Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Snakez, 13 Sep 2006.
I'm enjoying it, you're welcome.
Sweet, food for me
After having taken a little rest friday and saterday, the batteries where charged again. That meant starting one hell of a job Sunday morning.:
Placing 25 LEDs, connecting them, ánd solving another big problem. The Musketeer wouldn’t fit.
The start: the protection tubes for the LEDs.
Putting the LEDs in
Outlining the extra holes in the plexiglass:.
And then we have thirty wires:.
This really is a delicate job…
The we have the big problem. It seems the connections for the sound are too long, so now the Musketeer doesn’t fit for the second time in a row.
So what I did is cutting of the connectors (first looked where the plus and min of the sound are and the desolder…
Then we drill the holes in the circuit board.
Where once the connector was are now three wires.
Cut them of and it looks just fine.
Did you think i was ready? Not realy, the power connector had to go off too.
So you see, for every problem we have a solution. The Musketeer is in place and doesn’t have to come out ever again!
No, Ediejo isnt ready with the solder iron yet. This site isn’t thát much….
But the other side…
To be clear, that big bunch down there too…
Later on you won’t see much of it anymore
The oc-press tube barely fits through the holes, but it fits just right!
This is everything of wiring that will be in sight. The two wires for the sound in and out of the Musketeer and the two black/red wires for the light of the Musketeer and harddrive will fit nicely behind the motherboard.
After a twelve hour day in my moddingroom i think it’s enough for today. Tomorrow more soldering and if everything goes right we’ll finish building Tuesday. But then everything has to go right.. or else Wednesday is another day
Many wires Ed, but not a record I would love to see the endresult.
As will I franklin, as will I. Looks great!!
I dond’t want that record franklin.
For the end result have some patience. And I know that you have that.
This is definitely the coolest Stacker I've seen and I guess it's just gonna get better
Thanks Jipa. But I also understand if people say I don’t like the color combination.
Lookin good so far
great work man hope that nothing goes wrong really want to see the end result.
keep up the good work.
A small update today because of a small issue which delayed the whole lot a bit (with a size of approx. 5mm
I looks like all leds are operational …..
With exception of one ;-) because the stock is gone, all leds are used and there is still one which needs to be replaced.
This is the guilty one , the pain in the ass, it’s already removed but now we need to replace it with a new one and you can be assured that it’s not easy because of its location.
It it’s not easy to spot, but to get the perfect result it must be replaced …
The case fans who provide the wanted result, the produced light is superb.
A shot with the side panel. As you can see the number of led’s did not change, due to the fact that the resistors are changed the leds produced more light then they suppose to do. This will have a negative impact on the life/endurance of the leds, that why we swapped the resistors which decreased the brightness of the leds but improved the life. That’s also the reason that now more leds are used to get the same result.
Tomorrow my Canon 350D should be ready after it needed to have some repair. This means the quality of the photos will improve dramatically. The Fuji camera which I used today is not able to cope with the UV light …..
yay, i love seeing this mod come to life
That looks amazing.
You never did answer me about the paint. Can you give me the info on what the exact process you did was and what the exact paint was please.
Looking top notch love it
@Neoki, the First thing that I did was making the parts who must be painted a bit rougher with sand paper 240.
Then I spray it 3 times in the primer.
Then I spray it 4 times in the colour. Click
Than the next day I spray it 3 or 4 times with varnish.
Distance to the material 30 cm
Today first thing i did was pick up de Canon 350D up.
So i can give you guys some better pics
This is what the 350 makes of it
With the lights on.
Then a little darker.
Then totall darkness.
After that started on exchanging the led that doesn't work. To get there the whole stealthing plate needed to go out again. What a job.
De top led is changed in a few minutes. Now i can start working on hiding all the wires. And even when it takes 2 days for the led to arrive , it doesn't matter . Still enoght work to do.
Cool , fans not working lighting up like that.
On this pic you can see the prurple uv glow comming out of the case.
It seems we did do not much today....It was hours of work changing the led.
He's fine like this for today , back again tommorow.
agreed, keep it up!!
I want it
The fans are spooky
Separate names with a comma.