots would be nice

10. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

indeed, but first i had to finish the electric part, otherwise it would almost be a black picture ;) Only the ccfl in top of the res. is working now.

11. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Its taken me nearly an hour to read this thread and admire the fabulous computer mod, makes mine look crappy but thats life, how heavy is all that anyway?

Good luck with the final bits!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

12. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

thank you :)
    well, it isn't so heavy, only seeing other casemods. somethimes i have something like "i wish i (could) made that too" (like the hypercube, or the valve demo pc) But i have a lot of years to go (i'm 18) so enough time for modding. And i have already some new modding plans :rock: (but no hardware)

13. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

My current mod is to figure a way of getting my PS2 inside my computer, like Yoshis Boxx, but on a smaller scale, but as for the watercooling feature, I'm put off tby the fact that the computer will be moved about 100 miles every twice a month, which poses for leakages... not good!

But I'm looking forwards to your finished mod :dremel:

14. Hallq16

Hallq16 What's a Dremel?

[amazed] OMG OMG OMG that case looks so... ghetto and artistic and cool and original... OMG OMG :thumb: :rock: [/amazed]

15. ZeroX

ZeroX What's a Dremel?

realy good work on this one...

UPDATE PLEASE!

16. Thunder_return

Thunder_return What's a Dremel?

Nice case , The "pump-house" looks verry industry,
    the case itself looks like an mix between
    mad science and industry .. Really good work! :thumb:

17. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

tnks :)
    i have good news and bad news, the bad news is that the videocard ( a gf4 ti 4200) gives vertical artifacts. I hope it's just some artic silver witch makes contact with the contacts of the memory IC's. so i'm cleaning him ATM, and placed a 4MB PCI card in it.
    And thats the good news :D because the system is up and running :rock:

update: the videocard died :waah: i see only some vertical lines while booting, and the windows logon screen is not even visible, only a few pixels

Last edited: 26 Jul 2004
  18. dreamreality

dreamreality What's a Dremel?

wow i'm lovin the external watercooling unit. looking very sweet. keep it up!

19. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

jeej, the system is up and running, the videocard and and 512MB of memory died :( The RAM was'nt older as 1 year, so i hope it's warranty, because i spend my money on a new motherbord and videocard. The system is now on my room, so i can easily configure it and do some small modifications.

Pics are clickable this time :)

[​IMG]
    The case standing on my desk, it seems like he is usingf a lot of space, and thats true :hehe: Well, he can move a lot more to the wall, so it isn't a problem.

[​IMG]
    The cooling unit is standing next to the window, so it gets cool air.

[​IMG]
    Still it's hard to get good pictures of UV reactive stuff, but it looks good doesn't it?

[​IMG]
    There should be an light in the case too, but i think i should small CCFLS or led's for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :waah: :waah:

[​IMG]
    Nev vid card, ati 9600 pro 400/600mhz
    [​IMG]
    and a asus a7n8x-e deluxe
    [​IMG]
    As you can see a lot of mess in thge case, the WC block should be modified because it's made for GF4 cores, and cable's are everywhere. But its working.

20. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

woah, looking nice as usual, sorry to hear about your old video card but your new one should be real nice. esp. with the watercooling