1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: Chemical Overdose 17-08: In stores now ;)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by _ferry_, 6 May 2004.

1. Jang

Jang What's a Dremel?

Keeping with the industrial look, why not have a old bullet case from the army and put that on the side, and hold your res in that?

You know the ones, kinda look like lunchboxes... Meh well was an idea anyway. :blush: :confused:

2. aVToV|S|On

aVToV|S|On What's a Dremel?

it's soooooooooooo great :rock:

3. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

update

So, i finished this school jear, thats means more time for modding :dremel:
    The past few days i also did some small modding. but today i did alot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My current case, exactly 1 jear ago he was produced at the same place, now he will be demolished (well, only the hardware will be removed) As you might see the PSU is mounted on a strange way, otherwise the CPU block won't fit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've started with the PSU, he needs to be painted

[​IMG]
    After a lot of time spending on the bad saw, witch almost %^&**& up the back of the case, this is the result. As you can see the PSU will be mounted horizontally. Because the case is just 3mm to low :duh: This will cost 2 PCI slots witch i'm not using.
    [​IMG]
    Made a nice handgrip on the right side

[​IMG]
    I've forgotten that there will also be an cdrw drive in the casemod. So now he is mounted in the drivebay, tomorrow i'm going to cut the hole for it out of the front. And make an bezel for it.

[​IMG]
    Thanks to this tiny epia PC to making me able posting updates. Beause my current system is used for the casemod. I'm missing the noise already ;) this case contains only 2 fan's witch are running very slow.

4. benje

benje What's a Dremel?

good work chump!

Just curios, what PSU is that? It looks fairly decent and I was deciding what to get

5. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

It's an zalman 400watt

I'm having some serius problems:

http://home.zonnet.nl/fam-meijden/p3/IMG_3828.JPG

The motherboard was about 5cm (+/- 2 inch) bigger than the p200 mobo i used as sample. this means that a second dvd or cd drive won't fit :duh: :duh:
    well, there is an option: a USB-> IDE device, and keep it external.
    But the next thing is that i dont have enough space for the pump OR the 2x harddisc. So i wish there is an option to get 3 IDE devices external, but IDE cable's can't be longer than 90cm. The idea was to fit the pump on the right side of the case (left on the photo). But that %$&^ mobo is to big.

So i can get the pump external, but that means i should make a new watercooling case with space for an pump, radiator+fans and reservoir. Bigger as what i have ATM. Only on that way i can solve the problem, or maybe someone has an better idea?

6. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

i have an idea
    get a smaller motherboard :thumb:

7. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

I wish i could, but i dont know motherboards witch are smaller, for example the abit nf7-s, asus a7n8x, and dfi lanparty are all on the same size.

So the only option i see is making a new external watercooling case :dremel: :eyebrow:

8. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

those are all 9 mounting hole motherboards
    look for the 6 mounting hole motherboards
    the more cheap kind

9. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Really quite stunning dude, love it :rock:

10. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

Update

As i said, lots of time to casemod :D

Today i started building a new case for the radiator. But now with more space, for a eheim 1048 and a reservoir.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The mess is getting bigger and bigger, today mu mom told me "when you finished that case, you realy going to clean up your room very tidy." So i can wait about a month with cleaning up :hehe:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the PSU, on the second pic you see a cable witch i hold in the fire, yust to make it look like it has made a short circuit. The idea is not to use cable mesh, but yust grab them tidy together because it's more industrial than cable mesh.

[​IMG]
    The pump while painting,the corrosion fluid makes it look wet. I added first the rust ground layer, after that 2 thin layers of black paint, and after that applied the corrosion fluid. It's making it looks like he is rusty beneath the paint.

[​IMG]
    This is how it the setup should be. on the left side i will add a reservoir.

[​IMG]
    Welded the pipes and bottom together

[​IMG]
    welded the side and front witch will cover the pump.

[​IMG]
    Well this is the idea of the 2 pipes. Between them i add an plexi pipe, whitin an CCFL, i have only UV and blue, but i think green is more in style together with the green plexi and yellow/green water. :rock:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a front/back shot.

Well thats it for today, now i'm tired :hehe: :D

11. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

I'm at a loss for words, so I'll say this:

:jawdrop: :rock:

12. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

damn, very very nice!! lol @ molex plug;).

13. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

Great work dude :D

Hope to see some more pics as soon as possible :thumb:

14. r3men4nt

r3men4nt What's a Dremel?

Amazing work my friend, simply amazing.

A thought that popped into my mind when aw the first pic of the tube and the pvc was taht you were gonna use the pvc as the res, and my jaw dropped. Too bad though it would have been so l33t.

15. _ferry_

_ferry_ What's a Dremel?

thanks for the reply's all. :)

well, had to find some clear plexi pipe first. because this PVC pipe is mat colored, so you won't see the water.
    Yust took a look into the yellow pages, and there is an plexi/plastic shop not so far away, If they sell it, i defanly going to do that :D There is much more place there than in the legs of the normal case, witch was the first idea for the reservoir.

16. r3men4nt

r3men4nt What's a Dremel?

Most excellent!

17. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

I love the pump, just the right amount of wear and tear to it. :clap:

JEEVES

18. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Wow! This case keeps getting better and better. I like the "burned" look on the molex plug and wires. It's sucha subtle touch and really adds that little something extra :thumb:

Keep it up, and don't worry about the mess. Your case just wouldn't look right if it is sitting in a clean space ;)

-monkey

19. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

christ! that's sweet!! That evo 360 is One Large radiator :D I love the way you painted the pump!

20. Rexxie

Rexxie What's a Dremel?

Wowa :jawdrop:
    Case looks amazing, good work!