1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Digital Picture Frame- Oct 1 (Version 2.0!) Complete

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mattthegamer463, 25 Sep 2005.

1. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

LOL

My camera has only macro, landscape, portrait, beach and snow, and auto. I'm pretty sure glass mode is for taking pictures of stuff behind glass or from behind glass, not taking pictures of glass.

2. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

You are correct

you can achieve the same effect on most compacts by turning the flash off and bumping up the iso/asa to avoid shake

3. mattthegamer463

Yes thats what I do, it just results in really dark pictures most of the time. Nothing a little Photoshop can't fix, but its still a hassle.

4. EFKEN

EFKEN What's a Dremel?

good work, but too large DPF!~

Jeje, it's really a well done work, but your digital photo frame is too large and not so good look, sugget to buy some new LCD panel to make a good new one. :D

5. mattthegamer463

Too large? I would never settle for one of those stupid 7" frames, theyre totally pointless and you can't see them from across the room. Redoing it probably wouldn't make it look any better, as of now it looks almost exact same as a normal picture frame.

6. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

the only thing wrong with this mod is the power cable... I know major work but putting in a soccet behind the picture would make it so much cooler :D (not that it's not already cool).

7. mattthegamer463

I know, but its not my wall. :p

I'd love to pop in a small hole and run the cable through it and have it come out the bottom, but my mom would NEVER allow it.

8. OvRiDe

OvRiDe What's a Dremel?

This is what I did for a similar situation.

http://www.wiremold.com/www/consumer/products/cordmate/index.asp

I'm not sure where they sell it in Canada, but in the states I got it at Home Depot. Its self adhesive and you can prime and paint it the color of the wall. I know its not going to be invisible, but it will blend in better then a black cord. Also its pretty inexpensive. Hope this helps.

BTW Great project, came out looking GREAT!

9. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

Well done this project looks great :D :D

10. mattthegamer463

Thanks a lot for that idea, but since I take it off the wall pretty often to check stuff out something like that would be more of a nuisance. I could always just paint the cord and then tape it to the wall so that it doesn't cast a shadow.

BTW Welcome to the forums. :thumb:

11. OvRiDe

OvRiDe What's a Dremel?

Yah.. I can see where that would be a total pain. Painting the cord sounds like its got some promise, just not sure how well the paint will stick. Anywho black cord or not, the project is totally cool, and looks fantastic.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome.. I have actually been here a while, just never had anything to say until now. :D Usually I just sit here with my mouth hung open and speechless. :jawdrop: The greatness on this board can be intimidating.. hahaha

12. mattthegamer463

Yes there is some great stuff here. I'm blown away on a daily basis by it.

Yesterday I installed LogMeIn software on the frame so now I basically never have to take it down. The power button spring broke so I had to try and fix it, turns out the power switch was on a daughterboard that had a length of wire on it, so I was able to move it outside the frame! Now its perfectly easy to turn on and off, and fully controllable using any PC in the world.

13. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

if the thing has wifi, there is a screensaver out there that will pull images from a flickr photostream. upload your photos to that and you have a really neat solution.

14. Bluefan

Bluefan test 123

That is just sooo cool, wish I had one of those! I just love the clean looks of it.

15. mattthegamer463

Yeah, I could but its easier for me to just CTRL + V them into the shared network folder. Also it allows my mom to put her pics on it too without too much trouble. I really don't change my pictures very often (which hopefully will change when I get a Rebel XTi possibly this weekend!) so this method suits me fine. Plus now with LogMeIn I can add pics from any computer.

16. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

Why did the pix appear blue on the pictures you show us ? Camera, or screen problem ?

17. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

It'll be the camera, some were taken at an odd angle, to be expected really

18. mattthegamer463

Yes in pictures of version 2.0 it was the light and camera resulting in blueish pictures, on V 1.0 it was the crap screen, that if you went 40 degrees from dead center viewing point the colours would invert. Luckily in real life this isn't a problem.

19. Noobkiller

Noobkiller What's a Dremel?