1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Coolercases Overload - Finally updated

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by M_D_K, 9 Jun 2004.

1. juzzwuzz

juzzwuzz What's a Dremel?

Very Nice Shinny Case. :D
    Looks like it will be an interesting project.
    Good Luck to you. :dremel:

2. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Minimodder

nickel is not anywhere as bright as chrome, but i personally like the effect more.

and just for reference, nickel plating is actually one of the steps in chroming (i believe it's after the copper and just before the chrome) so I would imagine it costs either a little less than full chroming or about the same price. (from what I remember of seeing chroming done, the nickel bath takes a bit of time (15minutes?) compared to the chrome bath of about 1-2 minutes, IIRC).

3. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

M_D_K, is that the standard nova case that you used (as of about Feb) to get on the prebuilt PC's. If so how much was it bcause iv'e got one sitting on my desk and i want to mod it but im not allowed (and i quite like the shape).

4. olv

olv he's so bright

mmmmmmm frosty :brrr: looking nice. Cathar's blocks are really sweet.

Few questions, why are you using PC4000 RAM? Also, if you replace the 256mb stick in Dimm#1 with a 512mb stick you'll have 1gb running Dual chan.

5. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Yeah its the standard case that i've had a while, i did a few little things to it before this like the logo in the front, the previas paint job etc...
    Think i paid £60 now novatech don't stock it anymore not suprised i did buy it a while ago :).

Im using PC4000 cause it was the same price as 3200 with a smidgin of discount :). Also i bought 2 lots of 512mb 4x256mb sticks for 2 systems but one of the systems is doing fine with only one stick so i put the other in this thing i will try and get a 512mb stick if that will work. The other thing that appealed to me about the ram was the gold spreaders very shiny :p. Im a proper magpie i love shiny things :p.

Thanks juzzwuzz update on the way time to show you people what watercooling really looks like :).

As explained very well by PsychoI3oy yeah its slightly duller then chrome but has a nicer affect :p. Again i don't know how much it costs lol i don't pay for any of my custom paint or treatment work.

Keep the questions coming people update very soon :p

morgan.

6. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

update 3

Well its time for an update, been busy putting it all back in the case the and getting it all to fit nice and neat.

First off on the list of things to do was to get the first watercooling loop into the case and make it so that all the tubes are as short as they can be to make it as neat as possible. This took me about an hour of cutting and fitting to get it all to look right and fit nice and snug. I also had to make sure there was room for the second loop and all of the tube that will be going with it not to mentions the case cables and lights. Well enough talking you want images remember click them so they go big big big.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now that its all in I wanted to test to see how the UV die was working and see if I needed to add a little more or dilute what’s already in there if I’ve put too much. Well to my surprise id put the right amount in and it looks damn good now all glowing and cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just to see the affect these next 2 images show you before and after just to show how nice it looks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next 2 show the NB and the Cascade at work

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here’s a couple images that show off the glowing tubes again as well as the UV cables and molex connectors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well lets now pop over and have a look at the FX that has been sitting in its box for over a week and has finally been brought out of the dark. To then been stripped of its sink and had a nice new face lift consisting of some Tweakmonster BGA ramsinks and a nice Maze 4 GPU block.

Well lets start off with a quick shot of the card with the sinks resting on there ready for the expoxy to be applied.
    [​IMG]

As you can see its defiantly an impressive card, with its shiny shim around the Core of the card.

Quick shot to show the core in all its glory.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now a close up shot of the Ramsinks all stuck in place.
    [​IMG]

Well a final shot, watch out the shim is a shiny bugger makes it all a lot nicer :p.
    [​IMG]

Well wait till tomorrow and I’ll have some more shots of the second loop being test fitted for space as well as a few more things to boot.

Enjoy
    Morgan.
    [images hosted by lorquis.net]

7. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

omg dude. WOW! nice work. Nice colour. Nice card. Damn man, more money than anything. Yet again !!! AHH I would kick you. Nice mate very cool.

8. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Aside from the dimness of your photography, looking very good Morgan :)

9. juzzwuzz

juzzwuzz What's a Dremel?

Very cool, literaly. :thumb:
    Great colour choice, 'cool blue'. :hip:

10. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

whooo that UV blue revealing looks really spooky :thumb:

11. Davedude

Davedude What's a Dremel?

ARG! You have a silver cascade?!?! And you have the flow going into the outlet! ARG ARG :wallbash: Maybe I'm wrong? Nice mod in any case :duh:

12. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

OMG Im such a MUPPET

WTF have i done, smacks head :( Yes you are right it is going into the outlet OMG i am such a muppet.

Well lucky some one saw it lol

/looks sheepish :(

Well the temps arn't bad hehe :)
    /goes off and changes it, damn there goes a couple hours lol

morgan.

13. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

maybe if you got more sleep things like that wouldnt happen :hehe:

looking ridiculous though, in such a fantastic way :rock:

14. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

i would get to sleep if i didn't have such crap dreams.

Anyhoo, i have got it sorted now all i got to do is sort out why the temps are higher now :S.

morgan.

15. Ligoman17

Ligoman17 What's a Dremel?

I just wanted to say that you're doing an awesome job and I'm following this thread with much anticipation. I'm working on a new watercooling setup myself, and you've given me some great ideas. LOVE the "kickel" plating btw... :hehe:

Last thing, how is the noise level on the DD pump? They have a noise-level curve on their website and it looks a bit loud compared to some other pumps. What's your take on it?

16. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Hehe looks like a good little rig. :thumb: You going to be using those mosfet and sb blocks then? Maybe you said but i am only capible of skim reading so i would have missed it. I heard 2nd loop somewhere along the line tho :eyebrow: :rolleyes:

Thought i was going to have some competition for the title of 'guy with most blocks in a single case' for a min. Now wheres my mosfet block got to :naughty: :p

Kudos on the newbe mistake :clap:

17. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Yellowsnow17 thankd mate its going great keep watching will get an update soon trying to get some pictures done :)

slater3333uk, yup got a mosfet block and SB block going in :), the HDD blocks wont be here till next wednesday so i wont be able to add them yet
    but the second loop will be in tomorrow :).

morgan

18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

can we have a complete block list and count of the final system? :D

(oh, i got your twinkies today btw)
    edit: that sounds bad for ppl who dont know what im on about :hehe:

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Looks like I started a trend then? :D But seriously, that is a very nice and clean setup. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest! :thumb:

20. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Block list
    Cascade SS
    DD Maze 4 GPU
    DD Maze 4 NB
    DD Z-chip
    Aquacomputer NB
    Mosfet block
    2 x HD-o-matics
    Am looking at PSU blocks at the mo

You got the twinkies cool can't wait :)