1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Divergence :: my58vw's HTPC :: 1st place CM3!!! New Pics :: 7/03/04

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by my58vw, 23 Apr 2004.

1. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Ya I do, we build just about anything a customer could want... We actually own the computer shop... that is what my father does...

Thank You... should be nice, more work coming this evening. :D

2. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

Get to work and post those pics!!

3. alianyn

alianyn What's a Dremel?

been following your work for some while now, keep up the stellar work...
    you`ve got the imagination and drive!

4. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Ok here are some pics of the work in progress... making the front and back fan brackets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The back plate is going to be rivited it to the io rack part that is not in the pic and the area between the plate and the metal will be bondoed it like the front for a clean apearance. I am working on the inner racks and will have more pics up soon.

5. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Finishing Back Fans...

Part 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow that is a lot of pics. The fans are officially done with the bottom vfd mount and all the internal (except the top) are all rivited back togehter. I had to modify the MB tray and I am going to be removing material from all over the case to fit the plexi. The case should be in primer and paint tomarrow if all goes well... but until then look at the photos for some eye candy...

UNtil Next Time... Keep Modding :dremel:

6. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Wow, that is some awesome bondo work! Great job on this stuff my58vw! Those fans look cool :thumb:

7. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

Looks great. Cant wait to see it all painted. :) Keep up the good work.

8. ColD_FusSioN

ColD_FusSioN What's a Dremel?

Fans

The lights on the fans look cool!!!, good job... :hip:

9. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Thanks guys.., and the case is practiclly silent from the fans... now all I need is a CPU and ps fan that is adjustable. My goal is silent as possible server...

More to come soon. :D

10. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Small teaser pic... As I said I am, finishing the drive rack today and I am working on priming the inner and possibly the outer parts. Here is the back panel primed...

[​IMG]

It came out really nice. I know the top is a slight problem but I could see that before the prier went on, it can not dit flush with the case right there and that is the reason that you see the little line. The other parts came out really nice with the slight indentation that I expected with the panel fitent... We are on out way... :D

Looks almost factory... :eek:

11. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

OoOoOooooOoOO! GREAT JOB! :dremel:

12. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Thanks... just cutting some drive bay peices now and I will have more pics up ASAP! :D

13. SaintNicster

SaintNicster What's a Dremel?

Good Job with the case. Very close to stock. You definately will have a chance at winning CM3. It will be interesting to see what two different people can do with one case type.

14. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

wow, gorgeous job! :eeek: :thumb:

w00000000t, 600th post! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

15. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Thanks,

Just finished upper drive assembly tonight and it came out really nice... now just need to make the bottom and connect the two. When I can I will post pics of the work...

The upper drive cage took me almost 5 hours to fab...

Oh and about CM3... I hope that I can do good in class A, the case by tadakin is really nice in the sides but I hope that the overall design on the case will help me be competitive...

Last edited: 1 Jun 2004
  16. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Upper Bay :: Project Divergence Signiture Mod (At least one of them)

Goal : Cdrom eject from top with dedicated vfd to display information about computer. No eject button... no lost cds in lan mode

How to do it... Dedicated upper media rack out of plexi for cdrom and vfd display.

Difficulty :: Very Hard :hehe:

Now the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rack took over 5 hours to plan and build and is still not quite done, it is almost there. I need to bottom rack to secure everything together. I am noticing that the vfd is a little high and that will have to be looked at. All you will see in the top is a slot for the cdrom and writting on the top from the vfd. I decided to move the power and reset buttons to the back of the case for additional lan security. The front is done (sorry no pics) expect the lcd ount which I a working on. I expect everthing to paint this week (hopefully by Wednesday and the tinted plexi to be cut and fitted soon after that. There is still some metal work to do for the case and after that is just the wiring (huge job, full custom) and OS install, Hardware, etc. ETA is 12 days so I can take photos for the contest. More to come tommarrow...

Until then... Keep Modding :dremel:

* Off topic slightly *

I need a discription of the case for CM3. I am thinking something like this (hope I do not offend anyone)

Case modding is about thinking outside the box and trying things that have not been done before. This case goes beyond side panel cuts and blue lighting but diverges into a new direction for case design. Every peice of this case is custom fabricated with the original parts of the case. In essence this is the ultimate premod, designed to look like the factory style while maintaining a custom look for the user.

Features of Project divergence include dual 20 x 4 matrix orbital vacuum flourecent displays and a 5 inch 640 x 480 VGA wired display for monitoring vital pc activity. On top is a custom control panel with a slot loading pioneer dvd-rom drive and one of the vfd displays dedicated to the cdrom. Looking at the front the original front peice makes way for dual stelthed screwless fans in a custom bracket bringing in intake to the case. In the back 2 custom mounted exhaust fans (vs 1 stock) are molded in to the case. The sides of the case are done in dark tinted plexi glass that was cut to give these large windows that match the control feel of the case. The glossblack color of the case is designed to work with the blue lighting to create a nice effect in the case. Finally the 2 switches are in the back, custom vandel resistant blue switches for power and reset and security at lan parties.

Hope you enjoy looking at Project Divergence...

Estimated time to build : 100+ hours

Estimated Cost : 450 dollars for case and multimedia, 1200 total

What do you think about the discription? I like it and I hope it does not offend anyone... :yawn: now time for bed...

Last edited: 1 Jun 2004
  17. Balder

Balder Calmer than a monk on morphine

It's looking realy good :thumb:
    Love the bondo work, looks smooth, cant wait to see it painted!!

Mod on :dremel:

18. wickyman

wickyman What's a Dremel?

How would that offend anyone? im just curious?

19. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Last time I entered a pc modding contest I offended someone by inenvirtenly (sorry I can not spell) saying crap about their case ( a comment of my case is not like the typical case with green paint and dragons...) and I wanted to see that I did not do it here... :D

20. Goblin Tinkerer

Goblin Tinkerer What's a Dremel?

Good pics keep em coming!