1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Cosmos SLR

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by coolmiester, 22 Sep 2007.

1. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

Why are those fans mounted as intake ?

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

because they look cool! nuf said!

3. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Couldn't have put it better myself:hehe:

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i have a nack at that..ROFL!

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

oh how I love chrome and this mod

6. coolmiester

To be fair Koradhil, personally i try to build show cases to show the things that matter off rather than hiding them and if that's to the sacrifice of a little performance hit so be it but a couple of degrees at best is all i will loose with the setup this way so i'll go form over functionality every time and let everyone else worry about those eth degrees.

No different to what i did here and here really apart from the fans are pushing rather than pulling through the rad but if this case was about performance i wouldn't be using an X-Flow 240 GTS to start with tbh

Hope that helps clear the reasoning why i mounted it this way:)

7. coolmiester

Had to dig deep today and after an 8 hour shift managed to get the other side panel finished which was a lot easier second time around as there wasn’t any trial and error, it was simply a case of copying the previous one in reverse so got that done then went onto polishing the two top grab handles and painted the bottom two matt black.

Anyway did a bit of a mock up to see how things were looking……..minus the front door as I left it at work and didn’t really want to go and collect it as I was covered in polish grime.

So at long last its starting to come together….

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

dude this is looking awsome:thumb:

9. Virus-Frederic

Virus-Frederic What's a Dremel?

:) hello coolmiester
    Very very :jawdrop: nice mod that you have done :thumb: But for the inclusion cosmos account you put something else like "KOMPRESSOR"

10. Godric

Godric What's a Dremel?

Looks really nice, are you going to change the colours of the jacks for sound and mic? They ruin the nice colour combination.

11. Koradhil

Looks kickass :thumb: Might have been even nicer if the exhausts would point farther backwards though. I love the polished bars on the top.
    I have another question for you. How did you remove the double sided tape which is used to mount the foam padding and the plexi on the door ? It took me an hour to get the stuff off one of the sidepanels, using heptane solvent (I guess the english word is white spirit).

12. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Looks really excellent :rock: Here's a couple of small, tiny suggestions to try and possibly improove on what is a practically perfect case mod :D
    Godric does make a point about the jacks up top. Maybe painting the top rim of the jacks black would be good, that way people would still be able to see the color inside of the jack so they can still be easily identified without standing out so much.
    I also think you should recess the black panel that holds the exhausts into the case a little, say ~1cm. A bit of mdf could be cut out like a "C" but with the same curve as the exhaust panel, then painted black and used as a border to fill the ~1cm gap, so the mdf wouldn't really be seen from the outside. I don't know how quick it would be tho because i don't know how the black panel is attached :confused:
    Do these two things and chances are i will be coming over there to steal this case asap :jawdrop:

13. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

There are small icons beside each jack, so he could easily paint them entirely red and still be able to identify which is which.

14. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

I was worried that the red would predominate the rest of the colors, but it turns out to be just the color of the 'interior' :) Keep it up!

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Perfect as usaual Paul :thumb:

Got any plans on the loop going into this bad boy/girl?

16. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

well lets hope there will be lots of black delrin topped blocks in there..:D

17. coolmiester

Just a quick teaser picture with the front door on before the Coolermaster closing date in a couple of ;)

Suggestions appreciated and taken on board but I’ve still got to get a complete system in there so not sure I’ll have time for much more tbh

[​IMG]

GaryP likes this.
  18. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

looks to me like ya nailed it man:thumb:
    anymore an it'll take away from the clean an simple effect i think

19. Teyber

Teyber ******

beautiful! like stated above i think a "kompressor" sticker would look awsome, over the cosmos.

20. Koradhil

There's some things I'd done differently, but...
    "Overall, this is a kickass product" :D

Tags: