1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: computerproject (loads of pictures)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Gamblor, 4 Jul 2004.

1. Gamblor

Gamblor What's a Dremel?

I got a new Hard Drive and decided it was time for a case change form my trainwreck of a mod premod case.
    [​IMG]

I choose an Antec SLK3700BQE. The plan was something to match the black TV, videogame systems and shelf, as well as look good enough to display

[​IMG]

Out of the box it comes

[​IMG]

sidebyside with old case

[​IMG]

Stock inside

[​IMG]

Gutted old computer . this was later a mistake because i did not need the parts until about 4 days later, so i was without internet to look for help or tips.

[​IMG]

Specs: athlonxp3200, radeon 9800xt, 1gig ram.

beer time

[​IMG]

skip ahead, sanded case

[​IMG]

Skip ahead again, primed.
    [​IMG]

panel design

[​IMG]

After my FIRST EVER dremel cut, and literaly broke 15 cutting disks, some door edge molding, dyed plastic door clips, painted fan grill, and a dyed 120mm fan i had:
    [​IMG]

i added the 80mm fan hole there to cool the HDDs. There wil lalso be one in the glass for the videocard. a problem was that the 80mm would letme add 2 hard drives because it blocked them. I need to get a thin fan to use for this.
    the chassis, floppy, and drive bays painted
    [​IMG]

everything put together, looking very nice

[​IMG]

powersupply before (from old case, i dont need the antec one that came with it

[​IMG]

and after (note sleeving is on the way and will be done later)

[​IMG]

all the parts in it

[​IMG]

the front sofar. painted buttons and floppy. still need to do CD roms and a lt more

[​IMG]

token night shot (1 CC and 1 LED fan

[​IMG]

TO do : cut and add plexiglass, top window/fan, fan controller, wire sleeving, something special with the front, a few more parts and tidy up.

Last edited: 4 Jul 2004
  2. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Great work so far and good cutting with the Dremel. All i can recommend is for you to braid the PSU and change it's fans for some Blue LED ones and stealth the drives and you're laughing :D Very tidy case, good choice.

EDIT: The top of the case could also use a CCFL :D

3. Gamblor

Gamblor What's a Dremel?

There is already 1 blue led fan and 2 more to go in soon.
    The braiding is on the way i should have it monday. the drives wil be painted blue, but you wont see when door is closed.

4. Explicit

Explicit What's a Dremel?