1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Chrome Dragon? *UPDATE* DONE!! NEW PIX!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Bboy_Jon, 1 Feb 2005.

1. offroadracer789

offroadracer789 What's a Dremel?

It is illegal if you make less than a person who earns minimum wage and works the same amount of hours.

A company that made tiaras for disney got in trouble because it was impossible for the workers on commision to make enough tiaras to earn about minimum wage per hour.

Hopefully somebody else can explain it better.

2. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

well then all the restourants in missouri are breakin the law cuz all waiters get payed 2.50

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

For any type of server position, they're supposed to make it up in tips, and if they don't, the employer matches out to make it at least 5.15 (or whatever your state minimum is) an hour.

Kayin, proudly NOT in food service anymore.

Now I wear blue and people call me sir.

4. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

a bellboy?

5. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

lol

a postal worker? lol

o ya i finsihed the dragon and modded my door, pics tomorow hopefully

6. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

7. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

*Update*

KK heres from like 3-4 days ago or so

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My re-done psx controller port

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My door of my bezel, i think ill hot glue the mesh there
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the dragon is complete (besides sanding it down so its not sharp and making the boy a bit rounder)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thats all for nowz

Help me figure out a window for the bottom part of the side panel

8. Bandit_zoraK

Bandit_zoraK What's a Dremel?

That turned out real nice! Maybe do a chinese character for dragon or something for the rest

9. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya im doing the symbol for dragon, (in chinese or japanese not sure which one yet) on the other side panel

probly somethin like this for the bottom half of the main panel

[​IMG]

i got 270 as the required resistor for these using the bit-tech calculator (blue first one in the list)

http://www.lsdiodes.com/5mm/

but would it be better to use a 330 or a 270? cuz for the forward voltage, typlical is 3.6, but max is 4.5 do i use max or typical? 330 ohm is needed for 3.6, but 270 is needed for 4.5 so do i go with max or typlical?

10. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

*Update*

ok well i can get a mirror finish pretty easily, just sand, and then use rubbing compound. you can still see scratches that im guessing is because i used 80 grit sand paper lol, but u gotta be upclose to see em, and its still pretty foggy, i guess because i emphasized sanding more on the middle part

heres some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now i only did that little section, i WOULD LOVE to do this to my whole case (but paint the bezel because u cant polish that) BUTTTTTT!!!!!! i used BONDO!!!!!!!! dammit, i used it on the mouth of the dragon and obviously i cant get a mirror finish on that section then. So i have to paint it dammit. It sucks cuz painting will take like 2 weeks. Sanding that lil section to look like that took 30 minutes, and its around the same quality asside from the scratches, but thats because i used 80 grit sand paper dammit!!!

man im sad now that i gotta go paint it

11. Morphes

Morphes What's a Dremel?

well you could make a metal cut out and polish it before attaching to it, this would give it the same effect.

12. Bum

Bum What's a Dremel?

Another idea: Do some painting around the dragon, like an aurora of energy or flame, and polish the rest of the case like you want to. It'll give your case some added interest when the lighting isn't dim enough to really appreciate the dragon cut-out.

13. Go4t

Go4t i

or you could just have a window sort of just an area polished as if it was cut out and a mirror stuck in there

14. Pistol

Pistol Guest

How about use some metal steel parts cut out in some modern angles, polished.

Use those in arbitrary places along the case sides and attach them over the painted side. Then it's painted and polished. It should look really good.

15. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

hmmm the outline around the dragon could work

just give it a blue outline

16. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

*UPDATE*

KK well i cut my side panel up, i guess im done with it (other side panel)

[​IMG]

Cut my 120mm blow hole for the cpu
    [​IMG]

As you can see the blow hole doesnt match up with the hole on the mobo tray
    [​IMG]

i was retarded and the hole on the tray i didnt measure right, so im just gonna widen the hole on the tray as much as i can. So ill have a big useless hole on my mobo tray :(

Also...........................

I got my psone lcd on saturday, $30 shipped, 18 bucks plus12 shipping. Thanx Iamgoodyy from Bit-tech.net!!

nice box, lets open it up
    [​IMG]

Screen and adapter
    [​IMG]

Woot my desktop
    [​IMG]

Pshh, i dled along came polly off someones comp at the lan party on friday (18th) and woot its jennifer anistons ass
    [​IMG]

thats all for now

Anybody know how to hook it up to a molex without buying the Sony car adapter? could i use this thing?

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=CLP-59&type=store

So i could attach the part youd plug into the cell phone to the lcd, and what just cut off the cigarette lighter plug and attach a molex?? wouldnt that just be a straight connection to the psu?

edit: BTW the screen isnt hooked up to vga yet, i just hooked it up through composite using the composite cable thing from my camera

17. sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88 Minimodder

Looking better, Why did you use 80 grit man!? thats like washing in the shower with a piece of coral instead of a wash cloth.

18. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

well to get the bondo away, it says to use 80 grit so i did that

actually there wasnt any bonod in the area so i just used it anyways lol

19. sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88 Minimodder

Ah, I guess I see your point, that sucks about that though man. Good luck. I'm using 220 grit on mine with my orbital sander and it works really well, not mirror finish but damn good for just 220 grit.

20. Hal

Hal What's a Dremel?

like where this is going man. keep it up! i would really like to see more of that mirror finish, but i feel you on the bondo! rock on