1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Divergence :: my58vw's HTPC :: 1st place CM3!!! New Pics :: 7/03/04

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by my58vw, 23 Apr 2004.

1. Kingston

Kingston New Member

I like the case... but the front bezel however...

Anyways this is just my opinion but what the hell? The big indent just doesnt look right. Throughout this whole log i was waiting for something to fill in that huge indent. But it doesnt look like you are. You could even put some nice modders mesh running with the lines of the case. But as for that big front indent I'm sorry if this hurts your ego but I think it looks like total crap. It breaks the shape of the case completely. Now I know you probably didnt want to hear it but I would make a guess as I am not the only one thinking this. If you planned on doing something with it Im sorry I should have read alittle closer.

I do think this project has the potental to look really really good like I said you could do something with modders mesh or even like a speaker grill I think would just finish it off really nicely.

This post is not a flame so dont take it that way. Its simply some very harsh but I hope constructive critisism.

2. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

My CM3 Entry Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Move Clip (800k)

As tp the question about the hole... what hole, the bottom or the top. The top has a VGA 640 x 480 screen, the bottom is the fans...

Here are some more pics that did not make it to the contest...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is my entry page for the contest CM3 Case Entry :: Divergence

Case is 95 Percent done... just need to get the screen working and a few opther small things then the case is done :clap:

3. JEEVES

JEEVES Member

Looks great, I will be pulling for you in the contest. Glad to see you got it done in time (well for the most part).

JEEVES

4. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

As much of it as I could in the time that I could... it is almost there... :D

Update :: Power and Reset Switches are in and working :D

Last edited: 16 Jun 2004
  5. _rahoul

_rahoul New Member

i think you've got it man. Having a quick look at the competition, they're all outclassed by Divergence. Its in the bag. :thumb:

6. SaintNicster

SaintNicster New Member

::bows, a la Wayne and Garth:: I'm not worthy, i'm not worhty.

You've got my vote, man, and to think that I used the same case as you. The exterior of mine is just plain pathetic (esp. the paint job). I am, however, pleased with how the inside turned out

//had to sneak in a mention of my case

7. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

I am going to vote for your case in class B... thanks all... more pics soon...

Oh ya, I love typing on the computer! :hehe:

8. autocan

autocan New Member

9. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Divergance has this contest in the bag! :rock:

10. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Switches Done...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These pics lead to that final saying... I am done! :clap: :clap: :clap: or at least I think. I still need the pci video card to power the screen and a few small issues (i.e. the MB temp sensors are going bad (75 degrees C for the processor is not right :waah: and 55 degrees for the system temp...

It has been fun doing this project, I learned so much about filler and metal work and dremeling and other things. I am happy with the way that it came out but like many projects I can never say that it is done. I want to work on the upper VFD some more, raising it and making a cover so only the screen is seen. Also the CDROM is going to get the lighting slot mod amoung other things. I will update this thread when more work is done.

I hope you all enjoyed this project and look forward to many more in the future... If you have any comments please feel free to leave them here and I will be happy to hear them.

Until the Next Project... Keep Modding :dremel:

On a side Note :: An article would be nice :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

This project will be up on my website soon with all the pics avalable in full size and a bit more comentary on what I did with the project...

11. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

amazing! I love the desplay and the cd drive!!!!!! :jawdrop: and the blOO looka super cool! :thumb:

12. Le Tordu

Le Tordu New Member

After seeing the others Category A mods in the CM3 contest, i really think you have great possibilities to win or at least being on the podium ! :rock:

Congratulations and good luck for the contest !

13. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Screen Pics are here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The screen looks awsome with the case and I can say that it has been worth the work setting it up and all... Case is now 99.9% done :clap:

14. _rahoul

_rahoul New Member

oh mama.....

:jawdrop:

15. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

Sweet!

Looks good, I think you will win, at least be top3, some of the others are just light, noting modded, like some of the acryl cases, added light, look its a mod :hehe:

Good luck, you have the best looking case there! :thumb:

16. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Stunning work sir. I'm putting a top loading drive in my case at the moment... yours looks so stunning that you've spurred me into getting on with it.

VERY nice case, congratulations in advance for winning the competition :D

17. JEEVES

JEEVES Member

are you able to edit your entry to have the lcd in there? I would hope so as that would lock in your 1st place. Seems people go nuts when you have a lcd in your computer. Anyways good to see everything is working.

JEEVES

18. tmod

tmod New Member

The PSOne screen really puts it over the top...beautiful! The tinted acrylic looks great as well.

19. autocan

autocan New Member

20. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Just emailedf the personm that is in charge of the contest ti see if he will let me. Thanks for all the compliments,,,